Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ins/Outs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Is it just me or does there seem to be a load of rows with Cousins?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    It's just you.

All the other talk is just hearsay

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    To be fair the ones he's fallen out with in the past haven't gone on to do much with their careers. I agree the 3 players released are replaceable but obvuisly town fans will be anxious until their replacements are revealed. This will be cousins biggest ever test, can he dismantle a successful squad and put together another one. Time will tell and Hel be judged by that.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    His signings have been hit and miss his 2 best signings in the last couple of season imo were Gorman and O Connor I would love to see those two as the main midfielders next season

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    I would agree that there may be an overreaction but dont forget the club have treated one of the section o lads rather disgracefully over flares and a lot of people are very annoyed with the club and now this news of players being released on top of what happened previously compounds the issue. I understand why people would go mad on twitter over it. I am that annoyed with the club over this issue that I will be boycotting the dinner dance this year. Its not cos of players bein let go.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Think the over reaction to that situation re:flares has gone both ways Marty, what ever about the club giving the wrong fine, they issued an apology and got that sorted as soon as it was brought to their attention that it was the wrong person, but now its taken on a life of its own, its becoming ridiculous. The club are right go issue fines if they can successfully pick out the people in question, they have been warning about fines for flares for years and years and have in the past acted with a heavy hand towards some people regards flares etc, these people know who they are and have reacted in a positive way to all this in the past by getting involved with the committee(the people they were banging heads with) so they had a voice and could get their point across in a progressive way. Now where we are now is where a bunch of kids are acting the ****, get called out on it and are basically throwing their toys out of the pram. If they want to let of flares well then stand up and deal with the consequences, pay your fines and dont have people who have the clubs interest at heart they same as themselves, putting their hands in their own pockets to pay other peoples fines. Since these people have been becoming more and more vocal, less and less people have been gravitating towards section o and its a shame to see it!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I don't see how the two things should relate to each other at all to be honest. But I'm not getting into the other issue at all as I don't know the full details.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howsyourtouch View Post
    Think the over reaction to that situation re:flares has gone both ways Marty, what ever about the club giving the wrong fine, they issued an apology and got that sorted as soon as it was brought to their attention that it was the wrong person, but now its taken on a life of its own, its becoming ridiculous. The club are right go issue fines if they can successfully pick out the people in question, they have been warning about fines for flares for years and years and have in the past acted with a heavy hand towards some people regards flares etc, these people know who they are and have reacted in a positive way to all this in the past by getting involved with the committee(the people they were banging heads with) so they had a voice and could get their point across in a progressive way. Now where we are now is where a bunch of kids are acting the ****, get called out on it and are basically throwing their toys out of the pram. If they want to let of flares well then stand up and deal with the consequences, pay your fines and dont have people who have the clubs interest at heart they same as themselves, putting their hands in their own pockets to pay other peoples fines. Since these people have been becoming more and more vocal, less and less people have been gravitating towards section o and its a shame to see it!
    problem is that the culprits who will remain nameless have not gone to too many games this season. I havent got to all games this season but any game that I was at they were never there and came out of the woodwork for the cup semi final. Its the likes of them that stain section o's good name and would explain why we couldnt maintain the high numbers we used to have. Two others that do go to matches admitted their involvement and I would be confident they wont do it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Ah its all a load of ****e at the end of the day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Personally i enjoyed Section O so much more before it got involved in 'politics' (probably the wrong word, off field matters might be more accurate) and we simply focused on creating an atmsophere. Last year was fantastic but this year bar a few games here and there it was like a morgue out at CCS and that's a shame given it was our first season back in the big time. That's not to say of course the lads involved with the supporters club aren't doing Trojan work.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Interesting piece in the sun today lads. Cousins saying he hasn't had it confirmed to him by Pat sully that he's retiring so will be speaking to him over next few days. Also he said the player he met with the other day wanted FT football so we are out of the race. He said the pool of players in Ireland is limited so I'd expect us to look to England for more kids like Gannon.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Conor Powell and Kev O'Connor are signing back for next year. Good news especially regarding Kev and Powell ended the season well too.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Happy with that, especially that Conor remembered how to football. May prove useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Conor Powell and Kev O'Connor are signing back for next year. Good news especially regarding Kev and Powell ended the season well too.
    obviously I am happy that the lads have resigned but I am disgusted with a certain person that puts the updates on our website(and its not Sorbo) who never posted a club statement saying the three lads were gone and thanking them for their long service. Its as if they have forgotten about the lads ever playing. A bit of manners from the club wouldnt go amiss!

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Good re-signings and interesting to see in the sun interview today that TC wants to lower the age profile of the squad. Should be plenty more news to come over the next few days

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Happy with the news of the re-signings. KOC was a no brainer and I have to say after a very poor start Powell eventually started to show his potential.

19. Thanks From:

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    For me, Kevin O'Connor has been our best midfielder since he joined - more important than Salmo and Rice have been. Delighted he's staying.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    For me, Kevin O'Connor has been our best midfielder since he joined - more important than Salmo and Rice have been. Delighted he's staying.
    I be inclined to agree with you Macy. He is a fantastic player and a great addition to the team. Hopefully we can keep the quality we have, and put more around him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Remember when he used to be on the wing. Madness. It's rare in the LOI you get to see a player you genuinely enjoy watching, Kev is one of those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Ricer wishing Pat Sully the best of luck in retirement. Everyone knows bar Tony 😂

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast