Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Carey & Noel Mooney

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alan Carey & Noel Mooney

I see both Carey and Mooney have both been let go by waterford and Rovers respectively.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    I see both Carey and Mooney have both been let go by waterford and Rovers respectively.
    Noel Mooney has already linked up with Dublin City where his former Cork City colleague Gaz Cronin has been made a player/coach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    im a big fan of alan careys, but with danny murphy and neale horgan and greg and maybe derek and killian lordan, it'd be hard to accommodate him

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah Alan Carey was not to happy at Waterford, as a part-timer the rat insisted that alan follow the rest of the team to Derry by air because of other commitments he could not travel with the team for a meaningless end of seaon game, and he did not even get off the subs bench.

hope he got travel expences!
    First Division Champions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Also heard he was on his way to Ramblers, they could push for a play-off place yet.
    First Division Champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. ....

Quote Originally Posted by ShedEnd.com
    im a big fan of alan careys,
    I would have been too ... when he played well he really made a difference, always attaching and he had faster than average pace at least. His crosses were brilliant and he really shook up a few opposing backlines.
    Thing is ... he went off the boil. If he'd stayed at the standard he was at first and kept improving all the time he'd would have been unreal now.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Carey/Lordan

Alan Carey had some potential when he first played with us because he was a good attacking full back and we were not used to seeing that type of player..City have since progressed and Carey was found out by Dolan who spotted straight away that Carey was poor..he is an erratic player who runs into trouble every time he is on the ball..loses possesion 99% of the time and would not get close to Citys squad and never mind the team..anyone who thinks he is still good enough for City are living in the past..Cillian Lordan cannot get into the team and yet he is twice the player Carey is..a little more experience and Lordan will be back in..a very good footballer and the future of Cork City FC..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedX
    Alan Carey had some potential when he first played with us because he was a good attacking full back and we were not used to seeing that type of player..City have since progressed and Carey was found out by Dolan who spotted straight away that Carey was poor..he is an erratic player who runs into trouble every time he is on the ball..loses possesion 99% of the time and would not get close to Citys squad and never mind the team..anyone who thinks he is still good enough for City are living in the past..Cillian Lordan cannot get into the team and yet he is twice the player Carey is..a little more experience and Lordan will be back in..a very good footballer and the future of Cork City FC..
    thats horsesh t he was injured when dolan came in and Dolan only gave him one chance. i think if Cork City had stuck by him at right back the way he has stuck by john o'flynn, The Undroppable Wonder, he'd be the one you'd be praising now. to say lordan, (a good player but we've only seen him briefly, and during that time many called him terrible), is twice the player that alan is, is ludicrous. you're getting a bit ahead of yourself with how good we are now. When Alan came on he scene he was challening a team that had came very close to a double.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    . . . he was injured when dolan came in and Dolan only gave him one chance . .
    It must be a nightmare being a manager, when you are expected to make decisions about a player's potential based on what you can observe in a game or two. If you get it right and keep a player, you are lucky, IMO. When you make a mistake like Bohs did when they let Kearney go after a week's trial, you look like a tool.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thats horsesh t he was injured when dolan came in and Dolan only gave him one chance. i think if Cork City had stuck by him at right back the way he has stuck by john o'flynn, The Undroppable Wonder, he'd be the one you'd be praising now. to say lordan, (a good player but we've only seen him briefly, and during that time many called him terrible), is twice the player that alan is, is ludicrous. you're getting a bit ahead of yourself with how good we are now. When Alan came on he scene he was challening a team that had came very close to a double.

Shedend...i am far from getting ahead of myself..i know exactly where City are right now...we are serious challengers for the title with or without new signings this close season..thats where we are..we are gone past the days of poor players like Carey...it proves it all when he could barely get a run at a mid-table premier club...

If you know much about football you can see technically Lordan is streets ahead of Carey..that is why he will still be a City player in a few years time..i would never have praised Carey because when he was a regular with City i thought he was even poor then..

I think people like you should open your eyes and understand the word progression..you are a 5 years ago fan...relax

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Shedend...
    Call me gav
    i am far from getting ahead of myself..i know exactly where City are right now...we are serious challengers for the title with or without new signings this close season..thats where we are..
    I dont think so, we need to improve in general, all over the park. We have good players, but we need better players. No-on should be undroppable, as is the case with John O'Flynn.
    we are gone past the days of poor players like Carey...it proves it all when he could barely get a run at a mid-table premier club...
    his career in football is not the same as i would have been had he not been discarded in favour of robbie ****ing hedderman. He is not a poor player. anyone who saw what he was capable of as a regular for Cork City knows this. An unfortunate dip in form due to an injury coincided with the arrival of Dolan, and he never got the chance he deserved. Waterford is hardly the place to improve your football.

If you know much about football you can see technically Lordan is streets ahead of Carey..that is why he will still be a City player in a few years time..i would never have praised Carey because when he was a regular with City i thought he was even poor then..
    well lots of people felt Lordan was playing terribly before he was dropped. If you've never thought in your life "Alan Carey is playign very well" then you werent watching the match, or you werent there.

I think people like you should open your eyes and understand the word progression..you are a 5 years ago fan...relax
    im a five year ago fan? what? i don get it. progression though, is another matter, yes our set up has improved and we are able to draft in professional players like kearney, but i dont see how this affects our home grown right backs, hoggy, o'halloran, lordan and carey. the standard of the kids in cork did not majestically rise because City got a good backer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I donno I think Carey was handy to have around whe we came up against speedy wingers like Ollie Cahill and Rutherford. Hoggie is the better player, no doubt, I'd say that Lordan would be a touch better than Carey too.

From what I can see the only weakness in Hoggie's game is his lack of speed. Carey used do well against these type of players. I'll never forgot the Welcome back to Cork he gave Ollie Cahill when we beat Shels 3-0!

Remember the left winger in Nantes buring Lordan for pace, that wouldnt have happened to Carey but like someone said he might give the ball away a bit more.
    Oh no not them again

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    never rated carey to be honest. maybe he could have got better, but I don't think so. Hoggy is one of the best full backs in the league, if not the best, and greg and lordan are excellent replacements- both can play elsewhere as well. so i don't really think Carey would be near the squad anyway

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Call me gav

I dont think so, we need to improve in general, all over the park. We have good players, but we need better players. No-on should be undroppable, as is the case with John O'Flynn.

his career in football is not the same as i would have been had he not been discarded in favour of robbie ****ing hedderman. He is not a poor player. anyone who saw what he was capable of as a regular for Cork City knows this. An unfortunate dip in form due to an injury coincided with the arrival of Dolan, and he never got the chance he deserved. Waterford is hardly the place to improve your football.

well lots of people felt Lordan was playing terribly before he was dropped. If you've never thought in your life "Alan Carey is playign very well" then you werent watching the match, or you werent there.

im a five year ago fan? what? i don get it. progression though, is another matter, yes our set up has improved and we are able to draft in professional players like kearney, but i dont see how this affects our home grown right backs, hoggy, o'halloran, lordan and carey. the standard of the kids in cork did not majestically rise because City got a good backer.

Shedend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Shedend...
    whats so confusing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. ....

I'd have to agree with most of what Shedend just said. The injury wasn't timely ... but that is no reason to rubbish him. In all fairness ... The guy on top form was praised from a high, i know the team has evolved since he left but Carey was part of the team that was always getting better. I dunno ... loads of different opinions on this but alot of people have short memories and i hate to see him getting rubbished when it is not deserved.
    As was said SOC ... he played very well at his peek. Colin O'Brien took how long to come round after injury, i can remember a long thread about his not be able to dribble past players and look at him now, John O'Flynn .... feic it Morley ... out top all time scorer and he had a bad patch. I dunno ... i give up !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Carey is a quick player and did his bit for City. But at the end of the day, I don't see CCFC winning the league with Carey playing regularly. He isn't up to it when he has the ball at his feet. He wouldn't get near Shels first team and that's the level we should be aiming at.

We don't need more squad players. We need people who are clearly better than our current first team choices.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamon
    He wouldn't get near Shels first team and that's the level we should be aiming at.

We don't need more squad players. We need people who are clearly better than our current first team choices.
    Precisely, football, especially this league, is no place for sentiment or rose-tinted glasses. We need class, and Carey is not that...Howevere,, he'll do well elsewhere, and is a genuinely nice guy.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamon
    Carey is a quick player and did his bit for City. But at the end of the day, I don't see CCFC winning the league with Carey playing regularly. He isn't up to it when he has the ball at his feet.
    I'd agree with that. He was a luxury in the squad when we needed his pace against certain players but I dont think he deserves a place in the squad considering the other players we have already so can play there

If he does go to Div 1 I wonder will he play centre back?
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    if Cork City had stuck by him at right back the way he has stuck by john o'flynn, The Undroppable Wonder, he'd be the one you'd be praising now.
    I agree with you Gav, look at how many times we've stuck by Flynny in spite of poor performances!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast