Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaa 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    You could make the argument that Donegal lost, as much as monaghan won. I wouldn't be overly concerned facing up to Monaghan, because I think we've enough steel ourselves to deal with the physical battle, and enough game-changers and good shooters from midfield up to deal with a defensive outfit.
    Perhaps. If it comes to pass. Ya never know. You could yet face Tyrone.

Never write those whoers off.
    I never do.

Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Cork to beat Dublin.

I was surprised James O'Donoghue managed to stay upright while they presented him with MOTM.
    Never. Though I still would have sooner played Kerry. In theory. And now we have Fermanagh. gonna be a weird feeling supporting the other team against Fermanagh. Thank fook the other team is Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    Next Saturday - Cork and Fermanagh wins i think!
    Could see Cork getting beaten maybe, 2/10. But I did not see that performance coming from either side.

Fermanagh were gonna win that all day. Really looking forward to seeing them bloom next year...

Looking for a "2nd" GAA county to support for the rest of the summer, dual of course. Looking for suggestions.

Their football manager must have some idea what the hell he is doing.
    Their hurling manager must have some hope in a line of excellent u-18 and u-21 teams.

Thank God the "soccer" (this thread only) team don't roll over and get their bellies tickled when playing a top team. (Europe aside I meant)

Could also so with a strong drink.
    That was some weekend for Cork GAA. Some serious soul-searching to be done. The questioning of JBM on RTÉ was TOD-like and rather disgraceful.

If we had beaten Waterford I would have said us. But as it is Galway are the only dual county left in the Championships. So I guess it'll have to be them.

For romance though... Fermanagh, Monaghan, Kildare or Waterford I suppose...
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Joking aside, very surprised to see Kildare slay Cork. Jason Ryan looked like a man on a mission at the end, and while I don't think they'll take us up in Croker, I think this could be a result that pushes Kildare on a notch next season.

Also, Maurice Shanahan is a one player I cannot wait to see Kilkenny hoof lumps into.
    This. All of this. All day all of this.

I know I railed against high play in my previous posts. But I took a small bit of joy from Liam's "Rushe" of blood to the head.

Shanno is the new hurling "Star"? That's what he reminded me of.

Oh Jackie T, do us a favour!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Right I'm gonna call the weekend:

Tyrone. All day Tyrone. Schneaky plump for an All-Ireland final. They're whooers for going on these runs. And the fact that they may play Kerry in the semi if they overcome Monaghan in the QF is just something.

Some rumours and trouble coming from the Donegal camp. But I would reckon that they'll do just enough to beat Galway. Donegal remember only got beaten by a point in the Ulster Final. They're not a bad team over night.

Dublin will see to Fermanagh. No amount of me thinking otherwise and trying to be devil's advocate is going to change otherwise.

And then the meaty one of the weekend. Kerry have problems in their backline. They really do. And Kildare would have expended a lot in beating Cork so impressively alst weekend so it's a tough one to call.
    If Kildare turned up like they do in the first 50 against Cork I would be calling it Kildare. But as it is, I'm sitting on the fence and going for a draw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Tyrone have been doing the same thing for the last 5 years - still won't beat a Donegal/Mayo/Kerry/Dublin. No chance. They will beat Sligo alright who must have major issues after the last day.

You have to remember Cork threw in the towel when the going got tough last Saturday. It's impossible to see how good Kildare may or may not be. I'd be amazed if they got to within 6 points of Kerry. Kerry's backline problems are slightly over-exaggerated maybe - only conceded 1-6 to Cork lto albeit on a bad evening.

Donegal v Galway is the most interesting match of the weekend for me. Bit of freebie for Galway who are not expected to do much. Could rattle Donegal - 2 provincial finalists beaten last weekend. Tyrone to beat Sligo.....can Galway complete the sweep?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Tyrone have been doing the same thing for the last 5 years - still won't beat a Donegal/Mayo/Kerry/Dublin. No chance. They will beat Sligo alright who must have major issues after the last day.
    But it will come good one day.

A hospital pass from Colm Cavanagh to Peter Harte killed them in 2013 when they were on top of Mayo in the SF. They alway have this weird potential to grind out results in the most unlikely places.

You have to remember Cork threw in the towel when the going got tough last Saturday.
    They did.

It's impossible to see how good Kildare may or may not be.
    They were good enough to rattle a Cork side that were a kick of a ball from beating Kerry.

Kildare aren't contenders but they've been plugging away and building up confidence.

I'd be amazed if they got to within 6 points of Kerry. Kerry's backline problems are slightly over-exaggerated maybe - only conceded 1-6 to Cork lto albeit on a bad evening.
    The romantic in me wants to see them win. Realistically they won't get within an asses roar of Kerry. I can but hope.

Donegal v Galway is the most interesting match of the weekend for me. Bit of freebie for Galway who are not expected to do much. Could rattle Donegal - 2 provincial finalists beaten last weekend. Tyrone to beat Sligo.....can Galway complete the sweep?
    Freebie for Galway perhaps but can they stay if Donregal click. There is no evidence to say that Donegal will get back to it. But they are not a top-4 county for a laugh. There's a few years of rebuilding ahead for them. This is the swansong... they need to at least get to a QF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    But it will come good one day.

A hospital pass from Colm Cavanagh to Peter Harte killed them in 2013 when they were on top of Mayo in the SF. They alway have this weird potential to grind out results in the most unlikely places.
    Might be thinking of the wrong game but Mayo won that match at a canter. In fact Mayo not having a really tough test before the AI Final in 13' was ultimately their undoing. Hammered London, hammered Donegal etc.

Tyrone's record in championship since their All ireland in 08'
    2014 - Beaten R3 Quals by Armagh
    2013 - Beaten AI SF Mayo - 6 pts
    2012 - Beaten R3 Quals - Kerry 10pts
    2011 - Beaten Dublin AI QF - 7pts
    2010 - Beaten Dublin AI QF - 5pts
    2009 - Beaten Cork AI SF - 5pts

That is a litany of defeats to the top teams year after year after year. The point really is why didn't they change manager after 3 or 4 years of that. He should have left after 2012 and Killarney. They badly need a change of direction - as I see it they are fine until they meet the top teams and then its revert to type in terms of tactics and the same result ensues. Harte is a top manager and a top GAA man but after 12 years I think Tyrone are doing themselves a disservice not freshening things up in that dressing room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Kildare have no chance against Kerry in Croker - Donegal will beat Galway by around 4-6 points, walk in the park for Tyrone and Dublin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Might be thinking of the wrong game but Mayo won that match at a canter. In fact Mayo not having a really tough test before the AI Final in 13' was ultimately their undoing. Hammered London, hammered Donegal etc.

Tyrone's record in championship since their All ireland in 08'
    2014 - Beaten R3 Quals by Armagh
    2013 - Beaten AI SF Mayo - 6 pts
    2012 - Beaten R3 Quals - Kerry 10pts
    2011 - Beaten Dublin AI QF - 7pts
    2010 - Beaten Dublin AI QF - 5pts
    2009 - Beaten Cork AI SF - 5pts

That is a litany of defeats to the top teams year after year after year. The point really is why didn't they change manager after 3 or 4 years of that. He should have left after 2012 and Killarney. They badly need a change of direction - as I see it they are fine until they meet the top teams and then its revert to type in terms of tactics and the same result ensues. Harte is a top manager and a top GAA man but after 12 years I think Tyrone are doing themselves a disservice not freshening things up in that dressing room.
    I wouldn't have called it a canter tbf. Tyrone were a different beast without Peter Harte. And Mayo, with a penalty got over the line by 6.

As a keen observer at the game it was far closer than the scoreline suggested.

The reason Mickey doesn't go is because he will decide himself the TCB won't. And there's talk above that this is the last hurrah with his agreement finished after the Championship this year. For Tyrone's sake it should be. But who is gonna come in and through sheer force take that burgeoning pile of U21 talent through.

Kildare have no chance against Kerry in Croker - Donegal will beat Galway by around 4-6 points, walk in the park for Tyrone and Dublin.
    Kildare have a chance against Kerry. It'll be slim. But there's a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Wouldn't be so sure of either. Kildare will rattle Kerry, one of those games that will be decided by a late score.

Donegal were awful against Monaghan. Will need to step up massively. I think Galway will win by a score or two.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Wouldn't be so sure of either. Kildare will rattle Kerry, one of those games that will be decided by a late score.
    I think you're right.

Donegal were awful against Monaghan. Will need to step up massively. I think Galway will win by a score or two.
    Some wayward shooting decided the Ulster Final. A final that Donegal lost by one. Admittedly Monaghan had another gear.

---

For ****s and giggles I'm calling it Tyrone, Donegal, Dublin, Kildare.

I look forward to the embarrasment of Monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Aftr that first half all I can say is "Eugh".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    So yeah. That was something. Not sure what but it wasn't consensual. Kildare were a sham. Not a bollock among them.

Hats off to Kerry.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    So yeah. That was something. Not sure what but it wasn't consensual. Kildare were a sham. Not a bollock among them.

Hats off to Kerry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    To quote Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffee
    Wow... I'm sexually aroused, Commander
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Now let's talk about the scandalous refereeing in the Dublin v Fermanagh match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Didn't see a whole lot wrong to be honest. Ye Leinster lads are just a bit soft is all.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Every single one of our scores were practically from play.

A free count of 21-4 against and that "goal" says an awful lot about the absolute scandalous nature of that refereeing performance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

Fix your crystal ball

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Every single one of our scores were practically from play.

A free count of 21-4 against and that "goal" says an awful lot about the absolute scandalous nature of that refereeing performance.
    Get over it - ye won - The ref cost us an all ireland final place last year and there wasn't a word about it!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast