Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Away support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Best Away support

I think Pats were the best visiting fans to the Cross this year. simply because they brought more than 50. very strange that away support was so low this year.

Who was the best to visit your grounds?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Shels - Wasnt at the first home match but second one (when we won 4-1) they had a great atmosphere but a few scumbags let them down.
    Cork - Didnt bring many, but 1 of the games was midweek.
    Bohs - Always bring a good crowd but there is a bad element in them.
    Drogs - Good support apart from Monday night. Dont think there was 1 there
    Waterford - Terrible. 3 or 4 at most
    Derry - Brilliant. There is always very few of them but they make some noise
    Pats - Probably the best. Brought 150ish down twice and dont think they caused any trouble with a good atmosphere.
    Rovers - The less said the better.
    Dublin City - Crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I didn't make it to much games this year so I missed Bray and Harps. All the away support were lame at the games I was at. I guess I'd give it to the 5 or so Limerick fans who turned up to a horrible rain soaked game a month ago for their sheer dedication.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    I didn't make it to much games this year so I missed Bray and Harps. All the away support were lame at the games I was at. I guess I'd give it to the 5 or so Limerick fans who turned up to a horrible rain soaked game a month ago for their sheer dedication.
    Belfield is is bit bleak though be honest! i suppose you'll have a greater away support to worry about in the premier.

i'm looking forward to visiting the magnificent AIB stand next season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Belfield is is bit bleak though be honest! i suppose you'll have a greater away support to worry about in the premier.

i'm looking forward to visiting the magnificent AIB stand next season!
    We have being outnumbered by other Dublin clubs to look forward too. Will we be able to say the same about the best supported club in Ireland?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We have being outnumbered by other Dublin clubs to look forward too. Will we be able to say the same about the best supported club in Ireland?
    we've had great away support this year. 2-300 at most games in dublin and drogheda and over 1000 in tolka and waterford recently

lets not forget the 500+ we brought to France!

you'll hear us alright!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    we've had great away support this year. 2-300 at most games in dublin and drogheda and over 1000 in tolka and waterford recently

lets not forget the 500+ we brought to France!

you'll hear us alright!
    I'll be looking forward to our games with ye, we have a bit of heat between us with that U-21 game and of course we put you out of the FAI Cup too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'll be looking forward to our games with ye, we have a bit of heat between us with that U-21 game and of course we put you out of the FAI Cup too.
    UCD have been a pain in the arse for years! we are going great and then loose to UCD! our bogey team for sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I guess I'd give it to the 5 or so Limerick fans who turned up
    I'm not questioning the Limerick fans' dedication, but Drogheda brought about 1,500 so I'll give it to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student
    I'm not questioning the Limerick fans' dedication, but Drogheda brought about 1,500 so I'll give it to them.
    Like I said I got to very few games and none of the big ones so I'm not going to make things up. Btw, how many did Cork bring for the 3rd round? I thought I saw a comment somewhere here to the effect that it wasn't much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Derry City fans.............they are amazin!
    Cork are good also good noise colour (egos )
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Not many teams brought fans in Div 1. I'd give it to Harps-consistantly fantastic support, they brought so much people and colour with them.

Dundalk brought a good few but they seemed a bit troublesome.
    UCD also brought a few and made a bit of noise but I'd have to give it to Harps.

I have to say that we made a good bit of noise wherever we went but there was'nt always much of us. We will be well outnumbered next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shels brought a load for the last match of the season against us but you'd expect that. Anyway, they lose brownie points for that godawful "Woah-oh-oh" rain dance chant of theirs.

Derry generally come out on top in the decibels-per-capita stakes. Equally, Bohs come out at the bottom, they always come in droves but can't bring themselves to break their vow of silence except for when they score.

However, Rovers are consistently the noisiest away fans in Richmond in terms of general atmosphere and surreal 10-minute renditions of songs that have absolutely nothing to do with football (i.e. Build Me Up Buttercup, Love Is In The Air, etc). At one point I texted a Rovers mate of mine to see if they did requests but they weren't having any of it.
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Shels-Alot of kids but still a great athmospere,they all join in,looked good as well as sounded good.Never stoped singing even when losing 4-1
    Cork-Not a whole lot of them but always made themselves heard and seen.Was impressed when 20 or so of them came up on a tuesday night and stood together for the whole match singing(even the auld ones)
    Bohs-as Dr.Nightdub said,they bring numbers but are rarely very loud,
    Drogheda-Good in the semi-final(obviously) but was particularly dissapointed when they brought a grand total of 3 to the LAST match of the season
    Waterford-Generally crap
    Derry-Class act and are always appreciated in the flansiro.Drumming is something else and they never cause trouble
    Pats-Wasnt at either of the pats games at home but are usually good.Funny how our games against pats are usualy good,we played them 6 times last year and i was at all of them,yet this year i only made it to one and i was a 0-0 draw.
    Rovers-Fairly good,one of the better sets of fans for making an athmosphere,always bring good numbers but unfortunately alot of them have usually been ejected from the ground by half time.
    Dublin City-They've one big mad fella with a huge drum.But thats all tey have so crap is the verdict
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Harps alway bring 3-400 to The Showgrounds

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    without a shadow of a doubt it is derry city.everytime they come to longford they make so much noise and you can always hear their "red and white army" chant over the telly and listen to this for dedication.i was staying witjh a friend inb drumcondra and decided to go to the derry dublin city game on a thursday night and they brought easily 50 fans with them on a thursday to watch dublin city.
    Copperknob!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What ever about the best the biggest let downs for me were Rovers who usually bring a bigger crowd and Waterford who had very poor numbers for their nearest game.
    Oh no not them again

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SÓC
    What ever about the best the biggest let downs for me were Rovers who usually bring a bigger crowd and Waterford who had very poor numbers for their nearest game.
    Nobody in Waterford works normal hours bar teachers and civil servants. They are all on bloody shifts. Maybe the Blues regulars were on nights those weeks and could not make it to the Cross?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Like I said I got to very few games and none of the big ones so I'm not going to make things up. Btw, how many did Cork bring for the 3rd round? I thought I saw a comment somewhere here to the effect that it wasn't much.
    Very disappointing crowd for a Cup game. To be fair it was on a Wednesday.
    To give you an impression of it, they brought more to the Under 21 Cup Final But that was played on a Sunday.

Honourable mention must go to Bray for bringing the biggest League travelling support to Belfield... ah Derby games you cannot beat them

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Wait til the Harps get at yeez next season, with our brilliant travelling army!!

Look out for our wonderful flag display - coming soon to an eL ground near you
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast