Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NFL American Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Pat's losing to the Dolphins. What the F**k was T Brady thinking. Steelers must feel good now that they have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs secured. Jags need to win their last two and Steelers need to beat the Ravens, so the Jags can get in.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Vick only completed 11 of 28 against Carolina for 154 yds and 2 TDs. Although Atlanta are the no.1 rushing teamin the nfl, they are ranked 30 of 32 when it comes to passing. Vick has huge potential when he gets out of the pocket and the running lanes open up for him. He ran for 68 yds on sat nite and scored a TD in last few seconds of the 4th quarter to force the game into overtime but I don't think that as a passer he can hold a candle to the likes of Peyton Manning or Donovan Mc Nab. Still,he is great to watc, isn't he? Steelers or Pats this yr. Monday was a blip for Brady and Pittsburgh ain't gonna give up 2 many points.
    Just read there that Vick has run for 889 yds, only 30 odd less than Warrick Dunn(the full time running back). That's a crazy stat for a QB
    Last edited by steveh; 21/12/2004 at 7:16 PM. Reason: more info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Love to watch Vick in action. Unbelievable athletic ability. His only knock is that he has trouble reading defenses, hence the huge rushing yards. Not a pocket passer and pulls the ball down to quickly. Of course they said the same about ex Eagles QB Randall Cunningham when he first started. He eventually matured into a fine QB.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish
    Love to watch Vick in action. Unbelievable athletic ability. His only knock is that he has trouble reading defenses, hence the huge rushing yards. Not a pocket passer and pulls the ball down to quickly. Of course they said the same about ex Eagles QB Randall Cunningham when he first started. He eventually matured into a fine QB.

also, at 6'1, he's undersized for a QB, fun to watch though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaucyJack
    also, at 6'1, he's undersized for a QB, fun to watch though.
    Never thought I'd hear 6'1 as bein undersized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveh
    Never thought I'd hear 6'1 as bein undersized

agreed, there may be a chance for me in the midget wrestling world after all...
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish
    I read in a sports mag over here a while back he played soccer in high school and was really good. But he went to where the money and fame was. Pity.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Vick becomes highest paid player in NFL History

The Atlanta Falcons offered their star quarterback the ultimate show of respect with a 10-year contract.

"It is, man. It is," Vick said with a smile. "You know, making a commitment says a lot, not just to me, but to our team. It means a lot to me."

Vick told The Associated Press two hours before a scheduled news conference to announce the deal that his agent, Joel Segal, reached an agreement in principle with Falcons general manager Rich McKay after Atlanta's overtime victory over Carolina.

"I just went out and played my game and didn't worry about it," Vick said. "I just left in the hands of my agent and my attorneys (to) take it from there."

Vick's contract surpasses the deal Indianapolis quarterback Peyton Manning signed in March.

According to a league official who requested anonymity, Vick reached incentives in his original contract that would have allowed him to void the 2005 and 2006 seasons next month. Had he done so, the 24-year-old Vick would have become an unrestricted free agent on March 2.

Vick's new deal was first reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on its Web site.

"We've said on numerous occasions that this franchise is committed to bringing a world championship to the city of Atlanta, the state of Georgia, as well as to building a sustainable winning organization consistently in the hunt," Falcons owner Arthur Blank said in a statement. "Today's contract extension for Michael, in our opinion, moves us closer to achieving those goals."

Vick, the No. 1 overall draft pick of 2001, has a 24-12-1 career record. He is 14-4 since returning from a broken ankle last year, and this season led the Falcons to just the third division title in franchise history.

Atlanta earned a first-round bye in the NFC playoffs following the win over Carolina and Green Bay's loss to Jacksonville. The Falcons (11-3) visit New Orleans on Sunday, but Vick missed his second straight practice because of an injured left shoulder.

Rookie Matt Schaub hasn't been told he will start, but the third-round pick from Virginia is prepared to do so. If he does play, Schaub won't try to play like Vick, who leads the NFL with 7.6 yards per carry.

Schaub, like many of his teammates, considers Vick to be a freak of nature.

"Yeah, pretty much," Schaub said. "I always thought he was watching him on TV, but seeing it up close every day is something else."

Vick, chosen to his second Pro Bowl, needs 80 yards to break the single-season record for rushing by a quarterback, set by Chicago's Bobby Douglass in 1972.

In a Week 8 victory at Denver, Vick became the first player in league history to rush for 100 yards and pass for 250 in a single game.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Very sad news, one of my favourite players, Reggie White dead of a heart attack: http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._at_43?mode=PF
    Last edited by Metrostars; 26/12/2004 at 4:03 PM.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    cracking game last night between the colts and the chargers. Peyton Manning broke the record of touchdown passes thrown in a season (49) with just seconds left on the clock. and then he orchestrated a two point conversionto force overtime!! what a legend!! didnt watch the jets and the pats but it didn't look all that great anyways
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrostars
    Very sad news, one of my favourite players, Reggie White dead of a heart attack: http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._at_43?mode=PF

Awesome player, and seemed like a real nice guy, if not that well thought out;

"When you look at the black race, black people are very gifted in what we call worship and celebration. A lot of us like to dance, and if you go to black churches, you see people jumping up and down, because they really get into it. White people were blessed with the gift of structure and organization. You guys do a good job of building businesses and things of that nature and you know how to tap into money pretty much better than a lot of people do around the world. Hispanics are gifted in family structure. You can see a Hispanic person and they can put 20 or 30 people in one home. They were gifted in the family structure. When you look at the Asians, the Asian is very gifted in creation, creativity and inventions. If you go to Japan or any Asian country, they can turn a television into a watch. They're very creative. And you look at the Indians, they have been very gifted in the spirituality."

-Reggie White

that made me laugh the most

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well the playoffs have started...

stayed up until 5 am to watch the jets beat the chargers in OT (well i didn;t stay up, I camehome and it was still on so i sat down to watch it)

tonight it's the broncos at the colts (fancy Payton manning to carry the colts through)

and i think the vikings will just shade the packers at lambeau... depends on which brett favre turns up for the cheeseheads...
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Can't see the Packers losing to the perrenial chokers at Lambeau. Vikings don't dserve to be in the playoffs IMO. Colts should rip Denver a new one, hopefully!

Steelers to win it all. What do ye think?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Manning's gonna stroll up to Foxboro next week and beat the crap out of those Patriots. Colts for the superbowl!
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Since I live in San Diego, I have to admit at being slightly ****ed at the Jets beating the Chargers, but hey, they were the underdogs and played the right game. Ye have feel sorry for the young rookie kicker Kaeding for the Chargers though he should have made that kick in over time but his nerves must've been wrecked, bein' a rookie like. Havin' watched the Colts Broncos game today, the Colts looked more than impressive - they pretty much score at will. But the Broncos have been crap this season and the result wasn't that much of a surprise. But if they come up against the Pats or Steelers - well thats a whole new ball game. But it has to be the Steelers for the SB, like I mean 15-1 for the season so far - can't see anyone touching them, including the Colts!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Go Jets :d :d :d

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shedite
    Manning's gonna stroll up to Foxboro next week and beat the crap out of those Patriots. Colts for the superbowl!
    Yup, that's who i'm rooting for. although i'd worry about their defence a bit. and if manning has a bad game they'll lose.

badly.

And my predictions yesterday were right, colts and vikings to win. although the vikings one was a bit of an upset.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Superbowl outright betting

Pittsburgh Steelers 7 - 4

Philadelphia Eagles 11 - 4

New England Patriots 11 - 4

Indianapolis Colts 9 - 2

Atlanta Falcons 12 - 1

St Louis Rams 20 - 1

Minnesota Vikings 28 - 1

NY Jets 33 - 1
    ----------------

colts at 9/2 might be worth a tenner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I reckon the Steelers will beat the Jets but am less certain about the Colts-Patriots. Reckon Patriots would win but would rather get Colts in the AFC championship game, even with Manning. Reckon the Steelers would choke again if they played Patriots.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Next weekend, Indianapolis V New England. Gonna be huge. Colts should have beaten them on the first day this season, and will also be looking for revenge after loosing last year in playoffs.

Predictions for next weekend (winners in bold)

Jets @ Pittsburgh
    Rams @ Falcons
    Vikings @ Philadelphia
    Indianapolis @ New England

Only one that I'm a bit iffy is the Eagles. They have been dodgy since TO got injured. Can't see Pittsburgh loosing and the Rams and useless outdoors.

What do other people predict?
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast