Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football in Shannon 2015/16

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Football in Shannon 2015/16

well as most clubs back training now any news on possible signings / new players

i'll start the ball rolling ... Shannon town 23-25 training last week and lot of talk of paddy Purcell signing .. Darren Whelan , cheeky mc Donald training with them

hibs had 23 training last week the usuall suspects

Olympic look to be in trouble 12 training mixture of a & b team gary Higgins on his way out also avenue / Newmarket/ pike etc .. mc gorrian training with bridge utd bj cantallion being linked to return to hibs ?

rieanna back during the week 12-14 players under new management ,,,

expect lots of rumours , lads training with clubs signing / not signing roll on the new season

" football is a simple game "

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    two feet up

I agree that a lot of people who regret it from both sides but as I have said in earlier posts why did all the park people jump ship so soon after the amalgamation they all knew what they signed up for when agreeing on newtown/ park joining together .

it was a long time ago newtown were holding their own in clare seem to remember them getting relegated not so long before move to hibs .. Shannon town were up and down from premier to 1a and as for park holding their own in limerick premier league and winning trophies need a good memory for that one ..
    wasn't that long before the amalgamation if that memory serves me right...
    anyway whats done is done...

would the football in shannon be at its lowest now....I think it might which is sad

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Everyone thinks its sad. But no one has an answer. The amalgamation has gone from bad to worse. Hibs current junior team are effectively a drinking club and will continue to be one as this is the only type of player or coach it can attract. I really feel sorry for the likes of tommy mcdade who is one of the best soccer men this town has ever had. But as long as the drinking club continues I feel it will only get worse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don't panic View Post
    Everyone thinks its sad. But no one has an answer. The amalgamation has gone from bad to worse. Hibs current junior team are effectively a drinking club and will continue to be one as this is the only type of player or coach it can attract. I really feel sorry for the likes of tommy mcdade who is one of the best soccer men this town has ever had. But as long as the drinking club continues I feel it will only get worse
    The vast majority of good players around Shannon are big drinkers, don't think you can just pin that on Hibs, it's just Shannon Soccer as a whole. As for the coach I heard Aaron Leahy does very good trainings and it's his first year in management as far as I know so shouldn't he be given a chance without people jumping on his back before a ball is even kicked

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Totally disagree about vast majority being drinkers.every club has them but they are normally on b teams which imo hibs are at present. As for Aaron hes a lovely lad but imo could be out of his depth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    bit over the top on Hibs calling them a drinking club ... lets be honest town / olympic / rieanna all have their share of lads who like the odd few pints

lets talk about the other teetotal clubs what type of players have they attracted last season / this season ?? all superfit athletes
    Last edited by old git; 21/07/2015 at 5:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    A drinking club? What exactly is that? Very well to be insulting players and coaches hiding behind a username. These players and coaches give up their time to try and better the club. What these people do in their spare time is their own business and none of yours. You seem to talk a lot about hibs in your posts with nothing good really to say about them. So i invite you to hibs training tomorrow evening at 7pm at riverside and you can express your concerns with the players and coaches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Side Cutter View Post
    A drinking club? What exactly is that? Very well to be insulting players and coaches hiding behind a username. These players and coaches give up their time to try and better the club. What these people do in their spare time is their own business and none of yours. You seem to talk a lot about hibs in your posts with nothing good really to say about them. So i invite you to hibs training tomorrow evening at 7pm at riverside and you can express your concerns with the players and coaches.
    Well said Side cutter let us know how don't panic gets on tomorrow night

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Guys this a forum where people give their opinions and yes i have said a lot of negative things about hibs. But can you please point out what positive things i could have said. If a club is in freefall like hibs i feel im entitled to have an opinion on why its happening. The drinking club comment imo is justified you just had to visit darcys any Saturday last season. Im not insulting any one just questioning their commitment. And if you don't like my opinion log out

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    And by the way SIDECUTTER! The hiding behind username comment is farcical

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Guys this a forum where people give their opinions and yes i have said a lot of negative things about hibs. But can you please point out what positive things i could have said. If a club is in freefall like hibs i feel im entitled to have an opinion on why its happening. The drinking club comment imo is justified you just had to visit darcys any Saturday last season. Im not insulting any one just questioning their commitment. And if you don't like my opinion log out
    don't panic
    your entitled to your opinions but as already said every time you post about hibs it is negative why is that ? so you are saying every Saturday in darcys was full of hibs players only no other club in Shannon had a player ever in there ... I wont disagree hibs have major problems but fair play to the people involved to keep the effort going to keep club ticking over .. just a small point on the drinking club players I must add for a recent fundraising boxing night versus Shannon town 7-8 hibs players got involved with serious training and fought on the night to support their club - Shannon town I think produced 1 current player and mixture of Howie vincents kickboxers ... so for a club in freefall and drinkers it looks like at least they seem to care a bit more about the club than you think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    don't panic
    your entitled to your opinions but as already said every time you post about hibs it is negative why is that ? so you are saying every Saturday in darcys was full of hibs players only no other club in Shannon had a player ever in there ... I wont disagree hibs have major problems but fair play to the people involved to keep the effort going to keep club ticking over .. just a small point on the drinking club players I must add for a recent fundraising boxing night versus Shannon town 7-8 hibs players got involved with serious training and fought on the night to support their club - Shannon town I think produced 1 current player and mixture of Howie vincents kickboxers ... so for a club in freefall and drinkers it looks like at least they seem to care a bit more about the club than you think
    Shannon town had at least 3 current players boxing that night. Agreed ST should have had more players that night instead of boxers as it wasnt even, but the fact your bringing up a charity fundraiser to defend hibs is ridiculous. Hopefully all the lads down there now will stay for the next few seasons and build hibs up to the prem division of Clare. Be great to see the 3 shannon clubs and Rineanna rival it out in competitive matchs rather then Wesley webb.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dnt think anyone can knock shannon town as a club for not having enough fighters, if lads dnt want to put their hand up what more can ya do. Typical shannon people knocking lads before a ball is kicked off. I seen hibs training while i was at the ladies match the other night, great numbers and looked like they were putting in a tough session

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Old git you say im entitled to my opinion but yet when i give it you say im to negative make your mind up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Old git you say im entitled to my opinion but yet when i give it you say im to negative make your mind up
    don't panic I said all your hibs post's are negative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Melon View Post
    Shannon town had at least 3 current players boxing that night. Agreed ST should have had more players that night instead of boxers as it wasnt even, but the fact your bringing up a charity fundraiser to defend hibs is ridiculous. Hopefully all the lads down there now will stay for the next few seasons and build hibs up to the prem division of Clare. Be great to see the 3 shannon clubs and Rineanna rival it out in competitive matchs rather then Wesley webb.
    who were the 3 current players that night ,, trying to put up a bit of an argument to show that maybe not all doom and gloom with hibs as some people trying to make it out to be.. Hibs need the right lads to stay and also need to get rid of a few and try to get a few new players signed as well but a long road ahead to even star thinking of clare premier division and agree it would be great to see all the teams playing each other in competitive league games ,, having said that Wesley will still throw up some intresting games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Shannon hibs are having great sessions, very physical and tactical the last few weeks under aaron, with great numbers and the rite attitude with all involved, busting there balls all to get a jersey, for some dopes on here to say that they are a drinking team and a b- team just shows there intelligence, shannon hibs will do there talking on the pitch once season is up and running, for the haters pick up new hobbies because ye haven't a clue.....cheers

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    By all accounts hibs had a great turnout for the boxing fair play to them. Shame they wern't that committed to the football last season cast your mind back didn't 3-4 players leave a game at halftime to go to christining

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    By all accounts hibs had a great turnout for the boxing fair play to them. Shame they wern't that committed to the football last season cast your mind back didn't 3-4 players leave a game at halftime to go to christining
    Hibs were let down by players last season for training and matches, it was a season that every1 was disappointed and hurt over,new manager, new players this season,there have been some meetings and manager has put every1 on the same page as for the christening 2 lads left at half time due to a mass they had to go to, 1 was godfather and 1 was brother, really clutching at straws now 👍
    Sure it was a grand ole team to play for....Sure it was a grand ole team to know..

Hail Hail!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    who were the 3 current players that night ,, trying to put up a bit of an argument to show that maybe not all doom and gloom with hibs as some people trying to make it out to be.. Hibs need the right lads to stay and also need to get rid of a few and try to get a few new players signed as well but a long road ahead to even star thinking of clare premier division and agree it would be great to see all the teams playing each other in competitive league games ,, having said that Wesley will still throw up some intresting games
    Ciaran Mckee
    Eoin Collins
    Sean Burke...
    I think hibs have to right manager in at the moment, aaron has had alot of experience through college football and limerick fc and no doubt his trainings are up there with the best in shannon, also think hibs would attract more players if it they straight into the clare league this year. It's good to win any league but no promotion as straight to the clare league next season. As you say Wesley will show the quality of each team

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast