Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive run of games starting with Limerick

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    Football Manager 2015 lads. A computer game and not a Town dedicated radio station.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    It will be very interesting to see who is selected for the match against Bray, some players have played 210 minutes in 3 days, will they keep thier place or will others who weren't even in the squad come back in

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    It will be very interesting to see who is selected for the match against Bray, some players have played 210 minutes in 3 days, will they keep thier place or will others who weren't even in the squad come back in
    May as well keep this thread going for the bray game. Yeah I can tell you Kevin O'Connor was very leggy against Harps, Tony had to make him sit in front of the back 4 for extra time but hel be desperate to play against bray but I honestly think he needs a rest.

Lorcan Shannon was superb in the 2 games versus Harps and you can tell he needs the confidence so I hope he gets the nod Friday with Aymen on the far wing. Up front Davy simply has to start against Bray and although he's not at his best right now Shaw is still his best partner.

Bar injury the back 4 picks itself with Sully, Flynn and Rossi all available again hopefully. Big shout out to a man who's been heavily criticised on here in Conor Powell he was brilliant on Monday night so should get the nod at left back.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    So do you think Cousin will drop Gorman again as he seems to not want him for midfield anymore bad mistake imo it's not just a coincidence the strikers aren't scoring sinse Gorman was dropped from starting in midfield almost 2 months ago now, unless you include the surrendering of half the pitch in Cork

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    So do you think Cousin will drop Gorman again as he seems to not want him for midfield anymore bad mistake imo it's not just a coincidence the strikers aren't scoring sinse Gorman was dropped from starting in midfield almost 2 months ago now, unless you include the surrendering of half the pitch in Cork
    Cousins has no problem with Gorman it's simple as this Rice, Salmo and Kev are all in fantastic form and Rhys will just have to remain patient and hope he gets a chance and takes it. I can't believe I'm saying this but give TC a break for once.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    I'm not blind to TC's flaws by any means but nearly every feckin post you're whining about him Darklordsbane, even in the main forum in threads that have nothing to do with him. Give it a rest for a while.
    Last edited by Longfordian; 03/06/2015 at 6:05 PM.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Should change his name to Silverlordsbane.

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I'm not moaning about Cousins, maybe I just expect too much from the team selections he picks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Buttimer in charge tomorrow night, God have mercy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Up late thinking about the team. According to the leader Bray usually play 4-5-1 so I doubt Tony will go 442 as we'd give up the midfield. Maybe hel go back to the 4231 we saw early on in the season with Salmo and Rice sitting with Kev in the centre with Aymen and Lorcan each side? Very natural balance to that side and I really do think DOS is very close to breaking his drought. This ground has good memories for a lot of town fans and for sully himself so I'm hoping tonight is the night we burst into action with a big win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Not a great performance by any standard. Struggled to break down a team of ten men over 80 mins. It took a bit of high intensity pressure on the back four and we were rewarded. Super finish from Ayman. What a fantastic player he is and its better he's getting. I thought Rice and especially O'Connor were brilliant. I don't know how O'Connor keeps going. Fantastic. Simon and Shannon did well when they came on. Pat Sullivan may as well have been in the stand. Totally disinterested. The rest were fine bar the strikers. Hard to know really. I'm not sure in the red card but I remember thinking it was Rice's ball all day. We'll see Monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Good assessment. A pity that Sullivan is getting the nod ahead of an Irish under-19 international. And then there's Rossiter, in what looked like a polo neck, coasting through the game! Front two offered nothing again. The 'White Pele' is looking more like the White Balotelli by the week and Shaw completely ineffective.

Great shift put in by K O'C in the middle. Thank God we have ABM for a bit of spark. Well taken goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    If Don didn't keep breaking himself, I'd bloody love him to get a run at striker.

All the same, a great week for the parish, if we could grab a win off Galway we'd be in a fantastic position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Awful game and not a great performance but we got the win and that's all that matters. Shannon made a big difference when he came on he gave us the natural width we were lacking with Salmo out there. I don't get this criticism of Pat Sully he's our best defender by a country mile, he plays with a cigar in his mouth, it's great to watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Pat Flynn is our best defender. Good organiser and talker on the pitch.

Sullivan doesn't give a f..k. This whole 'cigar in the mouth' nonsense that gets mentioned is cos he plays at such a slow pace and then just hoofs it. Jamie's directness was a joy to watch last year, albeit against weaker opposition. He's not going to develop much by sitting on the bench. Unfortunately, it's all about results and TC won't risk him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Very poor game apart from maybe 10 mins in the second half when we scored and played really good football. I'm sure the 120 minutes of football had an affect on some of the players and the grass seemed a bit long as the ball didn't really move on it. I thought KOC was the best player on the pitch, closely followed by Rice and Ben Mohammed. Shanno and Simon made a huge difference when brought on. On the defence Flynn is our best defender in my opinion, but since Rossiter got fit we have started to look a lot tighter and have kept a couple of clean sheets. But he was very lucky to get away with a mistake in the second half. Looking forward now to Galway next week, a win there and we are in a great position going into the break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Sullivan playing with a cigar in his mouth is ********. His heart just doesn't seem into it. Rossiter was grand all night had **** all to do bar the one time he was turned. Mulhall has been found out slightly which might be harsh. I think he should get a run against some of the weaker opposition.
    This season, when we press high up on the back four in number we have been rewarded numerous times. Last night, Rice and Ben Mohammed, Rice and Salmo against Galway to lead to the sending off to name two. And just to reiterate: KOC is unreal. His ball retention is second to none, his passing can be OTT at times but otherwise perfect, and his shooting has been a joy. We're doing fine!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Really don't understand the criticism of Pat Sully, he hasn't done anything wrong all season. He can whip in a great cross (lead to a goal in Galway) and his powerful drives from free kicks and long distance create panic ie Salmos goal against Limerick. He's not a young man anymore can't expect him to be bombing down the wing all the time.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I'm not criticising Pat Sullivan, I just think Pat Flynn is our best defender.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    I'm not criticising Pat Sullivan, I just think Pat Flynn is our best defender.
    Pat Flynn is a hero. Treasure him while you have him. Sully too.

23. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast