Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL American Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I'm a Patriots fan and even was in Gillette stadium once. Its been an amazing few years for them they are an unbelieveable 29-3 over the past two seasons.

as for the playoffs it should be a shootout between New England and Pittsburgh but they are loads of great teams in the AFC this year, The Jets THe colts, with manning and even the Bills with Bledsoe/McGahee could all win. I really fancy the bills for a good run in the playoffs. In the NFC its hard to look beyond the Eagles and The Cards although i think Carolina are coming on really strong again and are a proven post season team from last year - could be worth an outside bet to get to the superbowl.

As for the cheerleaders... nuff said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I like watching it, especially the final few games and the superbowl, but I can't say that I follow it that much - all I know really is that the Redskins are having an awful time with their QB position. I'm not a skins fan, though, I took no notice of them before I came here. I have a loose affection fot the Jets, and since I visited Pittsburgh, the Steelers, but nothing more than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid
    I'm a Patriots fan and even was in Gillette stadium once. Its been an amazing few years for them they are an unbelieveable 29-3 over the past two seasons.

Was in Gillette myself in 2003 for a game Vs The Giants. Great day out! Still dream about those hotdogs (& the cheerleaders!)

Your spot on with the AFC this year, Jets doing well, Brees at San Diego is excelling & Manning is on fire with the Colts at the mo. Was it Tennesse 2 weeks ago who re-started each time with an on-side kick to try and stop Manning from getting the ball back. They figured it didn't matter where he started from, he was going to drive it in for a touchdown regardless! Steelers are flying too at the mo.

I just have a sneeky feeling for the Falcons after such a bad year last year and Michael Vick is flying. I think an NFC team will have an easier path to the Superbowl than the AFC teams will have due to quality of the like of San Diego, Indianapolis, Buffalo, NY Jets, Patriots etc etc.

Should be an interesting christmas period.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    Still dream about those hotdogs (& the cheerleaders!).

Together in the same dream?
    Perhaps you want to contribute to this thread!
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    P
    A
    T
    S

pats pats pats
    Nice to see a corkman cheering on Pats.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    Together in the same dream?
    I'm hoping to sell the movie rights to my dream and insist on Ron Jeremy in the lead role!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Was in Gillette myself in 2003 for a game Vs The Giants. Great day out! Still dream about those hotdogs (& the cheerleaders!)

Your spot on with the AFC this year, Jets doing well, Brees at San Diego is excelling & Manning is on fire with the Colts at the mo. Was it Tennesse 2 weeks ago who re-started each time with an on-side kick to try and stop Manning from getting the ball back. They figured it didn't matter where he started from, he was going to drive it in for a touchdown regardless! Steelers are flying too at the mo.

I just have a sneeky feeling for the Falcons after such a bad year last year and Michael Vick is flying. I think an NFC team will have an easier path to the Superbowl than the AFC teams will have due to quality of the like of San Diego, Indianapolis, Buffalo, NY Jets, Patriots etc etc.

Should be an interesting christmas period.
    Yeah when i said the Cards i meant to say falcons , i just keep thinking its the Atlanta Cardinals - must be from the Arizona Cardinals from baseball that gets me confused

Totally agree with Michael Vick - i just feel that Alge Crumpler is the only guy that is a good reciever there and hes a tight end. They rely on Vick to run the ball too much at times which is a dangerous game to play esp in the playoffs - and the Tampa Bay Game is typical of what can happen to a guy like Vick if there is too much pressure on him. And i'm talking about real pressure from a good defence not media pressure.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    american throwball morelike.

16 players run into each other while 1 guy throws it to another bloke. yawn-fest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They rely on Vick to run the ball too much at times which is a dangerous game to play esp in the playoffs - and the Tampa Bay Game is typical of what can happen to a guy like Vick if there is too much pressure on him. And i'm talking about real pressure from a good defence not media pressure.
    Very good point - he'd probably be amazing if the Falcons had a better all round offensive lineout and receivers. They may just get lucky though as on his day he's awesome, very athlectic. I think your defence has got to perform at their best to stop him.

The Eagles are also looking good, McNabb and Owens might just lead them to glory this year.

Good to have some NFL chat now and again me thinks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Im suprised "T O" and McNabb get on so well - That Tyrell Owens is talented but a bit of a tosser -I dare say the eagles wont care if they can finally make the superbowl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    There is one God in the world of American Football, and that's the living legend that is Brett Favre of the Packers. One of the greatest ever, a Dan Marino or Joe Montana in that he has achieved immortality while still playing...
    John Elway??....Joe Namath???... Steve McMahon??

And just cos you're a QB doesn't give you automatic greatness rights....what about Jerry Rice, Eric Dickerson, and the legendary William Perry, although the latter was more famed for his girth rather than gift...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    There is one God in the world of American Football, and that's the living legend that is Brett Favre of the Packers. One of the greatest ever, a Dan Marino or Joe Montana in that he has achieved immortality while still playing...
    Agreed - what especially amazing is that he plays mostly at Lambeau Field one of the colder home fields in winter!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    John Elway??....Joe Namath???... Steve McMahon??

And just cos you're a QB doesn't give you automatic greatness rights....what about Jerry Rice, Eric Dickerson, and the legendary William Perry, although the latter was more famed for his girth rather than gift...

Agree wholeheartedly, Rice and Dickerson are Legends. What about the Kicker Morten Anderson, still knocking about with one of the highest, if not THE highest points total in NFL History, or the likes Adam Vinetieri at the Pats winning 2 superbowls!
    Last edited by Karlos; 15/12/2004 at 3:19 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I HATED John Elway. I think it was the Broncos colour scheme or something deep and meaningful like that...

or maybe because when he was drafted originally by the Colts he refused to play for them because they were a lowly team at the time...he forced the trade to Denver, undermining the NFL draft which in my opinion is one of the greatest and most fair things in all of sports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Agree wholeheartedly, Rice and Dickerson are Legends. What about the Kicker Morten Anderson, still knocking about with one of the highest, if not THE highest points total in NFL History, or the likes Adam Vinetieri at the Pats winning 2 superbowls!
    Youre not seriously talking about kickers in the same breath as quarterbacks surely are you? I dont think you can talk about Quarterbacks in the same breath as any other position on the field. Quarterback's run the offence and are at the centre of every single play - unlike any other position.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS4EVER
    Just got into it in last few years. Support the NY Jets. They're have a good year, won't be able to compete with the NE Patriots this time around though.

The NY Jets??? you must be a masochist...this team will take you on an emotional rollercoaster, unfortunately more downs than ups. they are also my team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Youre not seriously talking about kickers in the same breath as quarterbacks surely are you? I dont think you can talk about Quarterbacks in the same breath as any other position on the field. Quarterback's run the offence and are at the centre of every single play - unlike any other position.

kickers are pretty disposable in general, with the exception of several, they also don't get a lot of respect from their fellow players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not comparing positions, not at all, but we were talking about living legends and people who will achieve NFL immortality and I think the likes of Rice, Dickerson, Anderson, Vinatieri will be remembered and reverered for many years to come by NFL fans for their achievements and length of time in the game at a high level.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Nope...it was the colours that did it for me...

I also hated the way that, when they finally came good, the Broncos were able to grind out result by going on these long drives with play after play until they got their score, it was almost like a machine...

I'm sure John Elway has a shrine somewhere in his mansion devoted to Mike Shanahan and Terell Davis...they never really had a running game until Davis came along,,, and it really looked like Elway was gonna retire without any rings.(Elway was also drafted by the NY Yankees, another reason to dislike him)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Jacksonville Jaguars for me. I live here, so I follow them. Still in with a shout for the playoffs. Big game this week for them in Greenbay. Priced some tickets for the Superbowl here in Jacksonville and the potential black market price...................$1800.00!!!!!!!!!! F... that.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast