Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tipp South & District League 2015/16

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    any report on the micheals or celtic game today?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly man View Post
    any report on the micheals or celtic game today?
    Both clubs have excellent websites with full reports.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footballfanatic View Post
    how is this possible?? because you will find it difficult for a young team to keep it into top teams like michaels/celtic. i saw villa today, goalie and centerback maybe 30 years old. center midfielder 25 years old. i reckon the rest of the team are between the ages of 17-22 from the youths teams you mention. you must understand how they got a few clippings off celtic/michaels (2 of the best in the country). it isnt rocket science.

villa went through a stage of having no youths teams, at this moment in time they are paying for that as it on now when those youths would be now good age for junior soccer....but in a couple of years it will all level out again. the old phrase, ya win nothing with kids, but these kids will grow up
    Cashel beat villa 5-1, Glengoole beat Cashel 4-1, Clonmel Town had several youths playing in Thurles when they beat Villa 5-0, also in 2000 Peake villa were promoted from the 1st div to the premier, the same year their youths reached the fai final, all the youths went into the first team and won the league, that same season St michaels were beaten in the fai final by portmarnock so saints were in the top 2 in Ireland but a villa side backbones by 19 year olds won the title...not rocket science, villa need a young ambitious manager to bring through those youths and sign 3 or 4 players and they will be right back up there

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stelling View Post
    Cashel beat villa 5-1, Glengoole beat Cashel 4-1, Clonmel Town had several youths playing in Thurles when they beat Villa 5-0, also in 2000 Peake villa were promoted from the 1st div to the premier, the same year their youths reached the fai final, all the youths went into the first team and won the league, that same season St michaels were beaten in the fai final by portmarnock so saints were in the top 2 in Ireland but a villa side backbones by 19 year olds won the title...not rocket science, villa need a young ambitious manager to bring through those youths and sign 3 or 4 players and they will be right back up there
    The Cashel team that lined out against Glengoole was 5 or 6 players short of the Cashel team that beat villa. Villa have a young squad and should stay in the division. A season or 2 together and then They will have the basis for a strong squad for the next 7 or 8 years where they might be pushing for silverware... There are a few teams this season in the premier that have extremely young squads, Villa and Borris probably being the 2 youngest from what I seen. A lot of the reason is because some clubs didn't concentrate on developing youths into first team squads. Then when their batch of 1st team players retire they have no decent players ready to replace them. Now these clubs have no players in the mid 20's and are forced to play 5 and 6 boys from the youths....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Cullen Latin 5 Peake Villa 0.....let that sink in

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Town. Vs Michaels is the pick of the weekend Munster cup games.. Anyone see any upsets in any of the other fixtures?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Thought Jamie O Flaherty was spot on last night on Tipp Fm about Peake Villa, seems everyone in the County can see what's going on yet the club will allow it to continue, they are failing the young players and will ultimately end up losing their better players in the December window and in the Summer, history repeating itself

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hear Villa have parted company with their management team, You would think with them out of all cup competitions and with little hope of finishing higher than their current position they are not going to gain much by getting rid of him now, if anything it could destabilize them even more for the rest of the season,

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footy.fan View Post
    I hear Villa have parted company with their management team, You would think with them out of all cup competitions and with little hope of finishing higher than their current position they are not going to gain much by getting rid of him now, if anything it could destabilize them even more for the rest of the season,
    Didn't destabilise them too much, a first win away against clonmel celtic in 5 years and a great 3 points in Glengoole

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A lot of rumours going around about another managerial casualty in Cashel... What's the story...? Anyone any input

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard Cashel sacked their manager for the 2nd time this season. Not sure who is taking them over for the rest of the season
    Last edited by footy.fan; 28/03/2016 at 10:09 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footy.fan View Post
    Heard Cashel sacked their manager for the 2nd time this season. Not sure who is taking them over for the rest of the season
    Was Ian Bennis managing them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    He was, yes.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    [QUOTE=AlanOB;1864646]He was, yes.[/QU

Any idea what happened?bennis a sound fella in fairness,done a great job with the fairview last year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I don't know him personally, but I doubt even he would agree with your last statement!

No clue at all what happened with Cashel.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    I don't know him personally, but I doubt even he would agree with your last statement!

No clue at all what happened with Cashel.
    Bit harsh Alan o Brien.... I don't know the man personally but considering the panel that he had to work with in fairview it wasn't a bad term.... if I recall they did beat both top sides (Boro FAI and Pike MJC).... look it's horses for courses.... as you well know if a coach/manager gets 100% backing from the comittee in bringing in the right players to help a team progress it helps quite a lot..... it happens in most clubs...........What's ur take on the view this year Alan?

Now getting back to the FAI this weekend.... will be get the dream final that we're all hoping for..... be some final in the markets field.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    The final will be held in the AVIVA regardless of what happens this weekend, given their sponsorship of the competition.

As for Fairview, those two big victories happened in November, after which they went into a massive slump of form that was never arrested. They fell to the then-1A side Mungret Regional at the next hurdle of the MJC and got knocked out by 1A opposition (Shannon Town) in the Lawson too. Also contrived to lose to Pike in the league despite leading 3-1 going into the last ten minutes.

Basically, from December on it was a disaster. Rumours abounded of players not training and/or not playing for their manager. "Great job" is not even in the same ballpark as accurate.

As for Fairview this year, they are exactly where I thought they'd be despite a massive influx of players in the close season. I predicted a mid-table finish for one of the strongest squads in the league (on paper) at the beginning of the season, when certain others were predicting victory. Suffice it to say, that "great job" is still not applicable. I think that the relative levels of underachievement presided over by this and the previous regimes are pretty similar, to be honest. And I'm not at all surprised at that state of affairs.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    The final will be held in the AVIVA regardless of what happens this weekend, given their sponsorship of the competition.

As for Fairview, those two big victories happened in November, after which they went into a massive slump of form that was never arrested. They fell to the then-1A side Mungret Regional at the next hurdle of the MJC and got knocked out by 1A opposition (Shannon Town) in the Lawson too. Also contrived to lose to Pike in the league despite leading 3-1 going into the last ten m
    Basically, from December on it was a disaster. Rumours abounded of players not training and/or not playing for their manager. "Great job" is not even in the same ballpark as accurate.

As for Fairview this year, they are exactly where I thought they'd be despite a massive influx of players in the close season. I predicted a mid-table finish for one of the strongest squads in the league (on paper) at the beginning of the season, when certain others were predicting victory. Suffice it to say, that "great job" is still not applicable. I think that the relative levels of underachievement presided over by this and the previous regimes are pretty similar, to be honest. And I'm not at all surprised at that state of affairs.
    Fairview have really under achieved this year imo,Fair play to Paul ODonnell he has put a really strong side together and maybe next season will be there year
    I think Bennis and Paul would be a great combination for joint managers,just a thought
    For what players bennis had at his disposal last year i thought he did a 'great job' just my opinion but i stand over it
    some huge results and brought the club out of the doldrums a little since Jason Purcell left in 2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    That's what this place is for: opinions.

And yes, the stature of the club certainly didn't decline under his tenure anyway, to be fair. The fault for that situation lies elsewhere.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Promotion from the 1st division will be tight, a few teams in the mix on similar enough points

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast