Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gaa 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Really and truly whats being on offer in the football up to now has been muck - its really starts next weekend and from now on - there will be two tight games i think next weekend

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    I don't really know about the reffing yesterday. Arrived at half time in the 1st match and put the hex on Kildare, jesus they were awful. The last time I saw something so horrific Jodie Foster was in a pool hall.

Fermanagh were a couple of years short of really getting past Dublin. Great match. I have no issue with the ref, he was a bit off, but he's from Kerry, too many related ancestors does that to you. Loved the rise in energy when suddenly there was something put up to Dublin. The screen operator deserves an oscar! Right after the goal he put an evil, laughing Quigley up on the screen, then Dublin scored the goal (I think) and the place erupted! No complaints about it, Fermanagh's players and fans were a credit to the GAA and I was so proud to be there.

And one thing, if the umpire had the knackers to call the ref, and the ref had the knackers to listen to him, how much of a scumbag does that make that absolute cheating tramp from Armagh who denied one of the great Leinster wins in 2010! Regardless of the cheating Meath team and their equally low life county board, the ref should have been made a eunuch for his cowardly act.
    http://www.championat.com/bets/artic...r-week-16.html

Giving the Russians a weekly taste of our glorious LOI!

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    Fix your crystal ball
    I'll stick to the ball to feet for a while. Don't think anyone expected either result to work out like they did. Without labelling it a 'shock' weekend, they were completely unexpected outcomes really.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Get over it - ye won - The ref cost us an all ireland final place last year and there wasn't a word about it!!!
    Ya kidding? There was murder about it. Cormac Reilly should never have reffed an intercounty game again after last year.

Yes we won, but imagine if we didn't. Imagine losing by a point and that "goal" being the difference.

Mistakes happen and referees aren't perfect and that's all part of the game. But that was absolutely beyond acceptable from a "top-level" ref.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I'll stick to the ball to feet for a while. Don't think anyone expected either result to work out like they did. Without labelling it a 'shock' weekend, they were completely unexpected outcomes really.
    Except the Donegal result. The smart money was on them all week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Yes we won, but imagine if we didn't. Imagine losing by a point and that "goal" being the difference.
    That would have been brilliant.

Bonnie you sound like the Cork County Board.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/080...i-final-place/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    That would have been brilliant.

Bonnie you sound like the Cork County Board.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/080...i-final-place/
    Now now. That was an absolutely mental statement from the CCB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Now now. That was an absolutely mental statement from the CCB.
    Important bits in bold.

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    The arrogance is just leaking out of that statement. Cork make it so, so easy to hate them.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    A few big things came out of the q/f games for me.

1) Perfect setting for Tommy Walsh to be re-introduced. First touch of the ball was an Aussie-Rules style catch clean above everyone, nice lay-off and Kerry score. Resulting kick-out, catches ball above everyone else, Kerry free, Kerry goal. He couldn't have asked for a better time to come back. He'll have a role to play at some stage in September.

2) I'm less worried about the Kerry defence than I was this time last year. Enright has turned into a very good, very tough defender, and I'll be eagerly waiting for him to face either McManus or MacCurry in the Semi. Paul Murphy too.

3) I was at the back of the Nally, and wasn't going to hang around for the second game (5 kids are taxing) but the rain held off so watched about the first 30 mins of the game. I was very impressed by Fermanagh. It's almost perverse to be lauding them when they were picked apart at times, but I think they may have shown how to cope with Dublin. I say that with a giant asterix beside it because Dublin did score some pretty easy points and goal, but I haven't seen Dublin be as frustrated at times during a game this year. It was very obvious that Fermanagh were quite happy to retain possession unless a really good scoring opportunity presented itself. Ironically the first time they took a risky option, the pass was poor, the ball turned over, and ended with Brogan sticking it in the net. Having not seen much of them I was expecting a dirty behind the ball approach with plenty of fist passing, but jesus they utilised the short and medium kick pass really well, and opened up Dublin between the 40's repeatedly.
    What killed them was the physicality - and not necessarily tackling - some of the Fermanagh lads looked like fodder compared to the marker.

4) Donegal are goosed. Yeah they won, and won well in the end, but they are not the team they were. I can see Mayo giving them a thumping to be honest.

5)Galway were what a Galway team under Kevin Walsh was always going to be, and I think we'll see this Galway side come on in the next 2/3 seasons and threaten the big 4.

6) I love watching this Kerry team attack. I've been fortunate to see the 96-2003 Kerry side; the 2004-2011 side; and now this side.
    The 96 version was more a group of players that worked very hard and leaned on some Fitzy magic, some Cinneide free-taking and excellent defence. Tactically clueless, but got us out of a slump before falling back into a slump. I've less time for Paidi because he definitely caused us to lose 1 All-Ireland, while he was atrocious facing Micko in 98.
    My man-love for Jack O'Connor is on record. He has never got the respect he deserved in Kerry, and from his work at underage, to colleges, and then to the Senior team, and back again to underage is mental. He got a serious group of younger players and worked out a way to make it work. That was a team I grew up with so to speak, and watching them win back-to-back was great.
    My only regret is that they didn't beat Tyrone in 08. That was one that got away for sure.

However this team I just love watching them play. Each and everyone of them is a footballer. They play like there is zero pressure on them, and some of the football they play is amazing. That they ecked out an All-Ireland last year was incredible. If they win one again in the next couple of years, great, but we'll see.
    Some of the criticism over the style of play last year in the final really irked me. They kept two players behind the half-way out of necessity, but there was no lack of skill shown once the ball was recycled. Their foot-passing and accurate distribution of the ball from foot is what won last year's All-Ireland, isn't that supposed to be a tenet of the sport?
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Monaghan to beat Tyrone by a few points and in the other game - i just cant see Mayo beating Donegal - like is going to mark Murphy when he goes in full forward? .... and the 2 McGee's will watch O'Shea .... Donegal by 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Monaghan to beat Tyrone by a few points and in the other game - i just cant see Mayo beating Donegal - like is going to mark Murphy when he goes in full forward? .... and the 2 McGee's will watch O'Shea .... Donegal by 2
    It's Michael Murphy
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I've flip-flopped all week about these two games. There's a sparrow's fart between the lot of them.

I re-watched last weeks games again on Wednesday night and I think that I will be calling it for Tyrone by two and a draw between Donegal and Mayo. Donegal's second half last week was brilliant.

Either way I'll be in there soon enough pint in hand!

Tír Eoghain abú!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Oh well - i give up on the crystal ball stuff as well .....

Only for Murphy yestarday .... it would have being a hammering! Tyrone are a very cute team and Monaghan cant handle them big time - they must hate the sight of Tyrone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    All kicking off about McCann. The CCCC are morons for going down this road.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by RTÉ
    Joe Brolly has described the proposed eight-week suspension for Tyrone footballer Tiernan McCann as "unlawful", given that simulation is only a yellow card offence under GAA rules.
    McCann dropped to the ground after Monaghan's Darren Hughes appeared to ruffle his hair during the sides' All-Ireland SFC quarter-final last Sunday. Hughes was sent off for the incident.
    The GAA's Central Competitions Control Committee is understood to have proposed an eight-week suspension for 'misconduct that is considered to have discredited the Association' but RTÉ analyst Brolly, who is a barrister, has slammed that decision, saying it exceeds the punishment provided for diving.
    Brolly wrote on Twitter: "My view is the use of the specific provision is illegal. The law of statutory interpretation applies to any rule. The lawmaker (Congress) has created a specific offence of simulation with a specific penalty (yellow card).
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brolly
    @PhilipJordan7 Tyrone have not been charged for this advice
    — Joe Brolly (@JoeBrolly1993) August 12, 2015
    "Tiernan's only offence, as a matter of law, is simulation, since the lawmaker is presumed to mean what he says. If this were not so, then the disrepute provision could be used to override any offence, perverse though that would be. So, for example, a striking offence could be charged as disrepute.
    "The decision is therefore unlawful. It is a manipulation of the law to punish Tiernan more severely than the law allows.
    "The central point is that feigning is feigning. The penalty is a yellow card. How can any single act of feigning be worse? The point of the rule is to create certainty for the player & the GAA. If misconduct can override it the rule is worthless."
    Brolly concluded: "The case is most certainly headed for the DRA."
    McCann is expected to seek a personal hearing.
    The eight-week ban, the minimum allowed for a misconduct charge, would rule him out of the All-Ireland semi-final against Kerry and the final, should Tyrone qualify.
    Mickey Harte has already defended his player describing him as a fine young man and said he wasn't entirely to blame for the incident.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/081...iernan-mccann/

---

Indeed QC, indeed.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Throw the book at those cynical tyrone cavemen, they deserve it even if the law doesn't support it Throw bile by the bucked, at those dastardly cowards who just deliberately goad good honest players into acts of indiscipline and who at every age level, methodically attempt to impose their carefully constructed cynical tactics into the game. Even when they played Tipperary, when things weren't going Tyrone's way, they goaded the usually placid Tipp men into a reaction around half time.
    You had none of this systematic cynical crap in any other (Tyrone free) Ulster championship game.

Marty purported to have seen the incident (was staring right at it), swallowed hook line and sinker, the Tyroneman's dramatics and took a decision to sent off the Monaghan man. Therefore it was the bold Marty who brought the game into some form of disrepute by not officiating the incident properly at the time. Why would the McCann dive be any different from the other Tyrone dives? a theatrical dive yet again from that rascal, captain superman Cavanagh and McAliskey's dive? The difference is that Marty saw the McCann incident, made the wrong decision and it was his wrong decision which transformed a simulation offense into an incident which supposedly brought the game into disrepute.
    So it's Marty who should be in the dock.
    Even the Tyrone sideline crew got into the act on saturday, with middle age mentors (fat unruly unshaven féckers) running up to McManus as he was taking a free kick near the sideline, shouting into his ear. And one of those sideline mentors was the same guy who was found guilty of starting a brawl (on video evidence) in their ist rd championship game against Donegal.
    Pundits (lazily) remarked on that half time incident, said one side are just as bad as the other. But the acute observer will always spot the Tyrone aggravation/aggressor which sparks a conflict.

19. Thanks From:

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Good on the GAA here, pity the football authorities wouldn't dish out a few similar bans on diving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Good on the GAA here, pity the football authorities wouldn't dish out a few similar bans on diving.
    Pity they don't drag Michael Shields and James O'Donoghue in as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    If they're going to do someone for off-the-ball gougery or bringing the game into disrepute, stick Philly McMahon on top of that list.

<awaits bonniedubs rebuke>
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Pity they don't drag Michael Shields and James O'Donoghue in as well.
    Irrelevant to the McCann discussion.

They should have been pulled also - as many others - but this was the worst. Deserves to be made an example of. Jesus Tyrone are a sickening bunch. I hope to God Kerry stomp all over them - and that's coming from a Corkman!

24. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast