Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Iceland= In search of Geysir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts

Iceland= In search of Geysir.

I'm going to Iceland on Tuesday. Any tips lads... Geysir?
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Blue Lagoon is a bit pricey, but well worth it for an afternoon.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    The best thing you could do is invite me for breakfast to your hotel.

Hot tip ..... stay away from the Blue Lagoon.
    You could have a swim in every pool in Reykjavik area for the price of one visit to the contrived themed Blue Lagoon.
    Have a swim every day in a different pool, they are almost chlorine free.
    There's the hosepipe massage in the mild 38 degree hotpot in Vesterbæralaug, in Seltjarnes there's a chlorine free pool with beautiful soft water and the 50m pool in Laugardal right beside the football stadium is also a must. Do as the natives do.
    After breakfast, first and foremost is a visit to Hallgrims church and climb or pay for the lift to the top, on a frosty clear morning the light and view is unique.
    It 's also a place for photography ...... again with the morning light
    If you can manage to hear that huge organ being played then you will have experienced enough and can go home. Perlan is a city institution and a stroll through the forest/bush down to the "beach".
    The Reykjavik City Walk is good fun, free and gives you a good feel for the place.

What was here before Iceland became a cool place and still linger --- for coffee --> Mokka, Te og Kaffi and Tiu Droppar, all three are on the main Laugavegur or just off.
    For eating there were about 5 places in the mid 1980's one of which is the institution called Hornið, enjoy the fish soup and either a fish or a lamb dish .....or both. The walls are cluttered with paintings from local artists who settled their tab with an offering.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    The best thing you could do is invite me for breakfast to your hotel.

Hot tip ..... stay away from the Blue Lagoon.
    You could have a swim in every pool in Reykjavik area for the price of one visit to the contrived themed Blue Lagoon.
    Have a swim every day in a different pool, they are almost chlorine free.
    There's the hosepipe massage in the mild 38 degree hotpot in Vesterbæralaug, in Seltjarnes there's a chlorine free pool with beautiful soft water and the 50m pool in Laugardal right beside the football stadium is also a must. Do as the natives do.
    After breakfast, first and foremost is a visit to Hallgrims church and climb or pay for the lift to the top, on a frosty clear morning the light and view is unique.
    It 's also a place for photography ...... again with the morning light
    If you can manage to hear that huge organ being played then you will have experienced enough and can go home. Perlan is a city institution and a stroll through the forest/bush down to the "beach".
    The Reykjavik City Walk is good fun, free and gives you a good feel for the place.

What was here before Iceland became a cool place and still linger --- for coffee --> Mokka, Te og Kaffi and Tiu Droppar, all three are on the main Laugavegur or just off.
    For eating there were about 5 places in the mid 1980's one of which is the institution called Hornið, enjoy the fish soup and either a fish or a lamb dish .....or both. The walls are cluttered with paintings from local artists who settled their tab with an offering.
    The plans for the blue lagoon have been made already without any of my input. I don't even swim so this is gonna be a bust no doubt.

Cheers for the tips otherwise.

Can you point me in the direction of a decent bar though. Off the beaten track, something like the locals of Scotstown would approve of.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?