Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Regional United continued to impress with a convincing team performance on their new astroturf surface. Having conceded an early Purcell goal, they dug in against a determined and capable Moyross to record a 4 - 1 win. Goals from Coughlan (2), Doherty and O'Driscoll ensured the team's continued interest in the outcome of this years premier title. Entertaining game marred slightly by lenient referring. Credit must be given to the Moyross 'keeper who was intent on keeping the ball in play by distributing to his team mates at every opportunity.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/l09c/2...posted-public/

4. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Regional United played an understrength Ballananty Rovers this morning and recorded a facile 9 -0 win to remain top of the Premier League going into 2016. Kieran O'Connell scored a hat trick with two headed goals in the first half and a very neat left legged finish in the second.It was all too easy for the home side as they passed the ball about neatly with little resistance.Ballynanty played as best they could to the bitter end, never really drawing the referee into the contest.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/l09c/2...posted-public/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    good report AOB,janesboro not great ,pikes defence very good....a cold venue to watch an unusually tame game between these two,.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Thanks. Yeah, it was baltic alright. At least we missed an even tamer game on the box anyway!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Latest Premier League statistics, as of last Sunday...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Good report AOB,noticed your high praise for both mungret fullbacks even though they were part of a defence who conceded five goals,while setpieces seemed to have played their part...how were the two fulls defensively?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Both Mungret full backs were very good defensively and bore little responsibility for the number of goals conceded.

Their side was three down at half time thanks to two corners and a penalty. The fourth saw Moore overloaded alright, but he can't be blamed for the lack of cover. He worked very hard all night to track Nunan's constant running off the ball and made some good runs of his own on it.

Clancy on the other side gave even less away and used the ball extremely carefully too; very important for a side insisting upon building from the back.

Both have been very good every time I've seen them to be fair.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    [QUOTE=AlanOB;1864462]Both Mungret full backs were very good defensively and bore little responsibility for the number of goals conceded.

Their side was three down at half time thanks to two corners and a penalty. The fourth saw Moore overloaded alright, but he can't be blamed for the lack of cover. He worked very hard all night to track Nunan's constant running off the ball and made some good runs of his own on it.

Clancy on the other side gave even less away and used the ball extremely carefully too; very important for a side insisting upon building from the back.

Both have been very good every time I've seen them to be fair.[/QU

Who do you think will win the league at this stage Alan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I called Pike, Janesboro and Carew as the top three - in that order - before the season started (https://limerickdl.wordpress.com/201...eason-preview/) and I've seen little to cause me to budge from that.

As long as Pike avoid defeat at Pearse Stadium, I think they'll see it out. Carew are incredibly hard to break down, owing to their narrow shape, but that lack of width is absolutely killing them at the other end. Can see them slipping up against supposed weaker teams, as they nearly did at home to Summerville on Sunday.

My predictions don't look so bad really. The only one I'm way off on is Mungret, but even they are improving rapidly and, while they won't match my 8th place finish, have an outside chance of pinching 9th given the fixtures they have left.

Compared to some completely ridiculous pre-season prognostications from more hallowed quarters, I'm doing ok I think!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Pike carew boro for me in that order,some great games left,any idea how boro faired against st johns bosco earlier tonight?cant find that result anywhere online

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    They won 4-2! Great result, to be fair.

I'd say we are two of the few not tipping the 'Boro to retain!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast