Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Really???..incredible result if true..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Down to 9 men after 30 minutes against a class outfit, tough ask regardless, even tougher with 9

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Were the 2 sendings off justified??..even still tho, to concede 11 is shocking. Was it played on astro?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    When it's the centre half and keeper that go that doesn't help either, both probably were justified

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    pike 2-4 Newmarket Aet

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    any score from moyross vs fairview?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly man View Post
    any score from moyross vs fairview?
    Moyross won on penalties. Think it was 1-1 after normal time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Moyross won on penalties. Think it was 1-1 after normal time.

Cheers Alan

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Newmarket are having some season, semis in Munster Junior, last eight in FAI, still have to play Munster Champions Cup final and top in Clare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    They're having some run, to be fair.

Makes me laugh that the Champions Cup final has still to be played. Wasn't it originally slated for December?!

The junior ball equivalent of the Club World Cup. Literally no-one cares.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    Newmarket are having some season, semis in Munster Junior, last eight in FAI, still have to play Munster Champions Cup final and top in Clare.
    A long way behind the leaders Bridge United in Clare. Granted there are games in hand but a lot of games will come quick and fast and that might see us fall short.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    They're having some run, to be fair.

Makes me laugh that the Champions Cup final has still to be played. Wasn't it originally slated for December?!

The junior ball equivalent of the Club World Cup. Literally no-one cares.
    We care, having not played a Munster final since 1985 we are looking forward to it, whenever it is played.
    I'll update this next year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    A long way behind the leaders Bridge United in Clare. Granted there are games in hand but a lot of games will come quick and fast and that might see us fall short.

We care, having not played a Munster final since 1985 we are looking forward to it, whenever it is played.
    Sure ye care and rightly so. Ye are having an excellent season and enjoy every moment. The Champions Cup Final is another day to cherish. Ye have lit up the junior soccer scene this season and I hope ye get yere just rewards, be it the FAI, junior cup, Munster Junior Cup or Munster Champions Cup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Good report there AOB,tough conditions for the teams ,very disappointed with Pike barely created a decent chance all game and Mcgann a huge loss when he went off with injury.these clare lads are no mugs thought both centre halfs very good and centre foward gave both Pike centre halfs the runaround especially second half.most around me thought Pikes positional tactics did nt help their play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Yes, both Stephen Kelly and Pat Purcell had good games in open play at centre back for Newmarket, but you'd have to question them first and foremost in regard to the team's massive weakness at set-pieces.

Eoin Hayes did very well up top for sure, but he was culpable for that last gasp equaliser. No idea why he tried that flick at that juncture. And then to compound the error with the foul. Not that he would have expected his goalkeeper to make that decision subsequently.

This is why I found it hard to award a man of the match!

McGann's injury being a game changer was a common refrain from the Pike support on the day alright. But that conveniently ignores that Pike were 11 against 10 when the goal went in after his substitution. He competed extremely well off the ball as usual and his loss was significant, but to say that his injury lost Pike the game is wide of the mark for me. That Hayes goal never should have happened as it did. All Newmarket did after the red was hump speculative balls over the top to no avail. Pike fell asleep for one and that left them chasing the game. Removing Eddie O'Donovan to do so was what really eventually cost them their semi-final berth, in my opinion.

And again, they wouldn't have had to do that if they didn't concede a soft goal with an extra man on the park!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    St Michaels 2 Regional United B 1
    Fine effort by Regionals second string to get as far as the quarters and give Michaels a good game to boot it seems.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Janesboro V Newmarket

Just reading the account on the Janesboro V Newmarket celtic game and in particular the comments about the Desmond league officials, I thought they had a very good game considering the pressure that the Janesboro players tried to put them under, In particular that guys wearing number 4 and 9 who were in their face every time the whistle was blown.
    I thought that #4 was extremely luck to stay on the pitch after stupid stuff that went on at the half way line because he ran 40 yards to get his tuppence worth in.
    I say fair play & well done to the officials for keeping 22 guys on the pitch when they were acting like spoiled children throughout.

Maybe Limerick teams are not as unbeatable as they or some other so called pundits think they are, they were not able to intimidate the officials in the fai against sheriff and got a lesson they were not expecting. Fair play to Newmarket because they were the better team and full deserved to win the game.

Also well done to the officials who probably got paid less for the game than many of the so called superstars that were playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    My point about the officials strictly centres around the failure to punish early dangerous challenges, which always inevitably leads to trouble later in games.

The issue of the behaviour of certain 'Boro players is a separate one entirely. And it's actually one I agree with it. Certain players on that team are repeat offenders when it comes to getting in referees' faces, as you say yourself.

I also agree that Newmarket deserved to win the game, as I said in the report.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast