Terrible stuff at Dalymount,

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Terrible stuff at Dalymount,
    Pretty poor game on a pretty poor pitch. Great equaliser from Evans though.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Anyone know how Dundalk's weekly budget compares with other sides near the top? Long way to go but they do look like heavy favourites....
    Marty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    On another point, some real classy Bohs fans making some lovely gestures to Billy Dennehy as he was being helped off the pitch after being nearly knocked out.
    So what? Happens everywhere every weekend when home fans don't like an away teams player. If its applause and niceties you want then maybe footballs not for you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I think Powell is getting a hard time, I agree he was absolute muck at the start of the season, he looked to me to be a guy with absolutely no self belief, he is still poor enough but is actually getting better each game, the sending off could knock him back again Deady looks like a good full back (but is a poor enough winger imo) so he should fill in nicely for Powell being suspended
    Rice has 3 bookings now, he probably would have got the penalty awarded if not for mouthing off at the ref again and getting booked for it, will he ever learn I doubt it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Pretty poor game on a pretty poor pitch. Great equaliser from Evans though.
    Lovely quality, Bohs deserved at least a point from that game. Cork were awful in the second half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    I doubt the budget is any higher than Cork, Rovers and Pats. So I don't know why you are bringing it up.

Although the result tonight might make us so called "heavy favorites" with all due respect it was only Bray. They were woeful defending set pieces and overall I never saw a worst Bray side.
    There is still a long way to go. Plenty of time for key player's to be injured or lost to a foreign side
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Anyone know how Dundalk's weekly budget compares with other sides near the top? Long way to go but they do look like heavy favourites....
    No links or anything but there was an article in the Sun a week or so ago by Neil O'Riordan that mentioned an FAI representative saying something like if league positions were decided on budget, Bohs would be in the relegation zone. Which makes our performance to date absolutely remarkable.

I would imagine Rovers and Dundalk would have the biggest budgets, probably in that order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    So what? Happens everywhere every weekend when home fans don't like an away teams player. If its applause and niceties you want then maybe footballs not for you.
    There's abuse and banter on the sidelines, but then there's a player who could have been seriously injured. Where do you draw the line in all fairness Stu?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Bray struggled at every corner Dundalk had, scored at least 3 maybe 4 goals from that.

It was a relentless display with the 7th and 8th goal coming in the last ten mins.

Anorak alert, David Cassidy's penalty (a definite one btw) was the first opposition league goal scored in oriel park since Dinny Corcoran put Bohs 2-1 up in August 2014.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Cork haven't improved at all this season in terms of playing style. They've been fairly awful to watch every time I've seen them this season. A few of their fans on twitter seemed to be really ****ed off with their playing style after the game today

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I would imagine Rovers and Dundalk would have the biggest budgets, probably in that order.
    Last season Rovers had the fourth highest, but with Fenlon's renowned frugality this could not have dropped to 5th.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Hopefully Dundalk were making up today for not scoring at all next Saturday!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    I doubt the budget is any higher than Cork, Rovers and Pats. So I don't know why you are bringing it up.

Although the result tonight might make us so called "heavy favorites" with all due respect it was only Bray. They were woeful defending set pieces and overall I never saw a worst Bray side.
    There is still a long way to go. Plenty of time for key player's to be injured or lost to a foreign side
    It's a public forum and I'm entitled as are you to bring up whatever I pleases! Was bringing it up after watching both games today,would imagine Corks would be level leith Dundalk's as they would have a simular income-would also see Bohs and Bray as been among the lower scale....Kenny and Long both doing very well.Unfortunately Caulfiend needs to have a look as himself as the Cork public will expect a title push after last year's finale.Still a long way to go so hopefully Dundalk won't pull away too much for the neutrals.
    Marty

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Poor stuff from both Cork and Bohs, don't think that the pitch can be blamed.
    Dennhey usually gets worse abuse Nigel, from his Rovers days
    Hopefully he and Anto Murphy are ok.

Cork are some distance behind Dundalk and Pats
    On a par with Rovers I'd say, awful to watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    We played terribly in the last 2 games. Earlier games in the season, we were generally middling but we are definitely in freefall now. I expect Dundalk to beat us as they are class, but not by 8 without a fight at all. We were terrible from the kick off and last week was just as bad against a team that we should be at least doing ok against.
    The squad is paper thin. The new signings do not have enough quality. David Cassidy is the only threat we have - last year we had Jake Kelly, Cassidy, Issy, Scully and Hughes to choose from. The previous year we had Marty Waters and Jason Byrne. that at least kept defences busy. We had 3 forwards on the pitch today and they didn't cause Dundalk any problems at all - they didn't even retain possession. In midfield we were missing Hanlon and Kelly, but we were overrun. McGlynn might as well not have played (indeed he should have been sent off against Galway, so his contribution has been questionable recently). All this means that the ball just keeps coming back at the defence and they were found wanting again today. McNally, an experienced defender has not led the way I had hoped he would - he certainly has not filled Websters shoes.
    We have had no manager for a month despite the fact that the Chairman said on national tv that he had received cvs a month ago. I understand that 2 very experienced managers have applied - but they don't fit the age profile that the chairman has in mind!!
    No one seems to know who owns the club - Mcgettigans have bought a percentage of shares was the latest that I had heard, but not an overall majority. The O'Connors have also got an interest and some shares are still retained by old shareholders - how true that is, I am not sure. Either way the current situation does not reflect well on whatever business people do own the club and I fear for our future.
    Saturday nights haven't worked - the crowd and atmosphere was as bad as it gets against Galway, although obviously that is partially about how the team is playing.

We need an experienced manager this week and 5 or 6 quality signings in the window to have any hope. Otherwise I fear we will either rot in the 1st division or fold. We don't have the Devlin factor or contacts we had for most of the last 30 years to get us back up if we are relegated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fox View Post
    We need an experienced manager this week
    Alan Mathews is free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I heard that rurmour 2 weeks ago!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That match in Dalymount was nowhere near as entertaining as the Soccer Republic highlights made it look. Liam Miller must be wondering why Caulfield signed him.

Some cracking goals scored tonight though. Horgan's one at the end of the Bray game was ridiculous.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    On another point, some real classy Bohs fans making some lovely gestures to Billy Dennehy as he was being helped off the pitch after being nearly knocked out.
    They were only asking him how many fingers they were holding up, to see if he was all right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast