Thread: are city running out of steam?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

are city running out of steam?

are city running out of steam?

another two points dropped and it is obvious confidence has been more affected by the loss to UCD in the league at dec than we thought. i think that defeat has seriously affected us since

certainly our leagues hopes are vanquished and at this stage we would be doing well for a top three finish.

moreover let's hope ollie and der and napier do sign new contracts
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: are city running out of steam?

Originally posted by dalo
    another two points dropped and it is obvious confidence has been more affected by the loss to UCD in the league at dec than we thought.
    By reading your post, I doubt you were at the game dalo.
    I think most of us felt after the game that it was a point won rather than two points dropped. The wind was such that a freaky goal could have denied us even that point as Longford played lond balls out of defence with the wind. Take nothing away from Longford, they defended well and earned the draw. The game itself was short of clear cut chances. The wind made any high ball unpredictable and rain made the surface very slippery. Players who stood out were Derek, Hoggie, Bucks, Napier and the new boy Mulconroy (Sp?) did well when he came on. They all played very well and had plenty "steam". Nobody did much wrong and it would be unfair to criticise. Once again everything was in order at Flancare Park although the announcement that Mooney had replaced C P O'Brien may have confused some. I have to say it gave ourselves and Mooney a laugh. Thanks to the players for acknowleding the travelling support as they left the pitch.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No Peader I wasn't at the game but thanks for the report. God knows I be a while waiting for some news from RTE or the papers.

When I saw the result I was dissappinted to see the draw as I felt this was a great chance to push into the top three. Alas we didn't and agian our failure to beat average teams has cost us a nother title.

What is even more galling is to see Shams doing well in the cup. It should have been us but we shot oursleves in the foot in that game aswell.

Bohs at home next week. That will be very tough indeed
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Season catching up on us.

Yeah I think the draw was a fair enough reflection on a game played in difficult circumstances although city had most of the play in the 2nd half as Longford became less ambitious as the game wore on.

Derek had a mighty game against Lavine but I thinkt he game proved that went Ollie has a bad one we can't perform.

The loss to UCD & draws with Monaghan & Longford have put huge pressure on a win at Bohs next week. We're 6 behind $hel$ but since we not going to win on goal difference might as well be 7 points. Need to win all home game from now to the endwhich we can do on our day.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!