Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ins/Outs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    That's ****e, would have held on to him, if he was happy with a squad role, but perhaps that wouldn't be the case.

Pace Tony, sign some fast, mobile players, please! You'd imagine we must already have some replacements lined up if we're announcing big names on the way out so soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Hunt gone too.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Good man TC keep it up

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Hunt is the most surprising one so far. Presuming he was let go and didn't make the decision himself. Might have been a falling out with TC.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Christ... A good few players with the chop. Very disappointed with Hunt and Salmon gone. Time will tell what Tony does, but he may do it quick.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Hunt may not have been the most popular at times but his treatment towards the end under cousins was awful. Not surprised at all he's left/been let go I don't know which one it is. If Skinner starts as number 1 next season il cry.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Last 2 seasons we've all been crying about not having an experienced keeper, a pacey centre half, some decent wingers and a solid striker. Be a laugh if we start 2016 with all these problems still not solved

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Add Kevin O'Connor to that growing list of departures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Add Kevin O'Connor to that growing list of departures.
    Are you ****ing joking?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Awful treatment of Hunt? He plays poorly at home to Pats and gets dropped. That's hardly awful treatment. Also, isn't Hunt engaged to a Cork girl? Maybe, he's moving on to be based down there.

As for Salmon, maybe he can't commit due to family commitments. He said in the paper recently that his partner is expecting twins.

Rice is the only one of the three claiming to be "disappointed". TC is right to let him go. TC never appeared to give Rice direct instructions during games as Rice probably felt he was above what TC say. Rice helped get us promoted and secure Premier status and we're all grateful, but in my opinion both Rice and Sullivan never paid any heed to the manager and that's not good for any team (regardless of what ye think of TC).

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I am .....hopefully. Just wanted to see the reaction I hope it now doesn't come back to bite and that he will be released!! With Hunt been released surely that must point towards a deal been done for Schlingermann?? Skinner cannot be No. 1 after that howler against Sligo.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The ambition is to challenge for Europe next year I'm told so can only assume TC is hopeful of bringing a good few in. Kevin O'Connor should be one of the ones we do everything we can to keep though. Maybe he's had a better offer though. It's far too early at the moment to be crying about the squad but some early signings would be reassuring.

Edit just saw TL was joking (hopefully)

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    If we sign decent players, such as schlingermann, or however it's spelled, we won't miss the 4 lads all that much. Hunty isn't a top half quality PD keeper, and Skinner obviously isn't, so we need someone there. I like Salmon, I'm sure everyone does, and I'd personally have kept him. Rice and Sullivan won't be big losses, negative ego's never help. As long as what Longfordian says is true and the ambitions are to sign more quality.

I'm not really panicked by what's happening, more so sad to see Salmon and Hunty go after their combined over a decades worth of service. There's still place for a bit of sentiment in football..

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    People need to calm the **** down. LOI players come and go. There's nothing new here. Realistically, the 3 lads we know have gone today are very replaceable. Salmo's not good enough, Rice's legs are going/gone and Hunt blows hot and cold. Personally I would have liked to have seen Salmo stay as a squad player as he's given so much over the years but if he wasn't going to be happy with that role then best of luck to the fella. Fans must also remember that we're dealing with lads that have lives to live outside of Longford Town. Maybe Salmo/Hunt were offered deals and wanted to stay but their circumstances wouldn't allow. Some of the comments online today about the club/TC etc. have been ridiculously stupid. There's 4 months until the season starts. March will come, we'll have a squad of lads together and we'll go again.

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I caused a few gasps in the previous page by suggesting releasing Salmon.....looks like TC and myself are on the same wavelength! Now to release Gary Shaw as he only seems to play when his contract is up for renewal. I could be wrong but I think back in Mathews time Dessie Baker was like that!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    I caused a few gasps in the previous page by suggesting releasing Salmon.....looks like TC and myself are on the same wavelength! Now to release Gary Shaw as he only seems to play when his contract is up for renewal. I could be wrong but I think back in Mathews time Dessie Baker was like that!!
    Ah no, Gary works his socks off, but the formation and system we played for the vast majority of the season doesn't suit him. Need to get the ball out wide and hit his head, not hoof to him standing on the HW line all game. He's not PD standard with the ball at his feet, and missed far too many chances in that regard, but I think he'll improve more yet and can be an asset.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    I always go on this website before I go onto the other websites. How did the news break about Salmo, Hunty and Ricer? gutted for salmo in particular as he was one of my favourite players and was superb with the supporters. I am not too surprised about the other two tbh.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    On their own Twitter accounts

23. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    On Twitter Marty. Now Acorn, if you say Shaw works his socks off I wouldn't like to see him not working his socks off!

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    On Twitter Marty. Now Acorn, if you say Shaw works his socks off I wouldn't like to see him not working his socks off!
    Being up top in a 4-5-1 or a pseudo 4-3-3, when your team doesn't retain possession well, means he spends most of the game chasing lost causes and heading the ball about the place. It's tough work for anyone at any level, he's a pretty big man, and not really suited to the physical demands of that sort of play style. That sort of role would probably suit Davy better tbh, because at least he could effectively chase the balls over the top and not fall over once he reached the box like Shaw, but that's a discussion for another day. If we had good wingers and were able to build play up more and whip crosses in, Shaw could be deadly. Taking Limerick for example, their form turned around once they just started getting the ball up the wings and hitting a target man in the box time and time again.

I've admittedly not seen us as much as I'd like this year, but any time I have, Shaw's started, been very isolated and absolutely knackered by the 60 min mark.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast