Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The cup is back

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    That 'tackle' happened right in front of me. The Harps player went through Simon to try and get the ball. Shocking challenge. He had no intention to win the ball, only to do damage. The way the Harps players swarmed the ref after KOC challenge was a disgrace. Harps were always a tough side but that team Friday night were the dirtiest I've ever seen us play. As for the manager....
    Last edited by Town Legend; 31/05/2015 at 6:52 AM.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    That 'tackle' happened right in front of me. The Harps player went through Simon to try and get the ball. Shocking challenge. He had no intention to win the ball, only to do damage. The way the Harps players swarmed the ref after KOC challenge was a disgrace. Harps were always a tough side but that team Friday night were the dirtiest I've ever seen us play. As for the manager....
    Spot on they swarmed the referee like a pack of rats and that set the tempo for what was a vicious game of football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    How can you possibly say he had no intention to win the ball? Of course he intended to win the ball...which he done.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    How can you possibly say he had no intention to win the ball? Of course he intended to win the ball...which he done.
    Mother of Christ

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    He went in to do damage plain and simple. Simon had the ball and had his back to the Harps player who went through him to get the ball. Coming from behind, two footed taking the player out of it to 'win the ball' is a straight red the world over. It was a dirty tackle of the highest order and as soon as it happened the ref was reaching for his back pocket. Harps came down to kick and hack down the Town players and they surely did that. As one elderly Town fan was leaving the ground he shouted in that they were a disgrace to football. I couldn't of agreed more.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    You're some craic you lot. I miss the older generation of Longford fans who used to have a bit of sense.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Come back to us and try and defend him when you see the video of the so called 'clean tackle'!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    jesus lads will you calm down
    yes there were lots of hard tackles but it's a contact sport I thought Harps deserved a draw over the 90 minutes, I don't think anyone set out to break up anybody, but in a 50/50 chance I don't blame anyone getting stuck into the opposition, in fact I wish longford would show a bit more aggression.
    all games in my opinion have a sway from one team to the other and when the balance shifts to the opposition you need guys to be hard to get control of the game again,
    I'm not saying plough into every challange and break people up but you need to let them know your there and it won't be easy for them, obviously mistakes will be made but that's football
    I thought the Harps number 7 standing on Skinner was far more deserving of a red card, that to my eyes was far more cynical than a guy commiting to a full on tackle, even if it was a tad late but he did win the ball which is what he I'm sure intended in the first place

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Town website check out picture 18. Anyway I'm sure the disciplinary panel will decide whether it was reckless or not if he gets suspended. The good point about the replay is Cousins gets to sit out his suspension tonight and will be back on the line for the more important league game in Bray on Friday. Horgan might not have to serve his suspension until the weekend will he? Cousins got sent off against Rovers but it was the second league game before he sat it out.

Come on Nigel, I'm only winding you up. To me he didn't win the ball cleanly, it looked to me he took Simon first then the ball. To you, he won it clearly. We'll agree to disagree and move on to tonight.

Reslistically I can see quite a few changes tonight for us with maybe Willie, Jamie, Lorcan, Conor P and Davy getting starts for us. Tonight might be too soon for Don. Hopefully we'll nick a win but I'm more concerned about getting 3 points from what will be a tricky trip to Bray.
    Last edited by Town Legend; 01/06/2015 at 8:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts

We've the makings of a good caption competition here.

14. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post

You promised to vote yes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post

18250296746_b11dc3eedf_z.jpg

"We love you Ollie...we do"

Our photographer is better than yours.
    Last edited by nigel-harps1954; 01/06/2015 at 10:38 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Picture 18 is the one where Simon was hacked down! But that's a good pic of the header Horgan! I'd say Harps v Waterford would be some craic with himself and Roderick on the sideline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    It's funny, because he's been very mellow this season so far..

To be honest, I prefer the way he is to a manager that just sits on the bench and doesn't say a word. He's the most passionate football man I've ever met in my life and has an incredible encyclopedic knowledge of almost every single player, coach and team in this league, as well as a huge number of players across the water. It's a real education chatting to the fella.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    At least if there's any boring 0-0 he'll provide plenty of entertainment. He showed great restraint not to put his fist through the dugout at one stage. Martin Russell could take a leaf out of his book!

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    Thankfully, we're only negative and boring away from home. Finn Parks been a great spot for us this season...suppose he's no need to go mental when we're top of the league.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Will the game go ahead this evening Nigel? Heavy rain down here and high winds expected later. Are ye escaping it up there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Will the game go ahead this evening Nigel? Heavy rain down here and high winds expected later. Are ye escaping it up there?
    There's a good bit of rain, but pitch is in great nick and it's unlikely to be called off. There's meant to be a pitch inspection around 5 or 6, but it's around 90% definitely going ahead unless the rain and wind gets awfully bad altogether.

This picture was taken half an hour ago.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Thankfully, we're only negative and boring away from home. Finn Parks been a great spot for us this season...suppose he's no need to go mental when we're top of the league.
    Or is that just the Dublin media 😂

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast