Thread: New Centre Half?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New Centre Half?

From www.shelbournefc.ie
    Shelbourne manager Pat Fenlon has placed centre-half Kevin Doherty on the transfer list.

Fenlon told ShelsWeb, "Kevin has been very unfortunate with injuries and he probably needs a change of clubs. We'd be sorry to lose him but it may be in his own best interest to regular football with another side."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy would be a great addition to the City squad IMO, and is probably better than what we have in that position.

I would love to see Dolan swoop for him.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Dolan should go for him. I think City need atleast 3 new signings if they want to win the league. The squad we have at the moment is good, but not good enogh to win the League IMO. The defence can be very sloppy at times.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You are all more than welcome to make an offer for Davy Byrne. a good midfield player with a style that reminds me of Peter Hutton. Good strong lad with superb passing skills.
    I came, I saw, I .................. eventually got bored!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! How good can you tell they will be?

There is only so much you can tell from a player's performance from watching him play in another team, IMO. No matter how good Kevin Doherty has been in a Shelbourne shirt, it does not automatically mean that he will fit in with the City set up. So much depends on how well a player communicates with others in a squad, and how much he can bring the best out of those playing around him.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

piratemousey
    now now we wont be wanting any Peter MUTTON-alikes down here, now.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    doherty has always impressed me, and would be worth a look I'd say. Davy Byrne is great for the 4 or 5 games he play a season, but no thanks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    From www.shelbournefc.ie
    Shelbourne manager Pat Fenlon has placed centre-half Kevin Doherty on the transfer list.

Fenlon told ShelsWeb, "Kevin has been very unfortunate with injuries and he probably needs a change of clubs. We'd be sorry to lose him but it may be in his own best interest to regular football with another side."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy would be a great addition to the City squad IMO, and is probably better than what we have in that position.

I would love to see Dolan swoop for him.

Would not get near the team..again i see that once anyone is released from a decent club in Ireland that City fans think we should sign him..Flynny burned this guy many times at the X so if you lads took note of Dohertys performances you would know he is average..i wonder are Shels releasing anyone else?..lets take all the players that cant get into there SQUAD altogether..and Gary fair dues..you have just stated a 5th choice centre half with Shels is better than what we have at City...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Flynny burned him zero times this season REDX. Doherty isnt being released because of lack of ability, but due to injury proneness.

Last player City signed who was injury prone was one John O Flynn. Not all that bad a signing was he?

Also, look at Jamie Harris. Not much to write home about at SPA, now one of the eLs best centre halves. Different clubs can do different things to a guys confidence!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Doherty, fully fit and on form, would talk into the City first team. He's a superb player but very injury prone. If it wasn't for his injuries he'd be first choice for us, no bother. So if you sign him you're taking a risk, you could get possibley the best centre half in the league or you could get a player who you'll barley see all season and when you do see him he wont be fully match fit. I would say if we're releasing him obviously the medical staff at Shels think he's nowhere nearer getting over his injury problems, which is a shame really, were it not for those he'd argubley still be at Liverpool, Houllier was a big fan of his.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Doherty, fully fit and on form, would talk into the City first team. He's a superb player but very injury prone.
    Most jackeens would talk their way on to the Man U 1st team, full of guff the lot of em.
    I'd prefer to stay away from signing Dubs to be honest.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    I'd prefer to stay away from signing Dubs to be honest.
    agree in principle, but it depends on the player- look at Jimmy Mull. He's got no hair but we don't care- the guy always gave 100%

Anyway, could be handy to have a rogue agent- we might learn how they think

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Best thing to do with sick note type players is to sign them on pay per play deals. Give them a low stadard wage and then pay them the rest of the wage each time they play.

Think thats what Birmingham and Spurs did with Anderton and Redknapp
    Oh no not them again