Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: LOI Week 15 fixtures June 5th - 9th

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Derry will stick with Pizza because they know he's doing a rebuilding job. Heary is too but Sligo have shown they'll make tough decisions if things aren't going right. I think they'll give him the season anyway.
    Dont bank on us sticking with Pizza

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Rumours doing the rounds that Heary has been sacked. Rico to replace him!
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Looks like Heary is gone

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Whatever decision is made I'm sure Owen will move on to bigger and better things.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    A lot of talk on Twitter that he has been sacked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    I wonder what it means for the lads on loan at Harps. Would assume they're still going back, but any potential new manager might be willing to have them stay on until the end of the season.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Yep. Heary has been sacked. A lot of genuine goodwill towards him when he was appointed but , frankly, he has been a disaster and totally out of his depth. Rico seems to be the hot fav to succeed and that deal will be self financing - programme sales will take care of his wages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    Yep. Heary has been sacked. A lot of genuine goodwill towards him when he was appointed but , frankly, he has been a disaster and totally out of his depth. Rico seems to be the hot fav to succeed and that deal will be self financing - programme sales will take care of his wages.
    But printing costs will also go up - he'll need a couple more pages...

Heary is a fckin minnow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Question for Sligo fans.

What exactly was the reason for Barraclough’s sacking in mid 2014? He won the league in 2012, Cup in 2013 and the Setanta Cup a month or so before he was sacked. It can’t have been down to the poor league form in 2014, or possible long shot at making Europe that season? If it was, do you think that was justifiable reasons for sacking him? Given recent events, making that change seems like a really drastic move now.

Just on Heary, if this was widely accepted as a transition year for Sligo, should they have backed him for a bit longer, or was there no sign of any change in fortunes? It was clear this season Mid Table would have been their limit, then again I suppose last Friday didnt help his cause much.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    A team in transition from being top half to relegation fodder. i'd presume the Sligo board would have been happy enough if Sligo were looking safe,accepting poor results too due to a rebuilding process but not at the risk of relegation as they are currently. I think it is a wise move as much as I generally dislike trigger happy club boards. Would have been ideal for Croly if timing has suited. I'd love to see Tom Mohan have a pop at LoI if he'd leave his FAI position and with Sligo being close enough to home.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    A team in transition from being top half to relegation fodder. i'd presume the Sligo board would have been happy enough if Sligo were looking safe,accepting poor results too due to a rebuilding process but not at the risk of relegation as they are currently. I think it is a wise move as much as I generally dislike trigger happy club boards. Would have been ideal for Croly if timing has suited. I'd love to see Tom Mohan have a pop at LoI if he'd leave his FAI position and with Sligo being close enough to home.
    Know Tom quite well myself an absoulte gent a fantastic coach above anything else but I'd say he's very happy and quite comfortable with the job he has now and I know from talking to him he doesn't follow the LOI as closely as you might think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Agreed that he is quite settled in his current job, I think he would be great new addition to the LoI managerial merry go round. Seriously though I do think he would be a top manager if the notion took him. He may not follow LoI as in the soap opera version but he definitively knows in detail the young lads to watch and those that he believes will really cut it in due course.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    Haha Nigel you are a gas man. Coming up with any excuse. Look at our injury list. We have our 2nd striker up front who has 1 league goal for us in a season. 2 right backs in centre mid. A left winger playing left back. And a keeper who made his senior debut tonight.
    Harps are a filthy team. Tagbo done nothing but lash out at our centre backs all night, but im sure you will disagree with me, and blame us. He should of been sent off for swinging an elbow at Shortall.
    Anyways 3 deserved points, and beat Wexford tuesday and we are 7 off top. Long way to go yet.
    Who are the fullbacks, I don't see any in the midfield on that lineup
    D Doyle LW, Chindea, Burke, Purdy
    S O'Connor G Coughlan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Question for Sligo fans.

What exactly was the reason for Barraclough’s sacking in mid 2014? He won the league in 2012, Cup in 2013 and the Setanta Cup a month or so before he was sacked. It can’t have been down to the poor league form in 2014, or possible long shot at making Europe that season? If it was, do you think that was justifiable reasons for sacking him? Given recent events, making that change seems like a really drastic move now.

Just on Heary, if this was widely accepted as a transition year for Sligo, should they have backed him for a bit longer, or was there no sign of any change in fortunes? It was clear this season Mid Table would have been their limit, then again I suppose last Friday didnt help his cause much.
    The Barraclough situation was always a bit strange. Lots of people felt he won the league with Cooks team (true and all that it is but Cook never won the League of Ireland with his team) and he never got the true credit he deserved for it. Always rumours that he didn't get on with board members and they were waiting for some sort of downturn in form to get rid of him and the cup defeat in Oriel last year they felt they should get rid. Brought in The Mitchell Brothers to basically get rid of most of our squad (Aaron Greene didn't want to leave this time but was still turfed out and it's great to see him doing so well at Pats now). Absolute madness if you ask me and you reap what you sow really.

With regards to Heary it was regarded a transition year fair enough but even still I think most people would have had us predicted to finish 5th this year at the start of the year. We're currently 13 points off fifth and showing no sort of form that might see us pushed up the table. The defence shambles on Friday night was probably the last straw. We're in a relegation battle and I wouldn't have too much faith in Heary getting us out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Question for Sligo fans.

A lot of fans didn't like his style of football and say the league winning team as Cook's team. He made some poor signings too which is undeniable but then again there is some questions over weather he had full control of who was signed. The chairman at the time panicked going against many on the management committee to let him see out the season when he saw a decline in gates as fans voted with their feet. But by their nature fans in general as fickle as fack. Many SR fans who wanted IB out will justify the decision and point to European results while those who felt he should have seen out the season will point out the continuing decline of the club. While not widely liked by a lot of players at the time Gerry Carrs departure is where the decline began.

On Heary. A few fruit cakes thought SR would get European football but I don't think that was ever possible, mid table would be acceptable but getting involved in a relegation dog fight and that performance in Tallaght is totally unacceptable to all.
    Last edited by Sean South; 08/06/2015 at 12:19 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Far as I know, the issue with Croly wasn't timing but the fact he was unwilling to give up his job to take over. Which I suppose is understandable given it's a good job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Aaron Greene didn't want to leave this time but was still turfed out and it's great to see him doing so well at Pats now). Absolute madness if you ask me and you reap what you sow really.
    Greene couldn't wait to get out. Everything he told the media in the aftermath of his departure was manure.

The Baraclough issue has been done to death. We were going nowhere under him in 2013/14 and Coleman and the MC did a great job in getting rid of the deadwood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    Greene couldn't wait to get out. Everything he told the media in the aftermath of his departure was manure.

The Baraclough issue has been done to death. We were going nowhere under him in 2013/14 and Coleman and the MC did a great job in getting rid of the deadwood.
    Yeah that's worked out really well for us hasn't it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Yeah that's worked out really well for us hasn't it
    If you're speaking financially, then ya it went pretty well for a while. Keeping Aaron Greene or Ian Baraclough wouldn't have made things any better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Briuk View Post
    Who are the fullbacks, I don't see any in the midfield on that lineup
    D Doyle LW, Chindea, Burke, Purdy
    S O'Connor G Coughlan
    Doyle was left back. Quigley played centre mid. And Robbie Gaul went centre mid after a while.
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast