Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2015/16

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Limerick junior soccer is on it's a## and has been for a while. Whether that's the fault of the LDMC or the BIG clubs in town who "invest" wisely is another topic. I think it's the lack of control the LDMC have over these clubs, just seen above about restricting numbers in signing of players that'd be a start.

I'm sure a lot of clubs are in the same situation as Wembley,except they're still trying to keep going

As for dealings with the LDMC well everyone knows that's a shambles so the article is spot on but who wants to change it... complain about it but do nothing cos then you might have to actually do it and get involved.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    lads any report on the Geraldine's and moyross game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    https://limerickdl.wordpress.com/statistics/

Statistics page live on the website now, to be updated weekly.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    "Sure, time will tell! I'm sure the lad himself knows he's better than that. We'll see how things look in a couple of weeks time when we reach the quarter-way point."
    AlanOB you are spot with your prediction here ! He was a torment to the Janesboro defense last night,got the opening and closing goals of the contest and greatly contributed to his teams best result to date.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/l09c/21457307471/
    He is very comfortable at this level of football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    What can I say? 60% of the time, I'm right every time.

I'm not surprised in the slightest that he's scoring at over a goal a game. Given the number of chances he had against Geraldines, his movement off the ball was always going to translate into goals once he attained some level of match sharpness. Creates a lot of chances for himself too, obviously, through his on-the-ball running and long range shooting.

Gutted I missed it. First big one of the season I couldn't report on, as I have work commitments on Tuesday evenings.

I left Thursdays and Sundays free at the beginning of the season, but of course there was no accounting for the apparent obsession with getting the season done by Xmas...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In the Geraldines v Regional game,Nyong was probably MOTM with two or even three big saves to prevent Coughlan from scoring.From what I have seen in recent games his physicality within the rules of the game has come on in leaps and bounds.With their best 11 on the field, Regional are a match for most teams in the division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    That's slightly revisionist to be fair. While Nyong was indeed MOTM in the game, Garbhan did also miss several presentable chances that were just as if not more attributable to his own failings.

Just because we were right to keep the faith, that doesn't mean we can gloss over what was a poor performance.

As for Regional, they have indeed improved dramatically. Shame they were missing so many key players for the Pike game. That would have been very interesting. I think Coughlan would have had a field day - but I wonder how he would have coped with McGann's...enthusiasm.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    To be fair to Nyong,he is the only 'keeper that has prevented Coughlan for scoring thus far in the league.He did not play v Pike so we will wait for the return fixture.I have not seen Pike and McGann play yet but I see he is already serving a suspension for four yellow cards.He was always a fit, left sided enthusiast,more suited to defensive duties.His first touch often got him involved in challenges he should have otherwise avoided.He certainly used to play an honest game wholeheartedely,a team player.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Regional Utd. 3 - 2 Janesboro. https://www.flickr.com/photos/l09c/2...posted-public/
    Janesboro hit man Shane Clarke ( central,blue top) has to serve a suspension and can only watch as his team lose for the first time in league action this season.The game was a great five goal showpiece for the top level local league in Limerick City.Alternate scoring,crucially commenced and completed by Regional Utd,gave a result that shows the competitive nature seen thus far in this season's campaign.The amateur game is alive and well in Limerick and well worth a watch for local fans of the game.Tuesday 15th September 2015.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L09C View Post
    I have not seen Pike and McGann play yet but I see he is already serving a suspension for four yellow cards.He was always a fit, left sided enthusiast,more suited to defensive duties.His first touch often got him involved in challenges he should have otherwise avoided.He certainly used to play an honest game wholeheartedely,a team player.

Pretty accurate summation. From what I've seen, while the lad is indeed honest, he attempts to use his size and strength advantage without having the wherewithal to know how and when to do so. The suspension speaks for itself in that regard - commits far too many fouls for my liking. Should really have seen a second yellow against Balla too - a game in which his persistent niggly fouling was at its worst.

Not sure on the first touch thing though. He looks very comfortable on the ball for this level, without being dangerous with it.

Nice pictures - but, I see from your name there that your interest in the other Mr. Coughlan might be more than passing! Doing the old Questions and Answers gimmick I see - making party political points without declaring your allegiance

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I am not in the business of hiding anything to be honest.This is my first close up view of the local scene in many a long year.Sports fan who enjoys live action with a more than a passing interest when my sons are involved ! I was drawn in so to speak by you astute commentary and maybe you could do with an image or two to help you along . There are currently no restrictions on their usage for any non commercial ventures.Feel free to incorporate them if you think they could enhance your prose.Off to Tom Clifford Park now for some more live action !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Ah I know, I was only having a bit of banter sure! You're like myself - I don't hide behind pseudonyms online and never have.

I really appreciate the offer with regard to your images. They're really good and that definitely is an area I could look into to improve my work. No doubt about that.

Great to get some genuine discussion on here anyway. It's rare these days!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    It's Tuohy time! (yaay...)

Pike Rovers 1-6 Fairview Rangers: Impressive ‘View trounce their depleted rivals thanks to a host of individual defensive errors

Wasn't long ago that such scorelines were being delivered in the opposite direction. An impressive statement of intent from the new-look Fairview tonight against an admittedly half-strength Pike eleven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Mungret Regional 3-3 Aisling Annacotty (AET – Mungret won 5-4 on pens): Aisling eventually pay the penalty despite improbable late comeback

Imagine being three up with five to play and failing to win! It happened tonight in Jackman Park...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast