Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Week 15 fixtures June 5th - 9th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Never said playing players out of position is an injury list Nigel. I said look at our injury list. Then went in to tell you we had a few of players playing out of position.
    And I'm sorry, but if you can't see that Tagbo is filthy, you are deluded. He threw an elbow for gods sake.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    This is great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Hard to see how Heary can't organise a defence properly seeing as he was such a class defender. Yet another game where we gave away multiple simple goals to the opposition. He must have been happy with what he was seeing out there seeing as he made only one change during the game and never changed the shape of the team once. Shams weren't even that good. Just kept having goals handed to them.

Dead Man Walking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Nigel will never be let set foot in the midlands again at this rate

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Cheer up nigel apparently you got a draw after all. Must have been some amount of injury time!

http://twitter.com/AthloneTownFC/sta...41838672162816
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Meant to post up last night. That was a nice tribute by the shed lads in the oriel park last night to the Pats fan Hanno who sadly passed away earlier in the week. Nice touch guys.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

7. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Good win for us last night, and coupled with bohs win over dundalk, it keeps things interesting at the top with dundalk potentially only being 6 ahead of us should they win their game in hand. Long way to go yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    . 2 right backs in centre mid. A left winger playing left back. And a keeper who made his senior debut tonight.
    In fairness Quigley has played in centre midfield many a time - even going back as far as his days at Pats - I would not consider him in there as a handicap in any way whatsoever.

Doyle has also played at left back quite a lot, for UCD, for Shels, for Pats also I think and for Athlone last season on occasion too I think? Again, I would not see this as a handicap in anyway either -

Would not consider either of those two as players playing out of position

Where were Cusack and Hand?

Harps are filthy though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Athlone were set up to frustrate us. .
    From seeing Harps this season and from seeing comments on social media from opposition fans Harps set up to do the same in majority of there games....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDoc View Post
    In fairness Quigley has played in centre midfield many a time - even going back as far as his days at Pats - I would not consider him in there as a handicap in any way whatsoever.

Doyle has also played at left back quite a lot, for UCD, for Shels, for Pats also I think and for Athlone last season on occasion too I think? Again, I would not see this as a handicap in anyway either -

Would not consider either of those two as players playing out of position

Where were Cusack and Hand?

Harps are filthy though
    Cusack has been released

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Harps do set up as a team to make it hard to score against us. Don' think that is such a bad confession. Chelski have done it all season.

Lets not get too precious about players behaviour. Longford and Harps players at times tryied to get at each other to draw a reaction or influence the Ref in both games - one of our lads took the bait.
    Was talking to Harps players today. None complained about the result. There was (good humoured) chat about two of the Athlone defenders constantly verbally and physically trying to get Wilfried to react & do something foolish. In fact at one point Athlone midfielder told him "to just ignore it" .
    Nothing particularly offensive was said or done- just usual constant niggling.
    One of the attempts by Athlone player at a corner was admittedly very humorous.
    I have no doubt some of our lads were probably doing what they could to get an advantage.
    Its the way it goes. Big 3 points for Athlone.
    Last edited by cheifo; 06/06/2015 at 11:22 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Swaninho's son alright. Derek's one of his biggest fans too.

10 goals this season so far. 15 is our record - Kilduff and Mick O'Byrne.
    I saw him a couple of times early in the season and I thought he was just there to make up the numbers. If he's that good I doubt he'll be in the First Division for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Hard to see how Heary can't organise a defence properly seeing as he was such a class defender. Yet another game where we gave away multiple simple goals to the opposition. He must have been happy with what he was seeing out there seeing as he made only one change during the game and never changed the shape of the team once. Shams weren't even that good. Just kept having goals handed to them.

Dead Man Walking.
    Is Peers fit? He looks a shell of the player I'd have bit your arm off to have at Rovers a couple of years back. Sligo have a real problem - they look good until they concede a goal and then they just seem to lose all belief. We really weren't all that good, but that's the kind of game we'd have drawn a couple of months ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    It has been said that Heary at Sligo & Hutton at Derry are on 2yr contracts. If true does that not present both clubs with a huge problem if they feel a change is necessary?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Derry will stick with Pizza because they know he's doing a rebuilding job. Heary is too but Sligo have shown they'll make tough decisions if things aren't going right. I think they'll give him the season anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifo View Post
    Harps do set up as a team to make it hard to score against us. Don' think that is such a bad confession. Chelski have done it all season.

Lets not get too precious about players behaviour. Longford and Harps players at times tryied to get at each other to draw a reaction or influence the Ref in both games - one of our lads took the bait.
    Was talking to Harps players today. None complained about the result. There was (good humoured) chat about two of the Athlone defenders constantly verbally and physically trying to get Wilfried to react & do something foolish. In fact at one point Athlone midfielder told him "to just ignore it" .
    Nothing particularly offensive was said or done- just usual constant niggling.
    One of the attempts by Athlone player at a corner was admittedly very humorous.
    I have no doubt some of our lads were probably doing what they could to get an advantage.
    Its the way it goes. Big 3 points for Athlone.
    We never tried to draw a reaction from Harps, it was your players who surrounded match officials time after time like a pack of rats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    We never tried to draw a reaction from Harps, it was your players who surrounded match officials time after time like a pack of rats.
    Just like the longford players did in Bray on friday to make sure McGlynn got sent off (he deserved to walk). EVERYONE does it now it's become a part of the game and its rotten

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey View Post
    Just like the longford players did in Bray on friday to make sure McGlynn got sent off (he deserved to walk). EVERYONE does it now it's become a part of the game and its rotten
    a coupe of players in close proximity to the tackle may have appealed for a red card but when Harps do it literally the entire outfield dive straight for the ref, it's vicious and horrible to see

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Swaninho's son alright. Derek's one of his biggest fans too.

10 goals this season so far. 15 is our record - Kilduff and Mick O'Byrne.
    First saw Swanny play when he lined out with my lad at Tolka Rovers schoolboys.
    Always had goals in him, and has a bit of pace too.
    Not sure how far he can go, but wherever he ends up, and hopefully it is at a high level, he deserves it, as he is a very dedicated young lad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Do packs of rats surround things, is all I'm left wondering?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    a coupe of players in close proximity to the tackle may have appealed for a red card but when Harps do it literally the entire outfield dive straight for the ref, it's vicious and horrible to see
    That's genuinely hilarious. Cheers for that.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast