Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I mad to think we'll beat City?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Agree with you Marty, on the slide big time. Huge game next weekend because if I'm not wrong our three games after that are Derry away, Dundalk away and Shams at home.

i heard Don was back training but also was told Pat Flynn was out running before the players were warming up.
    Was chatting Flynn after lads he said he's at least 3 weeks away from any sort of fitness

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    And I agree with you marry, I warned about this a long time ago that people's attitude within the club was ah Limerick and bray and Derry are sh1te wel be grand and stay up. That's a horrendous and dangerous attitude to have. We should be saying right we are right in the mix for a top 6 finish here how do we go about securing that. First thing that would achieve this is signing some defenders!

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    It's not the strikers or defenders fault that we are not able to score or defend, it's the midfield or lack thereof, we don't use a playmaker/holding midfielder/sweeper if we did the strikers would have more chances and the defence would have more protection, totally agree about the laziness of some of the players it's not just Dogherty. add to that the tactical nous of Cousins and here we sit

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    I don't know where some of this muck is coming from.
    Whatever about Sligo I can understand Cork. We're not able for some of these teams! We have some great players in midfield - Rice, Ayman and O'Connor are some of the best. We were missing Rice last week, Sullivan, O'Flynn and Don who are players that start.

There are some realities that need to be accepted. Doherty was a known entity when he came - he was with the team at the bottom of the FD. And known to be lazy.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    that is what happens when you had a successful spell in the top flight for eight years. The last time we went up in 2000 people were more accepting of the teams limitations. trouble is I keep comparing this team to that first spell if you want an explanation to the so called garbage LTFC.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    The amount of negativity on here over the last month or so has been way over the top. We've played 20 league games so far and we've competed well in 17 of those games. Only 3 times have we been convincingly beaten in my opinion. That's not bad going for a newly promoted team.

We've got one of the smallest squads in the league. In that squad, we've got at least 6 players who simply aren't up to Premier Division standard. You could make a case that more than 6 players aren't up to it too. We've been crippled by 2 massive injuries in Pat Flynn and Don Cowan, both of whom have played pivotal roles in the team when fit this season, albeit Don has only played 6 or 7 games, but he was great for those games.

I think it's time people lowered their expectations slightly. We're currently only out of the top half of the table on goal difference. It's highly unlikely were going to get relegated automatically. Of course we're well in the mix for the play off spot but so are 5 other teams, and I'd be confident of us being able to beat those 5 other teams on any given day.

Back in March, if we were offered to be in this position after 20 games, given the injuries we've had and the lack of form our strikers have shown, we'd have been over the moon with it. We've also been given a great chance to reach the cup quarter finals.

Imagine getting battered by a Cork team with a squad of players we could only dream of having with a midfielder and a Leinster senior league standard centre half at the back together? Disgraceful stuff alright.

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    it didnt help us that we made a strong part to the season. Expectations would increase naturally.

Why are we not entitled to vent our feelings?When you think about it, we are shareholders in the club and pay hard earned cash at the gate to suffer poor performances like the last two games.

At least theres no big talk of Cousins out compared to our poor start of last season.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    I never said you're not entitled to vent your feelings. I basically just said that I think you're wrong.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Cousins OUT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Nothing wrong with high expectations this attitude of oh we will stay up regardless is extremely dangerous and will come back to bite us in the arse if we don't pick ourselves and start getting into teams starting tomorrow night with Drogs. Just looking at their likely starting 11 compared to ours and this is a game we simply should be winning, won't be easy but should be winning especially at home. Major threat for them will be front 2 of Mulvenna and particularly Duffy but with the likes of Rice back in the team and Shaw, Sully and Kelly to chose from up front we should be winning this game tomorrow night, we simply have to!

Hope to hear a passionate atmosphere at CCS tomorrow night too, that's something that's really been lacking at home this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Strange to let Conor Dunne leave the club when we had Willie Tyrell and Rhys Gorman as centre backs last week.....and Rossitor as back up....

Dunne hasnt had a look in at all - a shame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDoc View Post
    Strange to let Conor Dunne leave the club when we had Willie Tyrell and Rhys Gorman as centre backs last week.....and Rossitor as back up....

Dunne hasnt had a look in at all - a shame
    Only gone on loan as far as I understand, ridiculous loaning him out to a local rival, wouldn't happen anywhere else.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    He wasn't getting a look in so maybe letting him go Cousins might have someone else lined up. And letting him join Athlone, what's the problem? They're not in our division sand it's not the first nor last time a player will go from Longford to Athlone or vice versa!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    According to reports he's actually been released to athlone so if that's the case fair enough he can join the other judas Purdy and Collins

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    As if LOI players, and especially those who are not local, give a flying feck about local rivalry. They'll go wherever they have to get paid and to get games. It's not exactly Rangers and Celtic in the rivalry stakes either is it?
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Clearly a bit of tongue in cheek there. I still stand by that we shouldn't loan players to athlone but if the likes of Dunne and Purdy feel they aren't up to playing for the biggest club in the midlands that's their choice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    On the beer early Outspoken?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Certainly on the beer after throwing away 2 points last night. Yes their keeper was the hero but why did we sit so deep after scoring? Typical cousins

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Not so sure we threw away 2 points yes their goalie kept us out a few times but they missed a penalty, had a goal disallowed, missed a sitter and Hunt pulled off a few saves himself, hard and all as it was to take I thought a draw was fair enough, happy we didn't lose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    Not so sure we threw away 2 points yes their goalie kept us out a few times but they missed a penalty, had a goal disallowed, missed a sitter and Hunt pulled off a few saves himself, hard and all as it was to take I thought a draw was fair enough, happy we didn't lose
    I'm just totally frustrated at us sitting back after we went 1-0 up and had them on the ropes it happens every week and it's one of the main reasons TC is so unpopular among the majority of fans despite his success

25. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12