Thanked in
    245 Posts
    I don't think he'll be called up.

I'd give 20-1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    10-1 for me. If he keeps up this good form then who knows?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    i dont see what all the fyss is about really? since he has been at forst he hasnt been capable of holding down a 1st team place very long? the man obviosly has ability but you dont see it enough

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Injurys play a big part in this for him, but if he stays fit and keeps performing in the league I dont see how trap can ignore him for SA. What time is the press conference today anyone?
    Last edited by Manblue; 25/09/2009 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    I'd be very surprised if Andy Reid is included in today's squad or any other squad for the remainder of the qualifiers/ eventual play-offs (unless some after match entertainment is needed when we qualify for SA).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Great write-up in today's Irish Times by Michael Walker. I read the whole piece shaking my head in wonderment that he has no place in the current squad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I am saddened that Andy Reid is not in the squad. I know that he could not be in the first eleven but leaving him out of the squad altogether is ludicrous. We don’t have a plan B at the moment and I truly believe that Reid answers this problem, he can only make the team better surely. I really hope that Trap is not letting a disciplinary issue that happened quite a while back cloud his judgement and is waiting for Reid to prove his ability and professionalism a little longer. He is just too gifted a player to be forgotten about or ignored.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Andy being continually left out is the only thing stopping me from being delighted about Traps new contract. He doesnt deserve to have his international career ended.Hes a quality playing and would walk through walls to get the chance to play for his country.Some one of that talent and desire shouldnt be left out completely for something as small as an arguement
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    How do you know that is the reason he is left out, as he was in a squad after that incident.
    In Trap we trust

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    How do you know that is the reason he is left out, as he was in a squad after that incident.
    I just dont think its for legitimate football reasons so Im just guessing its for reasons of an arguement
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    As you've said yourself Neil itsprobably more to do with Reid's percived attitude by Trap. Andy Reid is making it difficult for Trap to leave him out for purely footballing reasons.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag View Post
    I am saddened that Andy Reid is not in the squad. I know that he could not be in the first eleven but leaving him out of the squad altogether is ludicrous. We don’t have a plan B at the moment and I truly believe that Reid answers this problem, he can only make the team better surely. I really hope that Trap is not letting a disciplinary issue that happened quite a while back cloud his judgement and is waiting for Reid to prove his ability and professionalism a little longer. He is just too gifted a player to be forgotten about or ignored.
    agree with all this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag View Post
    I thought the Italy game proved we do have a Plan B?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I thought the Italy game proved we do have a Plan B?
    Not in my opinion. We actually began to play some football that night because we had to chase the game if we were to get anything from it. The subs that came on did change the game but were like for like for the ones who came off. They just happened to compete better.

I think that was the best Ireland performance so far in the campaign and we could and should have probably won it.

I would have more confidence in Andy Reid changing a game that we needed to win than any other player in the squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    I mean instead of seeing more quotes of Trap talking about SI again yesterday, I would like to hear what he has to say on Andy....I mean has he shut the door on him? Was he not asked about Andy on friday?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Reid isn't in the squad as (a) Trapp doesn't think he can do a job in a wide position (b) Trapp doesn't think he can do the unglamorous work in the centre.

Why is it that there is always some fecking player not in the squad the fans obsess about?

It's not as if the results are bad right now and Andy Reid didn't convince as a match winner for us in the past. ( I'm not convinced by the argument of his running the game against a German team who didn't break a sweat ).

Trapp was quoted this week as saying the results are a testament to what self-confidence and structure can do.

He wants a player who is willing to play his system. Reid had his chance in the squad an blew it.

Playing well on it's own won't be enough for him to get back into the squad.

Reid may need to try and speak to Trapp directly and convince him he will do whatever Trapp needs him to.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Reid isn't in the squad as (a) Trapp doesn't think he can do a job in a wide position (b) Trapp doesn't think he can do the unglamorous work in the centre.

Why is it that there is always some fecking player not in the squad the fans obsess about?

It's not as if the results are bad right now and Andy Reid didn't convince as a match winner for us in the past. ( I'm not convinced by the argument of his running the game against a German team who didn't break a sweat ).

Trapp was quoted this week as saying the results are a testament to what self-confidence and structure can do.

He wants a player who is willing to play his system. Reid had his chance in the squad an blew it.

Playing well on it's own won't be enough for him to get back into the squad.

Reid may need to try and speak to Trapp directly and convince him he will do whatever Trapp needs him to
    I've been thinking about this. It is a possible course of action, though Reid has made it perfectly clear that he wants to play (via the media). His fitness, football and professionalism at club level have been first rate since the start of the current season, so perhaps as you suggest, ultimately it is down to a one to one conversation with Trap, perhaps a humble apology and reconfirmation of the desire to do a job for Trap and Ireland. I am not sure whether Reid has spoken to Trap since his omission from the squads, probably not, but it might just pave the way in a completely non football manner - on a personal level.

I don't think Reid would have anything to lose. If it was still a big No, then we'd simply have to accept Trap doesn't rate Reid that highly or he is holding a grudge.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think a lot of people presume the best way to get a team to qualify is to pick the best 24 players in the squad and then pick the best 11 from that 24. Trap does not think like that and probably most managers do not think like that but I do think a lot of fans do. Andy Reid is not in the squad because he does not fit into the starting 11 in the system that Trap plays and his attitude around the camp when he was not in the starting 11 was not to Traps standards. Traps sees him as I think its called a travista basically the role that Robbie Keane kinda plays for us or that Riquelme played. This is not the system that Traps feels is the best for us with the players we have and having watched Andy Reid in the squad he does not believe he is a squad player who will be happy in the camp just being in the squad. Simple as that really.
    In Trap we trust

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Keane is an out and out striker, I don't get people who say he plays in the hole behind the front line or whatnot. He plays in an around the box almost all the time, when he isn't it's usually when he's not getting service and he's dropping deeper to get the ball. None of this playmaker nonsense or comparing him to Riquelme!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Murf, it's pretty clear to me that Keane plays his best when given a free role behind the main striker.

This is still a very advanced role that allows him to be in the box when necessary, but it also gives him the freedom to drop into midfield.

If you don't believe Robbie drops deep at times, quite frankly I've got to question whether you ever watch the man play.