Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supporters bus to Tallaght

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts

Supporters bus to Tallaght

It's always a great buzz to go and take on the big teams in their big grounds and that's what we are doing Friday night. Rovers are nothing special at all and if we go at them 442 from the off I think we can catch them cold and beat them. We are running a bus as usual so for details on how book your seat see the section O Facebook or Twitter accounts, it really would be great if we could boost the number of supporters traveling on the bus to away games. Thank you.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Jesus lads it's very quiet on here a day before such an exciting match. How do you think wel line up? I'd love to see TC go 442 and have a go right from the off like we did in Drogheda as I don't think this Rovers team is anything to be feared.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    yep agree with ya outspoken! rovers form at home is patchy to with dropped points.. I fancy us to get a draw!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Great chance to take 3 points tonight. Some awful finishing and even worse refereeing cost us. Time for Davy to sit in the bench for a while until he gets his head out of his arse! He has offered very little in the last number of games. Kaleem took his goal well and was a threat with Mohamed. He deserves a start against Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    The word I keep using after these games is brave, another brave performance from our lads and we deserved far more than we got. I must be the only one in the entire ground that doesn't think it was a penalty for shaw but the turning point for me was the horrendous offside decision when Sully was 1 V 1. While I agree with Town Legend that Sully has been off colour in recent weeks I was one of many who was stunned to see him go off Kaleem took his goal excellently so there can be no complaints regarding the decision.

Shaw's miss when 1 v 1 will haunt me for a long time it reminds me so much of the 1 v 1 he missed against athlone at home 2 seasons ago as we ultimately went on to lose the league title, he really isn't built for pressure situations like that and I think we really need to have another option off the bench so the July window could be massive for us.

Don out injured again it seems, we need more options in wide areas as TC clearly has no confidence in the likes of Lorcan Shannon if he is playing Salmon out wide and then not evening bring Shannon on in games so if he's not going to play him he may as well replace him in July because bar Ben Mohamed who was brilliant again last night we really are lacking in wide areas.

3 massive games coming up for us now and the least we should be taking from them is 7 points. Fantastic support in tallaght last night be nice if we could carry that sort of atmosphere into these home games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Rice was muck. A player of his quality should have taken at least one touch for the chance that fell to him and put the ****er away! I also thought Shaw dived. Seems he has no confidence at all - rather go down than shoot. I had a nightmare about his miss last night. We can't be missing them. Shocking altogether.

I said it in the other thread, Ben Mohammed is the best player we've had in years - lots of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Rice was muck. A player of his quality should have taken at least one touch for the chance that fell to him and put the ****er away! I also thought Shaw dived. Seems he has no confidence at all - rather go down than shoot. I had a nightmare about his miss last night. We can't be missing them. Shocking altogether.

I said it in the other thread, Ben Mohammed is the best player we've had in years - lots of them.
    The chance to rice simply fell to the wrong man, you say a player of his quality should score that but let's remember goal scoring isn't a quality of his, he broke up play excellently all night and used the ball well.

The chance that really annoyed me bar Shaw of course was when the ball broke to Sully inside the area and instead of hitting it first time he tried to go around the rovers players and score a clever goal like he had done against rovers B last season. Sully has to remember this is the prem we are playing in you simply won't get that many touches inside the area, should have thumped it!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    A striker and winger who are built to start and not be bit part players are what's badly needed in the transfer window. But look, there's two of our toughest games out of the way now. We should be targeting at the very least 6/7 points from those games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    based on what happened in Galway last night I dont think it will be easy as it seems. I know that we got seven points from lim,galway,bray. I wouldnt be as confident of getting those sort of points again. I think Limerick we will draw again and Bray we will win but we havent a great record playin Galway at home and will think we will lose.

Very disappointed with those two sitters missed. Mind you Sully should not have got an offside and we should have got a peno. We were unlucky not to get a point. The turning point was those misses as Shams were there for the taking!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I think it a bit harsh to blame the strikers, they are getting very little quality passes to create chances for them,
    at the other end the full backs keep coming at least 10 yards in off the wings this gives the opposition hugh space for attacks,
    and whats with the whole team going to one side of the pitch for goal kicks that's school yard stuff
    it's has to be Cousins that is making us play the way we do, he seems to think a small lose or a draw is ok against the teams above and around us,
    I belive we will be very lucky if we get anything from the next few games with the selections and set up we are using

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    All teams go to one side of the pitch if the keeper is going long for a goal kick. We were crying out for Cousins to go 4-4-2. He's gone that way and still people complaining! We were playing Rovers in Tallaght and gave them a big scare. I can see us getting at least 6 points in our next three games. The opposition are no where near the quality of Dundalk and Rovers and I feel we gave them a good go.
    Last edited by Town Legend; 17/05/2015 at 8:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    All teams go to one side of the pitch if the keeper is going long for a goal kick. We were crying out for Cousins to go 4-4-2. He's gone that way and still people complaining! We were playing Rovers in Tallaght and gave them a big scare. I can see us getting at least 6 points in our next three games. The opposition are no where near the quality of Dundalk and Rovers and I feel we gave them a good go.
    100% agree, when you look at the rest of the league and the likes of Heary and Hutton, Cousins is doing as good a job as any, he'll never be universally popular but as long as we are getting results who cares.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    100% agree, when you look at the rest of the league and the likes of Heary and Hutton, Cousins is doing as good a job as any, he'll never be universally popular but as long as we are getting results who cares.
    except when he doenst acknowledge the town support after games!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Most of the team don't acknowledge the support at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Most of the team don't acknowledge the support at all.
    As captain Mark Salmon should lead the team over as one, fair play to Salmo he always acknowledges the fans even if he's not playing but it's something players should do without having to be begged

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    it's has to be Cousins that is making us play the way we do, he seems to think a small lose or a draw is ok against the teams above and around us,
    I belive we will be very lucky if we get anything from the next few games with the selections and set up we are using
    Apart from the fact we created enough chances to win it? We didn't set up defensively on Friday, as opposed to up in Dundalkkk, and my only complaint against Cousins on Friday was taking off Sully instead of Shaw (and even then Kalem scoring kinda means it'd be hard argued). And in fairness Davy seemed to take being subbed off ok (he reacted fine to Cousins).

Time will tell on upcoming games, but at the moment having a pop at Cousins is for past issues rather than what's happening now.

Also, I would've said that most, if not all, of the team acknowledged to support on Friday when they were going off. I think he was waiting for the ref, but Cousins shouldn't even have been back out on the pitch at the end of the game after being sent off.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    having a pop at Cousins
    I wasn't intentionally having a pop at Cousins, he is on a hugh learning curve, I was trying to say it's not the players fault it's the way they are told/made to play, so I suppose it is kind of a dig at him he will get it wrong an awful lot but will get it right sometime (Drogheda)
    most teams seem to know our full backs will be way out of position so they attack down the wings, a lot, with a lot of success, couple that with very little creative play from our midfield, the strikers are living on scraps so I think Davey and Gary aren't to blame for the lack of Goals
    Cousins has to be the one telling our players to drop back and let teams have the ball (again not moaning about him) because the experienced midfielders we have playing at the moment wouldn't do that by choice (at least I hope they wouldn't) they haven't got the legs to run around breaking up play for 90 odd mins
    I am not bitching and moaning but I think once you set your mind to being defensive it is very hard to switch back to trying to get creative thats why we see so many long balls when we go behind imo
    anyway 13 games gone 13 point so thats fine with me roll on Saturday

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Still a stonewall penalty on the basis of the TV footage. Disappointed they didn't show the "offside" as well from the second half, where everyone, but especially Davy, looked on to me.

Shaws miss doesn't look any better either.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    Still a stonewall penalty on the basis of the TV footage. Disappointed they didn't show the "offside" as well from the second half, where everyone, but especially Davy, looked on to me.

Shaws miss doesn't look any better either.
    Still don't think it was a penalty 🙈 Shaw's miss looked as bad as it did on the night but ricers looked worse I didn't realise how in line with the posts he actually was should have broke the net from there

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Going to agree to disagree - he was tripped from behind, doesn't matter if it's accidental/ just a feet getting tangled.

I'm more disappointed with Rice's lack of composure, more than the finish. He had the time to set himself properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast