Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Fixtures: 18th-22nd September

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I don't see where you're getting your reading of the ref from. Limerick fans were going mental every time anyone looked at one of your players.
    We were vocal but we had to be. Going mad as he refused to book players. Loads of frees, no bookings. Only two he booked in the last ten mins were reluctant bookings as his lino had to instruct him.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    We were vocal but we had to be. Going mad as he refused to book players. Loads of frees, no bookings. Only two he booked in the last ten mins were reluctant bookings as his lino had to instruct him.
    There was about six fouls in the entire game. Bray had 90% of the ball so they can hardly have been committing that many fouls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Yea that was the first twenty mins of the game. Ive said it all ready ill say it again, Mathews is a dodgy official

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Maybe he is, but he was alright yesterday. Possibly should have booked Clarke for going down in the box (not sure if it was a dive or he was just looking to go down) but apart from that was OK. Did seem a bit cowed by the Limerick fans and changed his mind a couple of times alright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Nicely worded but I aint swallowing it. The nailed on pen (theres a vid going around) your looking for clarke to be booked???? He (mathews) was ****e yesterday, total ****e. As I said about the two bookings he did give, he had to be told by his lino to book the players. (Right full cought the ball, cassidy tripping tracy) bray quickly tried to sub cassidy to avoid being booked)
    6 fouls in the whole game......hmmmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Ah look, I'll take it back if the video proves me wrong, but I didn't think it was close to the penalty. He missed the foul for the one he booked Barker, but he called Cassidy himself. Casso was trying to ignore him to see if he could get away with it but it didn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Yep evidence is a bit ch. Cassidy as captain also advised Mathews not to book players throughout the game. Bray owned the ball for the first 20 mins of the game, limerick owned it for a 20 min period in the second half, cherry pulled off two smart saves, third goal never came we cant defend so a draw was always on the cards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    So you're saying the ref was taking tips from Casso now? Good grief. Bray dominated the ball the entire first half and most of the second. Limerick looked tired, but credit to them they did more with the ball and Bray were lucky to get a point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    I'd be worried about us after losing cup final on Saturday night. Can see a bit of a hammering in Tallaght on Friday, but then come 2 games that could make or break us - Sligo at home followed by Limerick at home. Our last 3 games are Dundalk (away), Bray (away) and Pats (home), think we are looking at 2 points at best from that trio, so really need 4 points from games against Sligo and Limerick. And our home form stinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Maybe he is, but he was alright yesterday. Possibly should have booked Clarke for going down in the box (not sure if it was a dive or he was just looking to go down) but apart from that was OK. Did seem a bit cowed by the Limerick fans and changed his mind a couple of times alright.
    People get booked for being fouled now? Mick Cooke said after the game it was a stonewall pen.

Im not one for ever really having a go at refs but he was terrible left as many decisions as he possibly could to linos including a handball that happened in front of him the opposite side of the pitch of the lino he looked at. Even missed a Bray lad basically saving the ball about 5 feet in front of him.
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 21/09/2015 at 1:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    I'd be worried about us after losing cup final on Saturday night. Can see a bit of a hammering in Tallaght on Friday, but then come 2 games that could make or break us - Sligo at home followed by Limerick at home. Our last 3 games are Dundalk (away), Bray (away) and Pats (home), think we are looking at 2 points at best from that trio, so really need 4 points from games against Sligo and Limerick. And our home form stinks.
    At this stage of the season there can be loads of mad results. Those last 3 games you mention could be against teams that have nothing to play for so you could pick up 6/7 points. The end of the season can throw up funny results.
    Here on a technicality.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    834 Posts
    Rovers are awful wouldn't fear them at all if I were you.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ref was very poor in our game but I don't think I'd blame him for the result. The only decision that really cost us was not giving the peno. Other than that we didn't capitalise on the chances we did have. Bray controlled a lot of the game but I think they had about 3 shots on target all game. Cherrie pulled off two top class saves to stop us in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    Yep evidence is a bit ch.
    Hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,394 Posts
    That was never a penalty. I'm sorry Limerick fans, but that was as poor a dive as I've seen all year.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Id be a bit more optimistic! The cup game will have little baring on the game in Tallaght, Rovers are vulnerable enough. As said you could have a Dundalk side with little more to play for in the League so a mixing it up of the squad players with the Cup on radar hopefully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Rovers fell over the line against Bray. Terrible game. Duff looks gassed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    I thank you all for the words of encouragement and reserve the right to hunt you all down should your collective raising of my optimism levels prove incorrect

19. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    That was never a penalty. I'm sorry Limerick fans, but that was as poor a dive as I've seen all year.
    Agree, well on his way before any contact came. Never a penalty

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    It's usually around this time of the season that Stuey Byrne tips Rovers for the league.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast