Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Life is Strange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

Life is Strange

Anyone else playing this?
    Produced by a small French crowd, Dontnod, published by Square Enix.

It's a point and click, graphic adventure game, with branch choices similar to the Walking Dead and other Telltale games.
    As I said over the other forum, it's the best game I've played all year, and a bargain for the price of it. I paid €14, on sale, as a digital download. There's a physical copy being released in January.

Without spoiling the plot, it's brilliant story-telling, and I actually ended up learning something about myself from it, which is probably the first time I've said that about a game.

Definitely worth a buy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Yeah, I mentioned it in that Episodic games thread I started last month. I got it for my gf initially, but ended up watching her play it all, and ran through it myself for a plat trophy. I highly recommend, and it's good value for money.

What was the thing you said you learned out of interest?

In other news Teltale just released the end of Game of Thrones during the week, so I'll finish that tonight, it's a bit of a grind thou, so much misery, but probably worth a go if you're in to that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 20/11/2015 at 9:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    QUOTE=Acornvilla;1849523]What was the thing you said you learned out of interest?[/QUOTE]

***SPOILER*****

It was the whole Max-Chloe romance thing.
    I chose to save Chloe, but had kissed Warren beforehand. Kissed Chloe as a dare, but paid no attention to it.
    Reading afterwards about what people thought about endings, surprised at the Max-Chloe kiss. Would have pure confused me if I'd chosen that option. I didn't even consider it a possibility that Max might be into Chloe (had half an inclining that Chloe was into Max).

I didn't cop on to all signs of Chloe flirting with Max, spurning a kiss in the swimming pool, not noticing some key dialogue.
    My missus says I'm not great at reading emotions, and that I'll ignore tone and body language. Kind of knew it was true, but the fact it transferred to games made it feel more real.

Very insightful stuff.

On episodic gaming though, I've no time for it. I'll not be downloading an episode to wait a few months for the next one. Same as with Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Life is Strange, etc. I'll wait until they're all available before starting to play.