Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 away thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post
    Does anyone know if the portal works on a first come, first served basis? Or does everyone who applies during the coming month get their names drawn out of a large hat after the deadline? My credit card is being renewed at the moment (bad timing).

I live close to northern France so will probably just drive to the Paris and Lille matches.
    I read this morning that the FAI will shortly issue a statement outlining how irish tickets will be allocated with the expectation that loyal fans will be looked after first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    There's a simple lottery for tickets. You apply through ticket portal on UEFA website and there's a random draw to see who gets the tickets.

At least that was my understanding from reading the UEFA website.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    I read this morning that the FAI will shortly issue a statement outlining how irish tickets will be allocated with the expectation that loyal fans will be looked after first.
    Yeah, I was filling in the form on the UEFA website and there is a place where you can fill in your FAI Account Number. Seeing as I bought tickets to less popular away qualification matches, I'd hope they look after me now...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    There's a simple lottery for tickets. You apply through ticket portal on UEFA website and there's a random draw to see who gets the tickets.

At least that was my understanding from reading the UEFA website.
    No hurry to apply today in that case. I can wait until my new credit card arrives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    I had the same problem with the credit card.
    They didn't ask for FAI account no. in 2012 so it must count towards something this time for people with good away records as opposed to the fair weather fans but then again it's the FAI.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    So the ticket portal is now closed - though you can still apply for individual match tickets until 1st Feb.

What happens now? I think if you're successful in the lottery for tickets, your card is debited and the tickets are yours. Anyone know when that happens? Any idea - even based on 2012 - what % of applicants can expect to be successful?

If you end up with too many tickets (i.e. people in a group all applying), can they be sold on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    So the ticket portal is now closed - though you can still apply for individual match tickets until 1st Feb.
    What does this mean exactly? Have people been ordering in bulk or something? I selected individual matches anyway, although I'm only going to the first two.

What happens now? I think if you're successful in the lottery for tickets, your card is debited and the tickets are yours. Anyone know when that happens? Any idea - even based on 2012 - what % of applicants can expect to be successful?
    All three Ireland games had a 'high demand' warning on the portal. When you clicked into the individual matches the high demand warning only appeared on Cat 3 and Cat 4 tickets I think, so maybe there's a decent chance of getting tickets for the other categories.

We should get a notification some time next month presumably, going by their automatic email confirmation.

"If you have not received the result of your application by the end of February, please check your spam/junk folder in your mailbox or alternatively you can log into your ticketing account to view the status of your application at EURO2016.com."

If you end up with too many tickets (i.e. people in a group all applying), can they be sold on?
    I was wondering the same, it would be handy if they have a facility for it but I suppose they should be easy enough to get rid of anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I processed my application no problem with a UK Visa debit card. Did others have issue with that?

There is also a section to input an FAI account number, if you have one, so it can't be an open lottery; what'd be the point in asking for an account number otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    What does this mean exactly? Have people been ordering in bulk or something? I selected individual matches anyway, although I'm only going to the first two.
    It was possible to choose individual matches or a bulk "follow your team through the group/tournament" option.

All three Ireland games had a 'high demand' warning on the portal. When you clicked into the individual matches the high demand warning only appeared on Cat 3 and Cat 4 tickets I think, so maybe there's a decent chance of getting tickets for the other categories.
    I selected the maximum number of category 4 tickets and other lads I'm planning on heading with applied for category 3 tickets but we were given a tick-box option of accepting tickets from other categories with available tickets if there were none available in our preferred category. I suppose it's UEFA's way of ensuring you're consenting in advance to a possible higher charge for higher-category tickets. I wonder does it mean they'll only allocate the four if there are four available together or allocate you four together in another section or would they give you one or two if available in one section and possibly spread the group out?

We'll sell on any tickets we're allocated that are surplus to requirements.

I was wondering the same, it would be handy if they have a facility for it but I suppose they should be easy enough to get rid of anyway.
    There'll be a re-sale platform for selling on unwanted on unneeded tickets: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...9_DOWNLOAD.pdf

It'll be open between March and April.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    It was possible to choose individual matches or a bulk "follow your team through the group/tournament" option.
    Oh yeah, I actually spotted that. But isn't the portal closed for both?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Oh yeah, I actually spotted that. But isn't the portal closed for both?
    Ah, seems it is actually. I had gotten it into my head (not sure how; must have misread something earlier) that the portal was remaining open for single match applications as opposed to bulk ones as well, but it's actually the case that the entire supporters' portal has now closed and the portal that is open at the minute until the 1st of February is for the general public.

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Lads, the Portal that closed yesterday at 11am was for those selecting their national association (Rep of Ireland) as their team and then applying for individual Ireland matches or Follow My Team tickets. You had to be an Irish citizen to be able to do this.

The list of applicants for these tickets will be passed by UEFA to the FAI who will prioriitise who gets the tickets (then UEFA will process that, the payments etc..). Hence why you could enter your FAI Account number, so the FAI have a way of sorting some kind of priority based on Season Ticket history / Away games attended etc.. How arbitrary or fair or accurate that 'prioiritisation' is I'm not sure as no one is really aware of the criteria that is going to be used. There was some communication on the Fans Direct initiative over 12 months ago but to be honest, its all very unclear and I'm not sure if it will be used.

Announcements to be made by end of Feb. If successful cc debited at that point.

The portal that remains open until 1st Feb - is basically non country specific - for neutrals you could say. So its possible to apply 'as a neutral' for tickets for the Ireland games or any other games for that matter. It will be a complete lottery as to whether you are successful or not.

You cannot apply on this portal if you have already applied for tickets on the country specific one (now closed).
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I processed my application no problem with a UK Visa debit card. Did others have issue with that?
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is lots of coverage from UEFA and the various FA's (Welsh/English and Irish) that payment can only be made by Credit Card and Debit Cards will not be accepted. Many people had initially used their debit card and the application went through ok however on reading the specific instruction went back and edited the application to change to a credit card. If you check out the FAQ's on uefa.com you will see it there in black and white.

I selected the maximum number of category 4 tickets and other lads I'm planning on heading with applied for category 3 tickets but we were given a tick-box option of accepting tickets from other categories with available tickets if there were none available in our preferred category. I suppose it's UEFA's way of ensuring you're consenting in advance to a possible higher charge for higher-category tickets. I wonder does it mean they'll only allocate the four if there are four available together or allocate you four together in another section or would they give you one or two if available in one section and possibly spread the group out?
    Its all or nothing. You will either get the 4 you applied for or 0. Again according to UEFA's T&C's. When ticking the box to accept a different priced ticket, It also says they will only ever move you up or down by one category. I don't know for certain but I would wager that they will not split an allocation of tickets between more than one category.

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Interesting, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    When ticking the box to accept a different priced ticket, It also says they will only ever move you up or down by one category.
    This could be a bit annoying. There should really be two options - 1) Accept tickets in NEXT category and 2) Accept tickets in ANY category. I have applied for Cat 3's but would be willing to pay for Cat 1's, but won't be eligible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Got an email there-

Quote Originally Posted by UEFA Euro 2016 Ticketing
    EURO 2016 ticket update

Dear Football Fan,

Thank you for applying for tickets to UEFA EURO 2016™! The 24 fan ticket portals have now closed, having attracted 3.5 million ticket requests from 189 different territories, which shows just how excited you all are for this tournament.

The ticket allocation process will be taking place over the next few weeks.Please be assured that you do not need to take any further action at the moment.
    You will be informed of the results of your application before the end of February at the latest.

A few days before payment is taken for the tickets, we will send another email as a reminder for you to have sufficient funds on your credit card. We kindly request that you keep an eye on your inbox for this email. Please note that you will receive this email regardless of whether your application is successful or not.

Best regards,
    UEFA EURO 2016™ Ticketing Team

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    This could be a bit annoying. There should really be two options - 1) Accept tickets in NEXT category and 2) Accept tickets in ANY category. I have applied for Cat 3's but would be willing to pay for Cat 1's, but won't be eligible.
    Yes, I made a bit of a error too. I just applied for Cat4's but ticked the box. However, that means I can only be considered for Cat3's as well as there is no lower than cat4!!!

Should have really applied for Cat3's.

Nevermind.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is lots of coverage from UEFA and the various FA's (Welsh/English and Irish) that payment can only be made by Credit Card and Debit Cards will not be accepted. Many people had initially used their debit card and the application went through ok however on reading the specific instruction went back and edited the application to change to a credit card. If you check out the FAQ's on uefa.com you will see it there in black and white.
    Well that's me screwed. I should really read the small print.
    Usually in these situations the application wouldn't process if not the correct type of card? I'll know better next time.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Heard on the news that 290k tickets had been applied for but that must be an exaggeration, surely?
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Maybe a very slight exaggeration

23. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    We get 6,000 tickets for Belgium and 7,000 for Italy?

WTF?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast