Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2015/16

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Should we rename this the 'Newcastle West Rovers' Thread !!
    They're only challeneg games lads; can't read too much into them. Fellas are only testing the waters seeing what teams are like, also some fellas just fancy a game of 'ball on a fine evening too regardless of who it's for.
    For what it's worth I don't see Tony Quaid signing for them!
    Would be interesting to see if Abbeyfeale have signed/ lost any players.
    Anyone know how Askeaton are shaping up? Reckon they could give Division 1 a right lash this season, although I do fancy Carrig Celtic to come straight back up.
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard Carew best Ballingarry 4:1. Ballingarry only took in 9 players and the manager played. Loads missing due to hurling and work commitments. Was 1:1 at half time

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    They started with 10 ridiculous coming in with ten players should of cancelled the game when they knew what they had surely knew lads be working Thursday or Friday.
    Carew also with 9 players missing work and holidays had bare 11 two more came along at half time

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Went watching Newcastle West play against holycross from limerick league this afternoon. Newcastle had about 18 player togged out. Left with about 15 mins to go and Ncw were up 5-2 at that stage. Any friendlies on today or during the week?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They played the whole game with 10

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Bad enough ballingarry had only 10 players due other reasons but carew were at home and could brought B players or youth players to the match. Any other friendlies going on?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Carew don't have a B team or youth team

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ballingarry are suppose to have another one Thursday Fanaticfan but didn't hear who they are playing!

I presume there will be 4 games played the first two weeks Frifay Sunday Friday Sunday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Went watching Newcastle West play against holycross from limerick league this afternoon. Newcastle had about 18 player togged out. Left with about 15 mins to go and Ncw were up 5-2 at that stage. Any friendlies on today or during the week?
    Newcastle had about 18 togged? Fair play, could be dark horses yet... what kind of a team had they fanaticfan? Would Holycross be considered a decent team?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Not sure who most of them were to be honest but the ones i knew from watching down through the years were keith power, michael quilligan, that woods guy, ray cahill, sean cronin, tony quaid, that shaka guy who played for broadford, that yound downes fella who was desmond youths player of the year for two years, is it peter his name is or something. Dont know anything about holycross but they had a good strong striker up front.. is there any friendlies around the league where we could go and watch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Not sure who most of them were to be honest but the ones i knew from watching down through the years were keith power, michael quilligan, that woods guy, ray cahill, sean cronin, tony quaid, that shaka guy who played for broadford, that yound downes fella who was desmond youths player of the year for two years, is it peter his name is or something. Dont know anything about holycross but they had a good strong striker up front.. is there any friendlies around the league where we could go and watch?
    Keith Power's back? Some very good players there (even Rovers' Tony Quaid ) alot of attacking players there apart from Donnchadh Woods... looks like they can still attract players from different clubs though (Rathkeale, Carrig, Broadford).
    Although as i've said previously, it is only preseason & can't read too much into these matches.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Your right sexyfootball, I wouldn't get too excited about NCW, players are asked to come to games and then fade off after the first or second game.. BUT if they somehow all stay then they will be very strong, but keeping them is the problem, I remember Broadford couldn't get Shakka to play with them so how NCW will will be interesting. No surprise Tony Quaid is back with NCW either

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Any truth in rathkeale being in trouble preseason? Only 3 people turning up for training

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard they were in a bit of trouble alright. Think the chairman is managing the A's (forget his name) until they can find a manager, as no one step forward at the AGM. B's still don't have a manager last I heard. Realistically they should be ok considering it's a big town, B's did well last year and A's are usually challenging for the league. Would expect them to be well off the pace this season with the players they lost, the current bad organisation with no training etc. I think they have senior football this weekend so that could also be the reason to a lack of numbers at training

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just found out there that Ballingarry are playing Kildimo in Ballingarry at 7:15, be good match to see what Kildimo will be like for next year

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ballingarry 4:1 Kildimo. Both missing players but Ballingarry were far superior. Will be challenging for the league from what I have seen so far, could of won by much more

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Cillian O Connor signed for Newcastle west Rovers from Athea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Surprising if Rathkeale are struggling... they'll be fine before the start of the season i have no doubt plus as someone said above the GAA would be having a big effect on them.
    Ballingarry are a strange one, have some great players and can always threaten any team but need to be more consistent. In fairness they got to the last 8 in Munster last season! Wouldn't surprise me if they were there or there abouts at the end of the season if they signed a few more players.
    Who's that Cillian O'Connor; Newcastle West Rovers have signed lads? good player?
    Any local friendlies about in the next few days?

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any news from last nights delegate meeting? I know junior season starts on Friday, August 21st with premier and div 1 games with premier games also on Sunday, August 23rd and Sunday, August 30th. Youth starting on Saturday, August 22nd.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Most clubs are at nothing playing friendly matchs , clubs have players playing hurling and football at this time of the year and it will be difficult get players for opening league games not to mind friendly matches, a heavily populated area like ncw might get away with it but with football this weekend and hurling the following weekend it's only causing unneccesary grief for players

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast