Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid(b 1982)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    I think he should be called back but I don't see trap using him in the centre, he probably sees him as even more competition for Duff, McGeady, Hunt and Lawrence in the wide roles.

Which is fair enough, it'd be bad management to change your entire system to accommodate a player who just happens to be in form. I'd personally build my team around Andy Reid but I understand where Trap is going from with his system and I'll respect that, it's got us results after all.

I'd like to think though that if somebody like Duff did pick up a serious injury he wouldn't be too proud to call up Reid.
    Think it was McGeady and Duff who were ruled out injured of the italian away game in Bari, yet Reid wasnt even called then...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Reid didn't have a regular place for his club team at the time though nor was he playing particularly well.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Reid gave Paul McShane the runaround yesterday. At one stage he nutmegged Hunt and then brought the ball back to beat him again. It sure looked like he was taking the **** out of both McShane and Hunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts
    He had a solid game and scored a goal. Hopefully his form will continue and maybe he can force Trapattoni to take notice.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    At this point in the campaign I would say Reid hasn't a chance of getting back in; Trap will stick with the Andrews/Gibson/Whelan midfield until the end, and likely into the play-offs (in fact, doubly so given the playoffs are do-or-die). I'd say Reid only stands a chance of forcing his way in IF we qualify & during the warm-up games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    If the Trap doesn't fancy him as a central midfield player couldn't he start him on the left? Switch Duffer to the right. I'd have a fit and in form Andy Reid over McGeady and Hunt if I'm being honest.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    I would too but I understand where trap is coming from if he doesn't go with that.

Andy Reid hasn't been fit or in form at any point during Trap's reign until right this moment. McGeady and Hunt have been both to some extent and both have done reasonably well when given the chance.

You don't just kick them out of the team because some guy below them in the pecking order is performing marginally better than them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I would love to send a copy of yesterdays match over to Trap's 'FAI paid for' villa in Italy (come to think of it, maybe I should send a DVD player aswell). I'm sure he won't have seen any of the football yesterday as he obviously has made up his mind about what squad he wants and no matter how many times Reid plays a blinder it won't matter!!
    “I’d always play Pirlo but Trapatoni says his first concern is to avoid losing goals. The truth is that we didn’t know what we were doing out there" Gennaro Gattuso, June 2004.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFCSixty/Eighty View Post
    I would love to send a copy of yesterdays match over to Trap's 'FAI paid for' villa in Italy (come to think of it, maybe I should send a DVD player aswell). I'm sure he won't have seen any of the football yesterday as he obviously has made up his mind about what squad he wants and no matter how many times Reid plays a blinder it won't matter!!
    2 games left in a knife-edge campaign, and you think Trap should change the starting 11? It's not perfect - I want A. Reid on the team as much as anyone - but messing with the team at this late stage would be a foolish move.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amaccann View Post
    2 games left in a knife-edge campaign, and you think Trap should change the starting 11? It's not perfect - I want A. Reid on the team as much as anyone - but messing with the team at this late stage would be a foolish move.
    Yes, who needs a goal scoring creative midfielder who can hold the ball up, lay incisive passes, take quality frees and corners, coming in to the side and unsettling things?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Said it before on this thread. Reid does not fit into Traps system of 2 fast wingers advanced up the pitch and two sitting central midfielders who can tackle and are physical in the midfield. He has tried having Reid in the squad as a non starter and obviously was not happy with his attitdue and demeanour around the camp and as a result he dropped him from the squad also. So no matter how much Reid plays well etc he will not fit into Traps game plan.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Now that Reid (over the last 2 games!) is showing some form there is a possibility if he keeps playing well he will be in the next squad.

To be honest up until that point he wasn't really featuring for Sunderland and he was overweight. He seems to have finally got his act together on the fitness side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amaccann View Post

He may not want to change his starting 11 but it would be nice to have the option to spring Andy from the bench. I bet the game against Italy will at some stage be crying out for a bit of creativity. Its such a shame we have a manager that obviously is as stubborn as a mule (no offence to mules out there) to see the bigger picture.
    Last edited by LFCSixty/Eighty; 14/09/2009 at 12:12 PM.
    “I’d always play Pirlo but Trapatoni says his first concern is to avoid losing goals. The truth is that we didn’t know what we were doing out there" Gennaro Gattuso, June 2004.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    I wonder what Brady's view is and has it changed over the last few months.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I wonder what Brady's view is and has it changed over the last few months.
    Indeed - and will that view be valued and taken on board?
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Agreed - and if indeed it is taken on board, will it be acted upon?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    Maybe Brady isn't positive about his return?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFCSixty/Eighty View Post
    He may not want to change his starting 11 but it would be nice to have the option to spring Andy from the bench. I bet the game against Italy will at some stage be crying out for a bit of creativity. Its such a shame we have a manager that obviously is as stubborn as a mule (no offence to mules out there) to see the bigger picture.
    It's not even the creativity for me. It's his ability to retain posession. That's why it's grating when Trapp overlooks him because at the start of his reign he spoke of patience and retaining posession...Then Picks Hunt!!!
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Obviously, Brady is part of the Management Team and it is only right and appropriate that he has a low media profile at the moment.

That said, with the insights he's gained - I'd like to hear what his thoughts are on the Irish team in general these days.

Purely hypothetical, but would be very interesting, I'd imagine.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    It's not even the creativity for me. It's his ability to retain posession. That's why it's grating when Trapp overlooks him because at the start of his reign he spoke of patience and retaining posession...Then Picks Hunt!!!
    He played Miller in CM against Nigeria and he was both combative and accurate with his use of the ball. His performance surprised me, not least because I thought his type of player wasn't consistent with his strategy.

In the last few games it's been obvious to me that the CMers receiving the ball do so almost in a state of panic and their distribution has generally been crap.

All Trap's system requires is discipline without the ball. It can't be that hard to learn. With the ball Reid is probably better than any of the others.

Despite what he said Trap can't have been happy with what he saw from CM in Thomond.

Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast