Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL American Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Oh, and for your pleasureHere
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    not comparing positions, not at all, but we were talking about living legends and people who will achieve NFL immortality and I think the likes of Rice, Dickerson, Anderson, Vinatieri will be remembered and reverered for many years to come by NFL fans for their achievements and length of time in the game at a high level.
    Yeah sorry ok. i actually think kickers are underrated - a good kicker really is invaluable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Also while QB is the most important position who can forget the demise of Detroit once Sanders was gone. Both he and Payton were legends while playing.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu
    Also while QB is the most important position who can forget the demise of Detroit once Sanders was gone. Both he and Payton were legends while playing.
    watching Michael Vick the other day reminded me of Barry Sanders....Barry was great, he was the anti-sports star....no running back as humble as that guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Though I live between New York and Boston, I'm a fan of the Green Bay Packers. I got hooked on them about 10 years ago and had the good fortune to go to Lambeau Field back in 97 which I was on a business trip to nearby Milwaukee. They doing ok this year and will get into the playoffs. After that who knows. Defense is suspect to say the least.

The unique thing about the Packers is that they are non profit publicy traded company owned by the community with over 100,000 shareholders.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm a 49ers fan. They just happened to be playing in the first full game I watched. They had TO back then. They're rubbish this year.

Kickers is the one position I would never play. Never be the hero (well rarely) but often the villan. And remember, most kicks are 40-50 yards. Not an easy task when getting 11 monsters trying to crush you.

As for legends, Lawrence Taylor was the best! Bit ****ed up off the field (as most of them seem to be), but absolutely quality on it.

Superbowl this year? I'm going for Indianapolis to surprise New England to make it where they will proabably play Philadelphia.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    No way Steelers to get revenge for three seasons back when they lost the AFC championship to the Pats! Although admittedly it will be a hell of a lot harder this time as I don't think the Steelers team is as good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu
    No way Steelers to get revenge for three seasons back when they lost the AFC championship to the Pats! Although admittedly it will be a hell of a lot harder this time as I don't think the Steelers team is as good.

was in boston that year and saw 12 Pats victories that season. It got to a stage where the locals at work almost forced me to watch the matches so as not to break the winning run
    venetari was class that season as was brady..the way he came in from nowhere... celebrations after winning were mental.. got the front page of the boston globe at home .. over 1million ppl cramming into the city centre and parade route.. there were riots and bonfires up and down Mass the night they won.. jumping on cars.. swinging off street lights..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Really can't see the Colts' defence holding up enough to take them to the superbowl. Steelers are a great all round team but with Rothlisburger being a rookie - great and all that he is playing - is very difficult to see him doing as well in the playoffs then he is at the moment. New England are a great all round team playing great stuff at the moment - Brady is unbeaten in the play-offs so its hard to look beyond the Pats. However i have a sneaky feeling Buffalo are going to get in a make a real fist of it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shedite
    I'm a 49ers fan. They just happened to be playing in the first full game I watched. They had TO back then. They're rubbish this year.

Kickers is the one position I would never play. Never be the hero (well rarely) but often the villan. And remember, most kicks are 40-50 yards. Not an easy task when getting 11 monsters trying to crush you.

As for legends, Lawrence Taylor was the best! Bit ****ed up off the field (as most of them seem to be), but absolutely quality on it.

Superbowl this year? I'm going for Indianapolis to surprise New England to make it where they will proabably play Philadelphia.

one of the most gruesome sights in sports is when LT sacked Joe Theismann(ending his career) and snapped his leg broken backward...right up there with the David Busst and Larrsen breaks...I'll try and find the clip.

b_mcsweeney
    following the 49ers since the days of montana, what a legend. pretty bleak these days though, especially watching dorsey through int after int at the weekend. that niners skins game was ugly in fairness. wouldn't mind but there isn't a standout number 1 pick in the draft this year, so little enough advantage in winning our first top three pick since the sixties.

this season, you have to look at the big three steelers and pats in the afc and iggles in the nfc. they've looked to be a cut above everyone else. as long as TO is fit, philly should roll through the weak nfc. the afc's gonna be very interesting though. depending on who indy get in the first round, i'm not convinced their D is good enough to go beyond there. if they play a really solid defence who can hold manning to normal numbers even, they're likely to give up enough to lose the game. having been brutal for years, the chargers lack any sort of pedigree in the playoffs. who knows what they'll produce. on paper, none of that should matter anyway, as the steelers and pats have been a cut above the rest all season. but you'd have to have question marks over a rookie QB in the post season, and NE have spent their two super bowl seasons doing just enough, riding their luck, its not like they look unbeatable. i wouldn't mind seeing pittsburgh win it in the end, if only for the buses sake. i was convinced coming into the season that his career was over apart from being a short yardage, goal line type back. dunno where hes pulled his form over the last few weeks out of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaucyJack
    one of the most gruesome sights in sports is when LT sacked Joe Theismann(ending his career) and snapped his leg broken backward...right up there with the David Busst and Larrsen breaks...I'll try and find the clip.
    No no no. Surely the far more gruessome sight was LT wrestling at Wrestlemania. I didn't see it and I don't want to either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    How 'bout them Jags beating Greenbay. Anyone see the Jacksonville safety trying to take off the Greenbay receivers head. Vicious wallop! Turns out the guy is OK. Got feeling back in his legs in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah -3 degrees i believe it was. watched the first half up until the point where the jags QB got injured, read the report today and it looked like a good game
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Stange weekend seeing the Jags beat the Packers and then to top it all The absolutely useless Miami Dolphins beat the Patriots 29-28 to really throw a spanner in the works. Not looking good for my Pats now starting to really feel the effect of some key injuries to the defence. its fairly wide open still mind you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very surprised with the Patriots result. HAven't read the report yet but thought they'd win that win with ease. Watched the NY Giants - Steelers game on Sunday. Good game, Giants played above themselves and just couldn't take advantage. Christmas Period should be interesting
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    Very surprised with the Patriots result. HAven't read the report yet but thought they'd win that win with ease. Watched the NY Giants - Steelers game on Sunday. Good game, Giants played above themselves and just couldn't take advantage. Christmas Period should be interesting
    Yeah that Steelers / Giants game was a great game Eli Manning started to show a bit of potential - the number of good young quarterbacks in the NFL is starting to push the likes of Favre and Co. out of the spotlight. Vick, Rothlesburger, Manning and Leftwitch. That Leftwitch is a really tough fella - i remember his last game in college he played the entrie game with a broken ankle or something he just took snaps and didnt move around that much and just sprayed the passes around and still made a load of yards. Quality. i see Terrell Owens broke his leg and is out for the rest of the season that prediction about the Falcons could well come true now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just read the report on the Pats - Dolphins game! Pats were 28-17 ahead with 2 minutes left to play. They really crumbled, Brady threw 4 interceptions in the game!

That's bad news on T.O. I was hoping that Atlanta would get a little bit of luck but obviously not like this. It's a real shame as him and McNabb have been awesome over the last few weeks. Have my fingers crossed though for Vick & Co.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ho...l.jsp?id=20128

Just reading about the injury there to T.O. Appears he has damaged his deltoid ligament in his right ankle (whatever the hell that is! ) and that he will be out until Super Bowl Sunday. Could be an amazing story if the Eagles get there without him and then he returns to help them to glory - now I'm not sure if I'd like to see that more than the Falcons win - damn you emotions!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Saw the highlights of the Phileadelphia game last night and after Tyrell went off McNabb threw two picks and generally did little throwing the ball. He had to rely on making two great rushing plays on third downs where he carried the ball himself to get the first down. 12-7 against the Cowboys hardly impressive but then again 13 wins IS impressive.

Very surprised with the patriots - firstly throwing the football with less then two minutes left - ridiculous - and then getting intercepted twice inside the last two minutes - almost unbelieveable. Huge game against the jets now on St. Stephens night. Pity i'll be too drunk to watch it might get the highlights the day after!!! Would hate to see New England lose again giving the Colts the chance to sneak into the second bye slot.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast