Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid(b 1982)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Tottenham and Southampton have had £4m bids for Andy Reid knocked back by Nottingham Forest who are said to want a further £500,000 for the 22-year-old winger. (The Sun)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4166871.stm

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loscherland
    Tottenham and Southampton have had £4m bids for Andy Reid knocked back by Nottingham Forest who are said to want a further £500,000 for the 22-year-old winger. (The Sun)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4166871.stm

Its a done deal according to the Mirror (for £4.5m)
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sportt...name_page.html

It will be good to get chance to see more of him on TV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I'm a Spurs supporter and regularly read diifferent spurs message boards and I'd be slightly concerned about Andy’s pending transfer to Spurs. A lot of dissatisfaction among supporters about the price Spurs are being asked to pay for her, while at the same time Routeledge of Palace is going for a quarter of Reids price, and can play in Spurs problem position, right wing.. Andy's also been tagged as Fat. Hopefully if he does go the majority of fans will get behind him, as they do Robbie Keane.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well I'm a Saints fan and Reid is exactly what we need. I just hope Folly is telling him about how beautiful a place Southampton is to live.
    My other posts are intelligent and witty. This one is an exception.

www.kerins.org

Playstation Network: DanK_SFC

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I think £4.5 million is pretty cheap in reality, he can only
    improve in the premiership (I hope).
    I would not be surprised if he doubles in value in a years time.

It will be good that he is playing alongside Robbie, but I think
    they already link up well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Reid is a better player than Routledge at the moment, with more experience. He also scores more goals and has 12 international caps (playing against the likes of Brazil). Routledge seems to have bags of talent but does it really matter that a few trashy newspapers and fans have labelled Reid fat as long as he can ghost past players with the regularity and skill he does at Forest. He will be a hit wherever he goes and I think that is why theres quite a reasonable amount of money placed on his head. Saying that, its less that spurs were gonna pay last summer when they offered just over 5m and Rohan Ricketts

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    I honestly think if Reid was English he'd be long out of Div1 and for a much higher price.

If Spurs fans are looking at Routledge over Reid then it's only because they can't see outside the Premiership, like every other PL fan and the English national coach.

Luckily Brian Kerr doesn't think this way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy
    Reid is on his way to Spurs. I still think he needs to trim down a slight bit. he looks a great prospect and I wish him every success at the Lane.
    Megson is now his 3rd coach in 18 month's, I'm sure if there was anything there to get rid of it would be long gone. There's no way he's overweight, just a bit Richard Dunne like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'd almost want Reid to go to Soton just to spite the Spurs fans. I've been reading the 606 message boards and the majority of Spurs fans don't want Reid while I haven't seen anyone say a bad word about Reid on the Soton board. A couple of cuts from the Southampton board:

es, Yes, Yes.

When I read that this morning on ceefax I almost.....
    So did I - there's no way he'll join us IMHO. Will want to go to a big club and earn lots of dosh.
    and a few from the Spurs board:

WE HAVE TO GET REID
    No we don't!
    We should only get him if they accept £3mill max, he isn't worth a penny more!
    What would put me off though is that he will most likely never get European football with Soton while Spurs are on the up. I'd love someone else (Villa) to come in for him TBH.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    What would put me off though is that he will most likely never get European football with Soton while Spurs are on the up. I'd love someone else (Villa) to come in for him TBH.
    To be honest i wouldn't be to disapproving of the Spurs messages. Your average Spurs fan would probably have a lot poorer knowledge of Reid's quality than the average poster on this board who is constantly checking on his form.

Spurs would be a great move. Good chance of making it into the side, good manager, on the up and up etc.

That said would also like to see him go to a team like Charlton or Villa for similar reasons. Would be a good signing for the Saints but there is the distinct risk of them going down this season.

Also agree with Stuttgart on the if Reid was English comment. Amazing the money blown on players because they are an England/potential England player.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I've heard from someone who should know whats going on that Reid will be unveiled by Everton tomorrow for £4.5m.

I'm not going to guarantee this is the truth, because I can't see Everton buying another left sided player... unless they want Reid to play Tommy Grav's central midfield role?

Ade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    elevenaside seem to think Kilbane will play Graveson's role so maybe you could be right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Have a look at this, I'd love to see him move to a decent Spanish team:

http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer...886524131.html
    16/01/2005: Nottingham Forest manager Gary Megson has revealed that four clubs - including one from Spain - have expressed an interest in signing midfielder Andy Reid.

The Republic of Ireland international has constantly been linked with a move away from the City Ground after stating his desire to leave the struggling Championship outfit.

The 22-year-old could leave before the end of the January transfer window, with Premiership side Tottenham believed to be among the clubs interested in him.

According to Forest's website, new boss Megson has revealed that three top-flight sides in England, as well as a Spanish club, are keen on the want away wideman.

But the Forest boss insists Reid will not be sold on the cheap. "Andy is a big asset for this club and he will not be leaving unless it suits Nottingham Forest," Megson told www.nottinghamforest.co.uk.

"We would like to hang on to him but I believe he has made his feelings known that he would like to leave."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Reid off to Spain?

Nottingham Forest manager Gary Megson has revealed that four clubs - including one from Spain - have expressed an interest in signing midfielder Andy Reid.

The Republic of Ireland international has constantly been linked with a move away from the City Ground after stating his desire to leave the struggling Championship outfit.

The 22-year-old could leave before the end of the January transfer window, with Premiership side Tottenham believed to be among the clubs interested in him.

According to Forest's website, new boss Megson has revealed that three top-flight sides in England, as well as a Spanish club, are keen on the wantaway wideman.

But the Forest boss insists Reid will not be sold on the cheap.'Andy is a big asset for this club and he will not be leaving unless it suits Nottingham Forest,' Megson told www.nottinghamforest.co.uk.'We would like to hang on to him but I believe he has made his feelings known that he would like to leave.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p227.htm
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe he's the latest Gollactico?

I'd love to see him goto a decent Spanish team, having players in different countries would help our team so we're not limited to one style of team plus it's a better league than the premiership, nothing like being tested against the best week in week out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Spanish club is probably Valencia, given Ranieiri's knowlege of the English market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Its more likely to be Levante given Harye's extensive knowledge of Division 1!
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think its real madrid lads i believe luxembourgo wants to unite him with roberto carlos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't know if Valencia are in need of a left winger but Ranieri said recently that having Robben in the Chelsea team is like having two Duff's. He seems to like his tricky wingers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I'm too lazy to read through the entire thread.
    Heard on TalkSport this morning that Everton are to make a bid for Reid. I think that could be a great move for him.
    Kilbane in the centre and Reid on the left would help the international careers of both players.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast