Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive run of games starting with Limerick

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts

Massive run of games starting with Limerick

Forgetting the cup tie for a minute we have Limerick, Bray and Galway in our 3 next league outings and I think these mini series of games will have a huge outcome on whether or not we are involved in anything down or around the bottom of the table.

The Limerick game is a strange one to call because as bad as they have been this season they actually out played us football wise on a dirt poor pitch in Jackman and you can tell Martin Russell is desperate to get them on a bette playing surface as they have been trying so hard to play good football on a bad pitch and with the CCS pitch like a carpet at the moment you'd worry it might suit them down to the ground. However, then you think about the thumping they got off a desperate Bray side and think there's no way we shouldn't be sticking at least 3 past this lot. Closer we get to match day and the more nervous I'm getting, I suppose that's what happens when you haven't won in so long and have such big games coming up. Cmon de town
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    I watched Limerick v Cork last week, both teams were absolutely diabolical, all Limerick did was pass around the back 4 and hit long balls. Their keeper is getting progressively worse.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    In both teams defense there's no chance that any side could play football on that pitch and yes the keeper is getting progressively worse which I didn't think was possible. We're allegedly gone from Jackman now and the pitch at the Markets Field is like a snooker table compared to it and that fills me with dread - at least the pitch in Jackman was a bit a leveller for us!

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Ah how could I forget to mention your awful awful goalkeeper. Hope to see us target him with plenty of long balls and rough him up a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Just trying to line the team out in my head and I'm struggling. 442 is surely the way to go like we did against drogheda and get the crowd behind us from the off (although that maybe a very small crowd).

Word is rossiter will be fit so do you move Jamie back onto the wing for a game where our main aim is to attack? I don't think that's the way to go, I'd leave Rossiter out for this one even though he's been playing superb and keep Flynn and Sully together with Jamie in his natural full back position.

Then you've the dilemma of where to play Salmo or if you play him at all. On their current form you can't move ricer or Kev from the middle or drop them so that either means playing Salmo wide or dropping him but if Don isn't fit we've only Shannon to play wide and cousins hasn't really used him at all this year.

Up front the SOS really look out of form partially Sully who needs a good kick up the arse in my opinion, he's not running and chasing like he was last season he's clearly good enough he just needs to get scoring again and hel be away. But is there a shout of maybe dropping Sully and starting Kaleem after his goal in tallaght? That might be the jolt sully needs to kick into gear.

A lot of dilemmas for the boss to sort out over night, hel haves earned his bucks if he can get us 3 points tomorrow night, it's a massive game.

What way would everyone else go?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    If Rossiter is fit it'll be same 11 that started in Tallaght with maybe Simon starting ahead of Sully. But Tony could see Limerick as the ideal team for Sully to break his drought.....Shaw as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    If Rossiter is fit it'll be same 11 that started in Tallaght with maybe Simon starting ahead of Sully. But Tony could see Limerick as the ideal team for Sully to break his drought.....Shaw as well!
    Jamie isn't a winger we could do with Don being fit but just goes to show we really are lacking another winger. I'd nearly even like to see Kalem on the wing tomorrow night, we need to attack this lot from the off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Jamie didn't start against Rovers. It was Ben Mohammed and Salmo that played on the wing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Jamie didn't start against Rovers. It was Ben Mohammed and Salmo that played on the wing.
    Oh yeah he came on at HT sure, apologies. One way or another Wel have someone out of position, frustrating we don't have another winger it's a position we always seem to struggle in.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I think they have a young team and thier midfield will run rings around our older lads, so I hope Gorman starts in midfield, at least he could give quality balls to the strikers thats assuming his team mate actually give him a few passes in stead of long balls over the midfielders heads, if thats the plan it doesn't matter who's in midfield because they won't have them ball and will be living of scraps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Sh1te game, sh1te attendance but a win is a win. Roll on the next few games.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/det.../2022/27288/1/

Extratime reporting it as a 1-1 draw! The 3 points were all a dream.

Very hard work made out of that game. Why the players were not shooting at every opportunity I just don't know, especially given a 17 year old in goal for Limerick. Too often players taking an extra touch or two (ABM the main culprit).

A clean sheet and Kaleem did well in showing some good touches. No other positives really.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    A clean sheet and Kaleem did well in showing some good touches. No other positives really.[/QUOTE]

I thought considering Gorman isn't playing much these days and was asked to play out of position he was probably our best player over the 90 mins in fact I would have thought man of the match was between him and the Limerick Captain number 8
    not that anyone deserved man of the match but as said above a win is a win and it might turn out to be a very valuable 3 points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Wonder why Shannon isnt getting a look in at all? not saying hes great but TC seemed to favour him alot last season and has started deady,samo and mulhall on the wing ahead of him this year. If he doesn't think hes up to it should bring in someone else in the window...
    I think Smithers picked me because of my motivational skills.
    Everyone says they have to work a lot harder when I'm around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
    Wonder why Shannon isnt getting a look in at all? not saying hes great but TC seemed to favour him alot last season and has started deady,samo and mulhall on the wing ahead of him this year. If he doesn't think hes up to it should bring in someone else in the window...
    Totally agree, we really are lacking options in the wide area and this has to be addressed in the off season. Lorcs is one of the nicest lads you'll ever meet but if TC isn't going to use him he should be let move on.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I'm a nice lad too but I don't think Tony would put me in the match day squad! He's an average First Division player who I think was kept on for numbers and possibly because there wasn't too many financially viable wingers available during our off season. Now that the English season is over some young Irish lads night become available who didn't make it with their clubs over there. Time will tell what moves Tony will make in the window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Josh resigned for Town there on my FM save if that's any use.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Josh resigned for Town there on my FM save if that's any use.
    If thats true (Josh o Hanlon) that will be a good addition he will have learnt a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    If thats true (Josh o Hanlon) that will be a good addition he will have learnt a lot
    Yes it's true ......heard it on FM 15 myself 😁

22. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Yes it's true ......heard it on FM 15 myself ��
    never heard of FM 15. maybe its showing my age but what is it? I havent seen anything on the town website is it true with Josh?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast