Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: FAI Intermediate Cup Results 4/5 December

  1. #1
    Banned
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    FAI Intermediate Cup Results 4/5 December

    Fanad Utd 0 Dublin Bus 0

    Black Diamond 1 St Peters Athlone 3

    Lissadel UTD 2 Drumcondra 1

    Wayside Celtic 3 Leixlip UTD 0

    Greystones 1 Bonagee UTD 2

    Malahide UTD 6 St. Mochtas 2

    Vale View Shankill 1 Mount Merrion YMCA 3

    Bangor Celtic 2 Ashtown Villa 2

    Glebe North 1 Moyle Park College 2

    Rockmount 3 Verona 1

    Belgrove 1 Greenhills Boys 1

    Cherry Orchard 2 St. james Gate 0

    carrigaline UTD 1 Glenmore Dundrum 2

  2. #2
    First Team drummerboy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Location
    drumcondra
    Posts
    2,468
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    88
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Mount Merrion have a host of ex-EL players and play in the 4th Division of LSL. They have Donal Broghan ex Dundalk, bohs, Howie King, ex Limerick, Hysa ex Dublin City, Ian Douglas ex Bohs, Drogheda, Sean Byrne ex Dundalk and a few more as well.
    Always look on the bright side of life

  3. #3
    Coach
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Cork City
    Posts
    5,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    The 3 remaining results from down south

    Avondale Utd 2-1 Midleton
    Ringmahon Rangers 1-1 St Marys
    Castleview 1-2 Douglas Hall


    Anyone know when the draw for the next round is ?

  4. #4
    Capped Player Schumi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    A difficult place to get three points
    Posts
    10,742
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    203
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    351
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Do the winners of these games qualify for the first round of next year's FAI Cup?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think so yes. plus four junior clubs

  6. #6
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, the 16 winners qualify for first round with 4 semi finalist of junior cup. The ten winners join the Eircom league clubs in next round.

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mount Merrion also got a few Dublin City players when Roddy let them go, but I think they have since left. They all get paid few quid aswell, but these players havent guaranteed success, they have lost 2 games in league although they are in contention.

  8. #8
    First Team Aberdonian Stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    the zone
    Posts
    2,260
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    25
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Would love to get Mount Merrion in the FAI Cup next year, could hardly get a more local derby. The MM schoolboy club is one of the school boy clubs we work with but have no official ties with the senior club any more. Would get a lot of local interest, although crowd would still be tiny.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

  9. #9
    Banned
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,822
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu
    Would love to get Mount Merrion in the FAI Cup next year, could hardly get a more local derby. The MM schoolboy club is one of the school boy clubs we work with but have no official ties with the senior club any more. Would get a lot of local interest, although crowd would still be tiny.
    Yes that tie would stuff the place. Although in 1997 we blew the biggest chance we are likely to get to pack the ground for a Cup Tie.
    Played Bray in the First Round and lost..... Bray came out of the hat next round away to Trinners. Now that game should have been Trinners V UCD and that would have packed the place. Assuming they had agreed to switch it to Belfield... ah well... UCD V Mount Merrion is still a possibility at this stage.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,822
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    Yes that tie would stuff the place. Although in 1997 we blew the biggest chance we are likely to get to pack the ground for a Cup Tie.
    Played Bray in the First Round and lost..... Bray came out of the hat next round away to Trinners. Now that game should have been Trinners V UCD and that would have packed the place. Assuming they had agreed to switch it to Belfield... ah well... UCD V Mount Merrion is still a possibility at this stage.
    Well some year we might get Pegasus ... that would be more local as the Grads play in Belfield

  11. #11
    Reserves dublinwanderer's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    710
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Fellow!
    Mount Merrion also got a few Dublin City players when Roddy let them go, but I think they have since left. They all get paid few quid aswell, but these players havent guaranteed success, they have lost 2 games in league although they are in contention.
    Sorry but no body at Mount Merrion gets paid. All players have to pay subs!!

  12. #12
    First Team drummerboy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Location
    drumcondra
    Posts
    2,468
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    88
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    HO ho ho, you got to be kidding. Everybody in the LSL knows Mount Merrion have been paying players for years now. I know this for a fact.
    Always look on the bright side of life

  13. #13
    Reserves dublinwanderer's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    710
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    how would you know? i know someone involved in the club and he said nobody gets paid.
    although they have loads of ex-league players including david gill dublin city, alan king kildare/bray, dermot fitzpatrick bray, fred davis monaghan, ian douglas bohs, donal broughan dundalk/crusaders, alban hysa dublin, mick scully monaghan and a few more.................

Similar Threads

  1. December 8th, D-Day
    By thescoringgoals in forum Galway United
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06/10/2006, 11:30 AM
  2. Intermediate Cup
    By razor in forum Intermediate Leagues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13/10/2005, 5:07 PM
  3. FAI Intermediate Cup Final
    By drummerboy in forum Intermediate Leagues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27/05/2005, 7:31 PM
  4. Intermediate Cup
    By DTS in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03/04/2002, 3:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •