Thread: Athlone target French striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Athlone target French striker

Athlone target French striker

December 4, 2004

Athlone Town manager Stephen Kelly has revealed that he will be holding discussions with French striker Damien Dupuy regarding a possible move to St Mel’s Park in the New Year – but admitted that he was not confident the deal would go through.

Dupuy made several ripples in the First Division pool after joining Galway United midway through last season.

The 25-year-old, who had been working in a restaurant in Limerick prior to joining the tribesmen in June, scored 13 times in 16 games to become the club’s top scorer for the season.

However, his contract at Terryland Park has expired and despite returning to France after the end of the eircom League season, he could be on the look-out for a new club back in these parts after Christmas.

On that front, Athlone are leading the hunt for his signature, but a deal is still some way off.

Midlanders manager Kelly told the Westmeath Independent: “I spoke to Damien but he’s back in France at moment. He said that he’ll speak to me after Christmas if I’m still interested but although I expressed serious interest in bringing him here, I don’t know how likely a deal is. Put it this way, I think I’ve more realistic targets at this moment and I intend, anyway, to have my squad fully together before Christmas."
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    God love them, you'd feel sorry for Athlone! No actually.... you wouldn't!!
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum