Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bellamy to Birmingham

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bellamy to Birmingham

I've heard Birmingham and Newcastle have agreed a fee of 6m for Craig Bellamy and they will open talks with the player over the weekend. If it happens, you can't imagine he's signed Bellamy as cover (Or as a right winger ) so it'll be a case of Bellamy +1 up front for Birmingham, and Heskey was the big summer signing. It's hard to see Clinton forcing his way in every week there, he'll more than likely be a sub when their both fit. That's a real blow for him, and undeserved too, as he's been bang on form all through the season. Every game it seems he's either setting up or scoring goals, so what does the future hold for him? Will he look for a move or will he be able to force his way into the team? And if he does lose his place, will he fall behind in form Elliot in the pecking order for us or even lead to the much debated Chelsea formation being used?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Nah!! i don't agree..

Birmingham are an ambitious club that had set Europe as a target this season and most likely will again next. And you cant' expect to Challenge for Europe without at the very least 3 good forwards competing. You have to expect that at any premiership club worth it's salt and any club that doesn't act as such will soon be relegated. If you look at it, even after the arrival of Bellamy he's still better off than he was at the start of the season when he was most definately way behind Forsell and Heskey where as now due to form it's a three way fight between Morrison, Heskey and now Bellamy. I don't expect Bellamy to walk straight into the side given the recent form of Heskey and Morrison. But obviously he'll be thrown in at the first excuse. Bare in minde that while Heskey and Bellamy were big buys, Morrison at over 4million was an expensive outlay and is only now, due to a couple of factors, getting a proper chance to repay it.

The only people that should be worried by Bellamy's arrival is Dwight York and Robbie Blake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    God yeah I forgot about Robbie Blake, he must be regretting going to Birmingham now.

While all top teams should have more than two strikers it still doesn't bode well for him, atm he's looking like being the third choice through no fault of his own really which can't help Ireland. It is better than the start of the season alright though Bruce said he wants to sign Forssell in the summer It was before the Bellamy news broke, mind.

Of course, he could end up forcing one of them out of the side and being the main man for Birmingham this season. For all the strikers they seem to buy, Morrison rarely seems to be out of their side for too long, I hope that continues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    heskey can play left wing as well...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think it is a case of Bellamy or Morrison, both could play together and that great beast Heskey can lumber on the sidelines. Morrison's goals per games started ratio is much better than Heskey's and as goos as Bellamy's. Bruce will play the best players.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Jayzus!! Poor Oul' Clinton was benched tonight even without Heskey available, with Blake and Panidiani starting and scoring.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    even though bell-end went to seltic, it still proves that morrison ain't good enough. steve bruce keeps saying how well he's doing, and then goes out to try and sign every half-decent striker arounf. clinton's useless, hopefully brian kerr will realise it soon too

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    748 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    even though bell-end went to seltic, it still proves that morrison ain't good enough. steve bruce keeps saying how well he's doing, and then goes out to try and sign every half-decent striker arounf. clinton's useless, hopefully brian kerr will realise it soon too

A bit harsh like, I think he's a premiership striker. Its just that Birmingham are a buying club at the moment. I think Clinton is still good enough to get his game over Robbie Blake, and Pandiani doesn't even want to be there. His first comment to the local media was something like I wanted to go to Florentia, but the club (Deportivo) messed up and I got stuck in Birmingham. That'll make him popular...
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    yeah, good ol' walter "el rifle" pandiani. always good for a comment or two I've never rated morrison- at best he's a poor mans heskey, and thats no compliment. He's never done anything to prove me wrong yet. the odd good game for ireland and the odd decent run of goals for birmingham is the most he's managed.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler
    A bit harsh like, I think he's a premiership striker. Its just that Birmingham are a buying club at the moment. I think Clinton is still good enough to get his game over Robbie Blake, and Pandiani doesn't even want to be there. His first comment to the local media was something like I wanted to go to Florentia, but the club (Deportivo) messed up and I got stuck in Birmingham. That'll make him popular...
    Well its kind of true, Birmingham's a complete dump, whereas Florence is on of the worlds great cities... at least he's honest and didnt come up with the usually "I've been a fan of ____ all my life and always dreamed of playing for them."

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler
    and Pandiani doesn't even want to be there. His first comment to the local media was something like I wanted to go to Florentia, but the club (Deportivo) messed up and I got stuck in Birmingham.
    Apparently he also said only a madman would sign for Birmingham permanently!

I'm obviously baised but I think Clinton's getting a bit of a bum deal at the moment. Heskey will be the first to admit that almost all his recent goals were set up by Clinton. Even in his brief appearance against Chelsea he made a nuisance of himself in the box a few times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seems Clinton is now fourth choice behind Pandiani, Blake and Heskey. Completley undeserved imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Seems Clinton is now fourth choice behind Pandiani, Blake and Heskey. Completley undeserved imo.
    Again, this is like Andy O'Brien at Newcastle. Bruce bought two strikers, he has to give them a chance some time. There's no real "first choice" or "fourth choice". People went OTT about O'Brien and I said the same even when he was playing in the reserves, he's in the first team now.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I agreed with you about O'Brien and I think he & Boumsong will finish the season as Newcastle's no. 1 pairing.

Competition could be just what Clinton needs to keep his performance level up. He held off Yorke easily enough.

However, in the case of both Clinton & O'Brien, I think it's fair to say that their managers have yet to be totally convinced by them. Each has work to do to improve his standing with his club manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    yeah, good ol' walter "el rifle" pandiani. always good for a comment or two I've never rated morrison- at best he's a poor mans heskey, and thats no compliment. He's never done anything to prove me wrong yet. the odd good game for ireland and the odd decent run of goals for birmingham is the most he's managed.
    Clinton Morrison is a very good footballer, always works hard and is very creative. you obviously dont see much of Birmingham for you to say hes never done anything to prove you wrong. i've seen them quite a lot and hes always around the box causing trouble and is often good at gettin on the end of lost causes and poachers goals. Morrisons recent performances at international level have also been good, and he always gives 110% so if thats not good enough for you then how about Jon Macken, or maybe David Connolly, or maybe Dominic Foley, or Alan Lee. The list is endless and Morrison has shown himself to be better players than all of the others mentioned so maybe it would be a wise idea to support him.
    Nuff Said

Also, heres what Bruce had to say about leaving Morrison out:
    http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/pag...623106,00.html
    Last edited by livehead1; 04/02/2005 at 7:54 PM.