Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wexford Youths - 2015 First Division CHAMPIONS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Very good achievement, and I like their set up with players all under a certain age, and only paying expenses. It's a model that some smaller PD clubs might look at?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Congratulations Wexford & well done Danny Furlong.
    Great to have you in the Premier Division.
    Just goes to show what can be done without chucking money at it.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    I always loved my visits to Ferrycarrig Park and look forward to revisiting it again after a break of a yr! Youths fans always struck me as very genuine and I am delighted for them that they finally went up after being so close the last few seasons.

I never forgot their noble gesture towards the end of last season the 2-2 and we were robbed by disgraceful referring. That night we were convinced that we were not going up and was cheered up walkin back from section O side out the ground by the sound of Youths fans applaudin us in support of their appreciation of our unhappiness towards the ref! In all my years I have never seen such a gesture! and thats why I am delighted they are up!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I always loved my visits to Ferrycarrig Park and look forward to revisiting it again after a break of a yr! Youths fans always struck me as very genuine and I am delighted for them that they finally went up after being so close the last few seasons.!
    delighted for the Youths fair play to them and absolutely trilled for Willie Tyrell double first division champion now
    but don't be counting your chickens just yet Martinho there is no guarantee Longford will be still in the premier division next year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Congrats Welford, looking forward to the battle of the champions next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Well done, Wexford. I hope the winebar is still open.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    delighted for the Youths fair play to them and absolutely trilled for Willie Tyrell double first division champion now
    but don't be counting your chickens just yet Martinho there is no guarantee Longford will be still in the premier division next year
    after our crap performance last night our paths will cross I am afraid! cant see where we can get a win from!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Well done Wexford. Welcome to the big time!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Good news for all away fans is they now have pint on draft in Ferrycarrig in that beautiful clubhouse of theirs, it use to only be bottled up until this season.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Well done Youths, delighted for them.
    Here on a technicality.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Congrats and well done to the Youths, they took a fair bit of slagging and the usual scepticism that they wouldn't last more than a year or two but they've built the club up the right way, fair play to them. Looking forward to a trip to Ferrycarraig next season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Good news for all away fans is they now have pint on draft in Ferrycarrig in that beautiful clubhouse of theirs, it use to only be bottled up until this season.
    That must be a fairly recent addition. Which is a little annoying seeing as there was no draft when I was in the clubhouse earlier in the season.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I’m absolutely thrilled - I can’t quite believe it still. Nights like last Friday and Turner’s Cross in August 2008 make it all worthwhile. To be honest, I reckoned that we would last 10 or 12 seasons in the graveyard and quietly fold, our passing barely noticed with only that 2008 League Cup run to remember. So to be in with the big boys next season is for me as unexpected as it is daunting. Say what ye like about Mick Wallace (and ye have) but he deserves every plaudit going for all he’s done for football in Wexford.
    As for the season to come, I’ll settle for tenth place or failing that, not doing a Monaghan and folding mid-season. If the club is still around in March 2017 I’ll be happy. Also looking forward to Super Dan showing that he is good enough for the Premier Division and to playing Sligo Rovers, at long last (I think they’re the only team we’ve never played). I can’t wait for March to come.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Jim View Post
    and to playing Sligo Rovers, at long last (I think they’re the only team we’ve never played)..
    That's not a guarantee just yet.
    Here on a technicality.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Also looking forward to Super Dan showing that he is good enough for the Premier Division
    What are the chances of Furlong staying with Wexford next season and not moving to a bigger club??

Happy to see Wexford up anyway and looking forward to a different destination next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    As for the season to come, I’ll settle for tenth place or failing that, not doing a Monaghan and folding mid-season. If the club is still around in March 2017 I’ll be happy. Also looking forward to Super Dan showing that he is good enough for the Premier Division and to playing Sligo Rovers, at long last (I think they’re the only team we’ve never played). I can’t wait for March to come.
    Best make sure you vote against these new proposals - any chance Mick could do some whistling blowing on the FAI to get them to shape up especially JD. at least get him lobbying now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    What are the chances of Furlong staying with Wexford next season and not moving to a bigger club??

Happy to see Wexford up anyway and looking forward to a different destination next season.
    Left for Cork before sure and it didn't work out. I'd imagine he'll stay for at least a season, hasn't gotten a PD track record worth any of the biggest clubs going in for him, yet. Would hardly be worth moving to a middling team, given that he must love Wexford, he'd likely put that ahead of a small cash incentive.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 29/09/2015 at 3:27 PM. Reason: I can't spell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Like to add my own congrats to Youths on a great achievement. Passed the stadium a few times (on work duties) and look forward to visiting next season.

great to see a 'new' club in the Premier Division and a real success story for LOI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12