Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jose Mourinho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Jose Mourinho

"We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, but we now have a top manager"

"I don't want to sound arrogant, but I think I am a special manager because I won the Champions League"

What do others think of Jose Mourinho??
    I think the man is a legend and an example to us all! A chap who accepted a job as a translator to Bobby Robson at Sporting Lisbon in 1992 and is now at the helm at Chelsea- a huge club in the making. I believe he will guide Chelsea to major glory. His record of sustained success speaks for itself and with the foundations already in place at Chelski there's every reason to believe that he'll win everything possible in the game. He represents the new generation of football coaches and is a firm believer in team spirit.

As he said himself; "Players do not win trophies. Squads win trophies. I love players who love to win. They not only win in 90 mins, but every day, every training sesssion, in every moment of their lives"
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    The guy is the coolest man in football

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't like the man at all,especially as his politics are right wing/neo conservative
    but having said that I think as a football manager without doubt he does a good job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think he an inspiration to all young aspiring coaches (like me!) and proves like Arsene Wenger has, that it is nearly better to have studied football intensively than have merely played it without thinking about why you do things.

His dedication to facts, figures and science sets him and Wenger out as true A Grade students of the game. I think Fergie is a great manager too but these guys are inspirational in the sence of where they have come from.

Just a pity he won't get any credit if he wins something with Chelsea as it will be seen as buying the league ir cup but in fairness to him he hasn't bought a Ronaldinho or a Henry or a Zidane - he's bought team players to play in his system.

I can't stress enough how high a regard I hold him in.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    After former translator wins Champions League...what next....former Championship Manager gamer to win it...

I think Portsmouth have said they got huge ampount of Champ Manager CVs for managers job

Mourinho is canny fecker, he arrogant but difference is he can back it up... Hes mind games with Ferguson last season in CL were world class 7 hes continued in same manner...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    After former translator wins Champions League...what next....former Championship Manager gamer to win it...

I think Portsmouth have said they got huge ampount of Champ Manager CVs for managers job

Yeah but only if they get off their behind and do some coaching courses and learn about how to play and not how to pick a team on the playstation with 60 million to spend!!

If more people educated themselves on football in the field as opposed to in the bar the world would be a better place!!

The positive thing for us coaches is you can call your arguments educated after spending your hard earned cash & time on various coaching courses - even if it's educated ball-ix!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Mourinho is one of the greatest talents English football has ever seen. I love the man's arrogance. Its not before time that Ferguscum and Wenger met their match. Viva les bleus!
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublin12
    I don't like the man at all,especially as his politics are right wing/neo conservative

What are you flutin about??

As for the rest of ye lads, well done. Some very interesting and positive remarks.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What part do you not understand?

I don't like rightwingers and he is one of them,ok.I respect him as a football man but thats about it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublin12
    What part do you not understand?

I don't like rightwingers
    So you're saying you didnt like Bobby Ryan when he was at Dalyier. He was a pretty good right winger. Anthow, I didnt think Mourinho had much of a football career?
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Frank Lampard is a better player than Steven Gerard because he is my player. My players are always better than the other players"

Love him or hate him, the cocky Mourinho is well on his way to bringing the league title back to the Bridge for the first time in 50 years!
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillo
    Love him or hate him, the cocky Mourinho is well on his way to bringing the league title back to the Bridge for the first time in 50 years!
    Wouldn't be that upset - as Arsenal have found it's not the winning that's the mark of quality, it's the retaining it.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Wouldn't be that upset - as Arsenal have found it's not the winning that's the mark of quality, it's the retaining it.
    Some would say it's the consistancy of winning leagues in almost every decade that would define the mark of a quality club or the ability to maintain their status always in top flight football .

I suppose experiencing fruitless league campaigns in the region of 14 years, 26 years and 50-odd years respectively a la our friends in Merseyside, Salford and London is a mark of greatness!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Have to say when I saw him after the Champions League final walk from the pitch and take the medal off his neck while the players celebrated I thought he was an arrogans *****. But having watched him operate and listened to some of his press conferences I think he is definitely a real winner

One hilarious press conference went like this
    Reporter: What about Joe Cole
    Mourinho: First of all, all I hear is Duuuff, Duuuff, Duufff, Duuff, Duuuff, Duuuff, Duufff, Duuff, now I play Duff, and all I hear is Cole, Cole, Cole, Cole. I can only play 11 players.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    I suppose experiencing fruitless league campaigns in the region of 14 years, 26 years and 50-odd years respectively a la our friends in Merseyside, Salford and London is a mark of greatness!!!
    You mean totally different to the 18 years between 71 and 89?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You mean totally different to the 18 years between 71 and 89?
    no difference what so ever, my point was that winning championships in almost every decade point to a great club and not just a great team who retained championships -

as you said

'it's not the winning that's the mark of quality, it's the retaining it'

implying that if Chelsea were to win back to back titles it would somehow elevate their club to greatness even with their abysmal league record or that somehow winning back to back titles can wipe out 14, 18, 26 or 50 odd years of not winning anything!! It certainly didn't for me in 89!!!

But '89 did help to continue the good record of winning in almost every decade which is sign of a great club who continually replace teams over short 10 year periods and win titles!!!
    Last edited by Karlos; 06/01/2005 at 2:31 PM.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    no difference what so ever, my point was that winning championships in almost every decade point to a great club and not just a great team who retained championships -

as you said

'it's not the winning that's the mark of quality, it's the retaining it'

implying that if Chelsea were to win back to back titles it would somehow elevate their club to greatness even with their abysmal league record or that somehow winning back to back titles can wipe out 14, 18, 26 or 50 odd years of not winning anything!! It certainly didn't for me in 89!!!
    Quality team is what I'm getting at - I mean even through the 26 years we were the greatest club. I mean surely an immortal team should manage back to back titles - anything less for the arse this season is just failure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quality team is what I'm getting at - I mean even through the 26 years we were the greatest club. I mean surely an immortal team should manage back to back titles - anything less for the arse this season is just failure.
    yeah your right (although I'd happily let chelski have it for a european cup!).

I don't think anyone will ever remember the Arsenal team that went a whole league season unbeaten, sure it's such an easy thing to do - expect Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool to follow suit shortly!! anything else would just be a failure!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think he's great, can't wait to see him handle Fergies mind games, should be a hoot !!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I hate that term.
    The whole 'mind games' thing was coined by Sky to make dull championships 'interesting'.
    Its just cringy now.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast