Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures 7th/8th August 2015

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Listened to an interview last night from after the game Friday. We had to start two players who weren't match fit due to injuries an suspensions (one of which is now out for the season). Matthew Sheehan new U19s keeper (effectively third choice) was on the bench I find it strange why he wasn't brought on at half time as it was evident Birdsall was injured.

Find it strange why we couldn't register a club youth player for the senior. Not liking how quite the club have been this season.

I'm putting none I've the blame on Roddy it goes a lot deeper
    Strange on injuries. I think ye only had four subs - but even if it meant playing them out of position, could they not have been preferred? OK, it might be a mid at full back, but as you say, now you've got another guy out for the season. And ye were going to lose with 8 fit players, so what's the worst that could have happened otherwise?

Have ye got a tiny squad or are ye just unlucky with injuries and stuff?

Hard to blame Roddy too much for the latter as he's only there since what - June? But leaving an injured keeper on the pitch for 75 minutes is baffling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Here comes the whataboutery

Dundalk hoping to bring buses to Brandywell.

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/sport/...well-1-6897588
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Ho wis it acceptable that Dundalks away end is uncovered and doesn't offer a full view of the pitch.

You will say "you can pay extra to enter the stand". My response is you can pay extra to park in the car park just off the Strand.
    No I will say, what a completely ridiculous response, how are the two comparable?

I drive so this stoning of buses is not an issue for me, but you think that the supporters buses should park off the Strand Road and the supporters should walk to the buses after the game? Or maybe they should meet them on the A5?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    179 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    The same way it is acceptable that Cork put away fans in a section where the seats are falling apart.
    So you're comparing Oriel and Tuners Cross. Good luck with that.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    So you're comparing Oriel and Tuners Cross. Good luck with that.
    Well if you can compare an uncovered away section to buses being stoned then why not?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Ho wis it acceptable that Dundalks away end is uncovered and doesn't offer a full view of the pitch.

You will say "you can pay extra to enter the stand". My response is you can pay extra to park in the car park just off the Strand.
    Its not acceptable! You cant see the full pitch from the away end in Drogheda (whole sideline, and one corner) Sligo (cant see one corner). Bray have an uncovered terrace, Longford too
    None of them have anything he to do with the topic on hand.

If you think not being safe from stones at buses, puts people off going to games on the same level as not being able to see one corner of the pitch or getting a bit wet. you need to have a look at yourself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I just think its a bit rich Dundalk fans whingeing about us not traveling to Oriel due to the conditions there but then whingeing about the conditions in Derry. Never had any issue myself there either, while I have had golf balls thrown at me in Oriel Park.

Theres plenty of places you could park away from the Brandy if you're concerned, and its a small enough city that you could conceivably park within about 10 or 15 minutes walk easily enough. Possibly even in the stadium itself if they would let ye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    I just think its a bit rich Dundalk fans whingeing about us not traveling to Oriel due to the conditions there but then whingeing about the conditions in Derry. Never had any issue myself there either, while I have had golf balls thrown at me in Oriel Park.

Theres plenty of places you could park away from the Brandy if you're concerned, and its a small enough city that you could conceivably park within about 10 or 15 minutes walk easily enough. Possibly even in the stadium itself if they would let ye.
    Look,there are loads of issues with OP,Dundalk fans know that.Nobody is trying to take the upper hand here or sound ****ing rich because even Derry themselves realise that there is a huge security issue involved here.
    'Derry City Football Club officials will tomorrow (Wednesday) hold talks with local community groups in a bid to avoid a repeat of the unsavoury incidents experienced earlier in the season'
    http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/de...acks-1-6897726

You make yourself out on this forum to be a reasonable sort and god knows you're always at the same bull over on OrielWeb but yet here you are resorting to cheap shots at decent Dundalk fans who just want to go to travel to a football match without any hassle !
    Do one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Strange on injuries. I think ye only had four subs - but even if it meant playing them out of position, could they not have been preferred? OK, it might be a mid at full back, but as you say, now you've got another guy out for the season. And ye were going to lose with 8 fit players, so what's the worst that could have happened otherwise?

Have ye got a tiny squad or are ye just unlucky with injuries and stuff?

Hard to blame Roddy too much for the latter as he's only there since what - June? But leaving an injured keeper on the pitch for 75 minutes is baffling.
    Yeah think it was just the four and all of which are U19s if I remember correctly.

Cory Galvin (Winger), Anthony McAalvey (Midfielder), Shaun Corcoran (Left Full) and Matthew Connor (Keeper) were missing for us on Friday. All four would be starters.

We started the season with 30 players and we've released just over half our squad throughout the season due to lack of game time, not been good enough and a couple of others left for there own reasons. We were able to sign 4 senior players but weren't allowed register any others by the FAI even an U17 player. Which has now left us with 9 of the 11 who started the friday night (Murphy will miss the remainder of the season and Mernagh is moving over to England for work reasons), then McAalvey, Connor, Corcoran and Galvin come back into the squad. Which doesn't include Croke whom is also out for the season too. We've Sheehan, Prendergast, Duffy, Buckley from the U19s registered for the first team.

Going by recent squads this is the list of players (And there age) we've got for the rest of the season (According to Roddy we've 12 senior players), many of which are eligible to play in the U19s short season afaik, sounds like only a couple will thou.

[COLOR=#333333]Matthew Connor (18), Robert Birdsall (24), Matthew Sheehan (17/18?), Dean Reidy (20), Shane Mackey (19), Column Nuggent (25), Shane Dineen (19), Shaun Corcoran (25), Sean Duffy (16), Adam Prendergast (17/18?), Robbie Buckley (18), Aaron O Connor (18), Cory Galvin (19), Evan Galvin (19), Brian Nolan (24), Ethan Boyle (18), Anthony McAalvey (20), Daniel Pender (18/19?), Mark Walsh (No DOB on the club site - he took the step from the U19s last summmer (Presumably 19/20?))[/COLOR]

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Jesus, all the craic about Derry and the Brandywell is incredibly silly and will only add fuel to the fire for the little group of idiots that'll be the ones throwing stones.

It's not even Derry fans that commit these acts of vandalism. It's a group of children from a nearby estate. No amount of 'talks' by the club will prevent idiots being idiots.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    No no no.
    El Pietro is above now at the Derry board meeting giving bus parking directions and security lessons to everyone who wants to listen!
    The further you are away from the problem the greater the solutions you have for them

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Jesus, all the craic about Derry and the Brandywell is incredibly silly and will only add fuel to the fire for the little group of idiots that'll be the ones throwing stones.

It's not even Derry fans that commit these acts of vandalism. It's a group of children from a nearby estate. No amount of 'talks' by the club will prevent idiots being idiots.
    In fairness it is a huge concern and it should be a priority for Derry to fix as they are losing revenue through away attendances. Can the club not just put a few stewards in or around the problem area after matches to at least make it look like they are doing something?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    In fairness it is a huge concern and it should be a priority for Derry to fix as they are losing revenue through away attendances. Can the club not just put a few stewards in or around the problem area after matches to at least make it look like they are doing something?
    They do have stewards who go beyond where they should as far as I remember, but it shouldn't be their job either. It's just a complete bungle between the police and the club where nobody really wants to take responsibility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    You make yourself out on this forum to be a reasonable sort and god knows you're always at the same bull over on OrielWeb but yet here you are resorting to cheap shots at decent Dundalk fans who just want to go to travel to a football match without any hassle !
    I'm just doing the same thing Dundalk fans do whenever anyone suggests they might not travel to Dundalk. If anything I'm taking pot shots at fans who don't want to travel. Something Dundalk fans are famous for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    I'm just doing the same thing Dundalk fans do whenever anyone suggests they might not travel to Dundalk. If anything I'm taking pot shots at fans who don't want to travel. Something Dundalk fans are famous for.
    Have a go on Twitter mate,i wont listen til your bullcrap.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Your a bitter young man. You would be better off on the Airtricity League Banter Page with your ****e..

The reason this is being discussed, is because Derry's chairman has said he cant guarantee Dundalks fans safety! This might change today after the metting but for you to come on slagging off Oriel on this thread, shows what a child you really are

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Man accused of whataboutery responds with "I'm just doing the same thing they do."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    You're using a serious situation to take a few pot shots because "they did it first". Bit sad really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    You're using a serious situation to take a few pot shots because "they did it first". Bit sad really
    Its not actually that serious. No one has been hurt. Some kids threw some stones at some buses. Its not exactly hilarious but it happens across the league.

Dundalk have still done nothing about the golf balls thrown into the away end at the end of last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Its not actually that serious. No one has been hurt. Some kids threw some stones at some buses. Its not exactly hilarious but it happens across the league.

Dundalk have still done nothing about the golf balls thrown into the away end at the end of last season.
    Somebody was hurt, not seriously but that's just because of luck.

The golf ball incident was a disgrace and should never have happened. However, I think it was an isolated incident as a large number of fans (myself included) entered the pitch to celebrate, the only other time I can remember this happening is the cup semi against Rovers in 2002 (and the missiles were in the opposite direction from what I remember). The bus stoning incidents are recurring in Derry and not just for Dundalk.

Dundalk do not allow supporters on the pitch and there are stewards to prevent this but in the golf ball incident, how do you prevent ~3000 entering the pitch?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast