Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aiden McGeady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88
    He still drives me mad!
    hehe, just forget he ever was a winger. I know it might take a while for the memories to go. BTW, just searched for SPL stats and found a great PDF file which obviously gets updated fairly regularly:
    http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/stats/sts_041106.pdf

Wouldn't have thought Petrov would be the most fouled player in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Does he start tonight? Sorry if it's been posted somewhere and I've just missed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah he started and he is one of the 2 or 3 best players on the pitch. playing very well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    apparently he's been cellic's best player in the first half, skinning colocini and nesta on different occasions, provided a cross for sutton (header wide) and cut in from the left and shot just over the bar from distance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    oops, snap, eirebhoy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Incidentally, not sure if this is the right thread or not, but Duff scored for Chelsea today against Porto.

Thanks for the info lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Incidentally, not sure if this is the right thread or not, but Duff scored for Chelsea today against Porto.

Thanks for the info lads.
    yes yes great for duffer, there are photo sets of both matches up on uefa.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'm as down as I could possibly be after that result. McGeady was class though and got a couple of claps from Nesta. I think he misplaced 2 passes in the whole game and both times he won the ball back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    I'm as down as I could possibly be after that result.
    So am I. You are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    McGeady was class though and got a couple of claps from Nesta. I think he misplaced 2 passes in the whole game and both times he won the ball back.
    Maybe some of his colleagues might have taken note. Henri Camara? A disgrace to the colours. Send him back to Wolves now. Pathetic.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Didier "I'm fast but f*** all else" Agathe?
    In fiarness Agathe might get in ahead of Kevin "I'm fairly fast but **** all else" Kilbane.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Best Celtic player by a mile, great balance, touch, vision and passing
    the majority of his teammates are a bunch of hackers out of their depth against the top teams like Milan.

Can see O'Neill moving on not much mileage with this team without money, and if McGeady keeps up this sort of form a move to the premiership is on the cards.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88
    I have to take issue with you over Agathe. I think he's absolute trash. He's lightning fast but this is all he has. If he's that good how come nobody has ever come in for him?

His crossing & passing is absolutely atrocious, mainly because he never loooks up. The number of times he skins his man and then wastes everything by ballooning over a rubbish cross is infuriating. Remember the OF game last year when Larsson was unmarked in the middle in a 2 on 1 and Agathe carried the ball to an impossible angle and shot uselessly at Klos?

Eirebhoy, you're a big statistics fan: how many assists does Agathe provide? Nowhere near as many as times as Thompson & others I'd say.

The only time I can remember him putting in the killer pass from a promising position was a great pass to Sutton away to Stuttgart.
    In fairness, I think Eirebhoy was referring to Agathe's defensive qualities as a right full back rather than his impact going forward.

Someone mentioned on this thread that he's quite possibly the best right full back in Britain. I'd actually go along with Agathe as a pure defender. His pace and tenacity in the tackle make him a very diffcult proposition for any aspiring left winger.

Just a moot point, but a point worth making nonetheless.

SKBIO-TOR

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3
    In fiarness Agathe might get in ahead of Kevin "I'm fairly fast but **** all else" Kilbane.
    Ahem, get a tape of the France game and actually watch the game sober. Maybe, just maybe...you'll realise that stereotype of Kevin Kilbane is simply not true.

SKBIO-TOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Condex
    the majority of his teammates are a bunch of hackers out of their depth against the top teams like Milan.
    We were the better team tonight (Milan didn't get one shot on target) and dominated the second half in the San Siro. I would obviously agree that Milan are a far superior team but there's no need for calling the team hackers (Milan actually conceded more fouls). Quit the silly trolling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    So am I. You are not alone.

Maybe some of his colleagues might have taken note. Henri Camara? A disgrace to the colours. Send him back to Wolves now. Pathetic.

PP

Only seen the second half due to the wheels of my waggon being superglued to the slow lane of the M25, but I was impressed with McGeady he had the beating of that fella that looked like scary spice nearly all the time, his run and through ball which was sent into Sutton were a cracker and at the end of the game he seemed to be the only one who was still trying to charge into the Milan half and take the game to them.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Best Celtic player by a mile, great balance, touch, vision and passing the majority of his teammates are a bunch of hackers out of their depth against the top teams like Milan.
    But the results say it all and two draws this season against two of the world's best says it all. Not bad for a "bunch of hackers"

Can see O'Neill moving on not much mileage with this team without money,
    You dismiss the team as an afterthought. Don't forget i) that this is O'Neill's team and ii) what they've achieved. Great things from good and average players, and in one former case, a world-class player. But I'm starting to agree with you. How he hasn't left before now is beyond me. Maybe because there's only one club in British football that's any bigger.

and if McGeady keeps up this sort of form a move to the premiership is on the cards.
    Not a chance mate. It'll be a while coming yet. The boy's a Bhoy and he's just signed a four-year contract. He won't be heading south just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    Only seen the second half due to the wheels of my waggon being superglued to the slow lane of the M25, but I was impressed with McGeady... at the end of the game he seemed to be the only one who was still trying to charge into the Milan half and take the game to them.
    The boy's looking good. It's a shame the rest of the team is looking jaded, but who can blame them? The team's crying out to be strengthened, but the board will use this as an excuse not to buy any players in January. I expect Celtic to win the SPL, but it will be the last European adventure for a while if there's no investment. Hardly the incentive to persuade young players like McGeady to commit to the club in the longer term.

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 08/12/2004 at 7:30 AM.
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    As a die hard Hibs fan with a fond hatred for Celtic (delighted to see them knocked out last night) I have to admit McGeady was brilliant last night. He can only get better too. WELL DONE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was listening to the radio last night on the way home from the match and I thought O'Neill made a very good point.

When asked if he was disappointed in his team, he said he was disappointed with the outcome but proud of his team.

He also pointed out that when he first took over 4 years ago, Celtic had to play a QUALIFIER to get into the UEFA Cup. It's a measure of how far this team has come in little time that now we are getting automatic qualification into the Champions League and the fans are getting dissapointed when we draw at home to AC Milan.

Spot on Martin.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Was at Arsenal last night but taped the second half of Celtic (just got SKY Plus - bloody brilliant!).

McGeady looked really good and will surely become a real star.

Back to the main point though: we've got some crucial matches coming up in the spring and injuries aside, I'd still put Finnan and Reid on RHM ahead of McGeady for Tel Aviv.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Is everyone forgetting the option of Matt Holland on Right Midfield? Cause Roy and Kilbane will definitely be in the middle. He's also been playing there for Charlton. I'd go with Holland on the right

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast