Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Epl 2015/2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    It really wouldn't take a lot to keep them up with the form of the teams around them. Damn Norwich anyway and their near total collapse this year.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Disappointed that he's taking over just before they play Leicester. Would have been a sure 3 points for Leicester. Now....
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    The sudden appearance of Rafa on the scene had a spanish inquisition feel about it, as in a routine home win was now a different proposition altogether. It took a special goal (though routine for a player of Mick Leech's ilk) to win it for Leicester and a stonewall penalty for Newcastle was denied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    I don't remember too many overheads by Mick Leech. He was more the right man in the right place type of striker.

Amazed to hear the pundits say that it's now a 2 horse race. It would be very easy for Leicester to lose 3 in a row while Arsenal have a game in hand. Leicester have struggled in the last few games. I fear for them but wouldn't it be great for football if they won it.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I don't think Leicester have struggled myself to be honest.
    Lets talk about six baby

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    You've got to admire any manner of win by any inexperienced title challenger at this stage of the season. arsenal haven't got the bottle that's for sure. If winning was that easy week in, weekj out City would be doing it. I think so far Leicester are holding up fine. Despite only one point from 6 in 2 London derbies last week Spurs look like the type of team who find winning games quite easy and who aren't scrambling for points. My money would be on Spurs - though maybe they'll start getting nervous now? - to win it but every win for Leicester now is a huge step to the finishing line. I hope they do it.

First posts on this thread are how Ranieri will struggle Much credit to him.

As for the Super League, I take Owls fan's point but I fear that if it happens it'll be the near death of the international game.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    it's only par for the course that a game against a team in desperation is going to be harder than against the same team when they were desperate. And Leicester are doing better than the other 3 teams they have to worry about, they beat Norwich when Man City could only draw and their 3 rivals have lost ground.
    Perhaps Spurs will offer a challenge now that they have sacrificed EL ambitions, but they have a prohibitive run-in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    First posts on this thread are how Ranieri will struggle Much credit to him.
    Yes, I did say "Ranieri to Leicester - Will be surprised if that works out" and I am more than surprised! I am shocked. Just keep waiting for it to implode but no sign yet but the great thing is that even if they do, it will be another dark-horse Spurs who more than likely will win it. And Newcastle (managed by no less than Benitez), Sunderland and Villa in the relegation spots and 2 of the promoted sides looking safe and Norwich evens money. Even Sky couldn't couldn't hype up a better script than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    So Adam Johnson got six years. Not making little of it exactly, but if the victim was a few months older (i.e. turned 16) would the whole thing have been fair game from a legal point of view?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Haha was thinking the same thing.

12. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    So Adam Johnson got six years. Not making little of it exactly, but if the victim was a few months older (i.e. turned 16) would the whole thing have been fair game from a legal point of view?
    David Walsh in The Sunday Times compared it to the case of a female schoolteacher who had a long affair with a 15 year-old boy she was teaching, including a pregnancy 7 termination. The teacher got 250 hours of community service or something like that.

14. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    David Walsh in The Sunday Times compared it to the case of a female schoolteacher who had a long affair with a 15 year-old boy she was teaching, including a pregnancy 7 termination. The teacher got 250 hours of community service or something like that.
    She admitted guilt immediately and got two years suspended, which was later changed to two years custodial on appeal. I'm not saying that was right, just her admission of guilt clearly resulted in a more lenient sentence.

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBench View Post
    Chelsea just demolished manager-less Aston Villa. They let Remi Garde go without a replacement in mind.
    Well, maybe not lined up or announced, but its not a certainty they don't have someone in their sights, I think Garde had pretty much given up, some of his public statements about the players, having to select players he didn't want to due to no backing in the window etc, made this inevitable. This way he leaves without a relegation on his CV which probably it the best he could emerge with, they way it played out. It also means most prospective managers may well hold off till the relegation is official to avoid it on theirs though, but we wait & see on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Leicester, now needing a maximum of 12 points from 6 games I believe in order to be champions of England.

Only Forest & Derby did ever managed something similar, which has always left Leicester in their near neighbours shadow, there must be something rare and unique in the East Midlands water if Leicester do get over the line.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBench View Post
    No specific thread for EPL clubs, right?

Chelsea just demolished manager-less Aston Villa. They let Remi Garde go without a replacement in mind.
    There is a Liverpool/Everton thread someplace but you would have to dig back a bit. EPL not well regarded in some quarters here as it is regarded as the nemesis of the League of Ireland. As someone who has followed all football from LoI to IL to Scottish Football and English football, I wouldn't necessarily hold that viewpoint but I can understand the argument as well.

Villa were doomed no matter who their manager is so they are really looking at next season in the Championship. They should go for either Mick McCarthy or Nigel Pearson.

Still fearful that Leicester might blow it but finger crossed for them and football.

21. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Were they any worse?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Were they any worse?
    Who are they and what were they maybe worse than Stutts ?

24. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    It's as if Paul has just hacked Stutts' account.
    Though that would be crediting Paul with some degree of guile, therefore it's probably not realistic.

Stutts, we are worried, a blip perhaps?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Who are they and what were they maybe worse than Stutts ?
    Duh, my bad. I hit the quick reply button to RedBench's comment on the previous page about Garde being fired with no replacement lined up. My point was (meant to be) that manager or no manager, they're awful. RedBench's comment was the last on the page and I hurriedly assumed it was the last comment in the thread.

Thanks for Geysir's concern though. I'm fine.
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 06/04/2016 at 7:39 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast