Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Divisions 1, 2 & 3 2015/16

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorryburnsy View Post
    Heard last night Leeview are after getting promoted to the first division that club should cash in on it's luck, it's the third time they've got promoted without earning it, Finish well behind the top 2 in their division last season, the season previous finished second in the league and luckily for them the aul decided to scrap the playoff system in the third division(the only year they decided to scrap it) which I think they would of struggled to win with Knocknaheeny and Ballincollig involved. 2009 finished third in the third division and still were promoted and before fellas come on here slating this comment saying Leeview are a great club I've nothing against them just saying promotion should be earned not handed to teams, no matter what club they are.
    Jesus, you know more about us than I do. In fairness we are hardly gonna say no when asked are we? I'd like nothing more than to go up by winning a division but not to be. Regarding you're comment about being miles off last year, we finished 2 points behind Rathcoole. I'm happy for us to be playing first division and let's see how we get on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    League Sections for Season 2015/16
    Premier League
    Blarney Street Athletic
    Carrigtwohill United A
    Coachford
    Glenthorn Celtic A
    Grattan United A
    Kilreen Celtic
    Killumney United A
    Park United A
    Pearse Celtic A
    Village United
    Premier A League
    Cathedral Celtic
    Dillon’s Cross Athletic
    Glen Celtic A
    Greenwood A
    Innishvilla A
    Knockraha A
    Kanturk
    Macroom A
    Rylane Celtic
    Springfield
    League 1 (three round league)
    Blackstone Rovers
    Bohemians
    Buttevant
    Castleview
    Crescent Athletic
    Fairview
    Rathcoole Rovers
    Waterloo A
    League 1A (three round league)
    Greenmount Rangers
    Knocknaheeney Celtic
    Lakewood Athletic
    Leeview Athletic
    Richmond
    St. John Bosco A
    Strand United A
    UCC A

League 2
    Carrigtwohill United B
    De Courcey Albion
    Dunbar Celtic
    Glenthorn Celtic B
    Glenvale
    Grangevale
    Hibernians
    Hillington
    Innishvilla B
    League 2A
    Central Rovers
    CFC Banteer
    Cloughduv Celtic
    Corkbeg
    Newmarket Town
    Park United B
    Tower
    Watergrasshill United
    Waterloo B
    League 3
    Ard-na-Laoi
    Ballinhassig
    Blackpool Celtic
    Bweeng Celtic
    Castlelack
    Donoughmore Athletic
    Greenwood B
    Los Zarcos
    Macroom B
    Parkview Celtic
    Strand United B
    League 3A
    Carrigaline United
    Churchvilla
    City Wanderers
    Glen Celtic B
    Grattan United B
    Knockraha B
    Pearse Celtic B
    St. John Bosco B
    Southcoast
    Temple United B
    UCC B

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daveymac89 View Post
    Was on to 1 of the players training with glenvale. He doesn't fancy it at all. Anybody interested in friendlys get on to me at 0857319012
    Davey you've left us all in the dark as to your indentity with that user name ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Where did those sections come from?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftside View Post
    Jesus, you know more about us than I do. In fairness we are hardly gonna say no when asked are we? I'd like nothing more than to go up by winning a division but not to be. Regarding you're comment about being miles off last year, we finished 2 points behind Rathcoole. I'm happy for us to be playing first division and let's see how we get on.
    I think your missing my point, never said ye should turn down the opportunity to play at a higher level only a fool would do that, I'm just saying ye don't deserve it, three times ye have been rewarded for finishing outside the allocated promotion slots with promotion in my view it should be earned not handed out, it's nothing against you or anyone involved in the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Who are Southcoast???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondBall View Post
    Who are Southcoast???
    Southcoast FC are based in the Southside of the City.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    Southcoast FC are based in the Southside of the City.
    whos involved with them or who has set them up???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I've no hiding to be done bud.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I see that shandon Celtic have folded as a club never nice to see a club go,the last few seasons have been a struggle with the club narrowly avoiding relagation to the third division on a few occasions.sums up whats wrong with the game lack of loyalty amongst players and who are quick to leave when a club hits a bad patch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorryburnsy View Post
    Heard last night Leeview are after getting promoted to the first division that club should cash in on it's luck, it's the third time they've got promoted without earning it, Finish well behind the top 2 in their division last season, the season previous finished second in the league and luckily for them the aul decided to scrap the playoff system in the third division(the only year they decided to scrap it) which I think they would of struggled to win with Knocknaheeny and Ballincollig involved. 2009 finished third in the third division and still were promoted and before fellas come on here slating this comment saying Leeview are a great club I've nothing against them just saying promotion should be earned not handed to teams, no matter what club they are.
    leeview are a great club bud if u finish 2nd in the league you should go up none of this play off bull .your own club step back to come forward and lots of hard work being done there kid .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fortheTeam View Post
    leeview are a great club bud if u finish 2nd in the league you should go up none of this play off bull .your own club step back to come forward and lots of hard work being done there kid .
    I don't think that Leeview are to blame here. I think it's down to the failures of the AUL committee. I know it's not easy with teams pulling out but still. Wish Leeview and all teams the best for the season ahead. On paper it looks like there'll be a lot of tough leagues

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Just my opinion View Post
    I don't think that Leeview are to blame here. I think it's down to the failures of the AUL committee. I know it's not easy with teams pulling out but still. Wish Leeview and all teams the best for the season ahead. On paper it looks like there'll be a lot of tough leagues
    I for 1 think it's ridiculous ... Why lee view ? Why not any other team ? Lee view have been rewarded before with this sort of thing ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Does anybody know if you get sent off in this tower tournament are ya banned for league games. We played Richmond on Thursday and tully was reffing it. He said if a player was sent off it would be reported to aul and he'd be banned. Surely same applies to tournaments

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthez View Post
    I for 1 think it's ridiculous ... Why lee view ? Why not any other team ? Lee view have been rewarded before with this sort of thing ?
    We beat leeview 5-2 at the end of last season to all but finish their promotion hopes, this is a bit crazy!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Corkbeg also got promoted from the 3rd division to the 2nd division even though they didn't win the playoff!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Lads this the aul for Ye !!!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts
    We all had a fair idea and some like myself have been saying on here and out and about when I meet lads involved with clubs that the aul needed to re jig the leagues this year due to teams / clubs pulling out etc and some leagues having only 7 teams etc and now they've done it we still not happy . Corkbeg are fine side and have a fine set up and just missed out on promotion I have no probs with them going up some one had to from the 3 div . Let's hope all the teams that are named in their respective divisions can field a team and not have gaps left like last year . Or if clubs do pull teams that aul can react fast and re jig if needed

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthez View Post
    Lee view seem to get a lot of favours ... That's probably down to the riordan brothers being cousins with a member of the aul committee ... Ain't that right leftlegs ? Lmao !
    Now your just trying to stir it Barthez. I have no cousins or relatives on the AUL commitee. We were asked would we be interested in going to play division 1, we said yes. Not sure if Park B (who finished 3rd in the other section) were asked the same question. I can only comment on my club. And also I will admit we've had a lot of luck regarding promotions but who here would honestly have turned the chance to play at a higher level. Feel free to continue to make assumptions or knock the club as that's what forums are about.

Regarding JRyno's comment about changing squads every year we have 90% of the same players that played with us in the 3rd division 3 seasons ago. Obviously every year new players come in but not by us poaching or promising jobs etc... The majority of our players are in someway linked to a player in the club already be it relative or friend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Call it a day View Post
    Spot on bud absolute disgrace!! seen them twice last year and from two of them performances no way should they be going up!! something definitely not right there!! AUL becomming a laugh
    1) Yes, Leeview have had a fortune of luck and right calls gone their way the last couple of years
    2) Would your club turn down going up a division?
    3) Know for a fact Leeview have had the same core last 4 years. Take away Mags, Keith and maybe 2 more, the rest been there AGES
    4) Your beef is with the AUL, not Leeview, no need to talk in the manner being spoken to Leftside. Direct yer comments to the AUL, we all know they monitor these things after all??
    5) Don't matter who beat who or who played what kinda football, it is what it is and right now there's nothing that can be done can it?

Those involved with the clubs who are not Leeview, ye have every right to be P***** off. Those from Leeview have every right to accept the promotion. Ye need to realise the issue is not with leftside or JRyno or anyone else, its the AUL. Direct the criticism at them

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast