Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Youth Development/ Coaching etc etc..

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    742 Posts

Youth Development/ Coaching etc etc..

The BBC make him sound like God.

BBC Report

Hopefully he'll get a run of games between now and March
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great to see Morrison scoring. He looked great in the Stade de France before he got injured. Hopefully he can continue the run of form. I reckon that he is going to be a key player for Ireland up front since he looks like he is the only player who can link up with robbie well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Its also great that his last 3 goals have been absolutely top class headers.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Can someone post that report for me please? I'm very interested in Morrison's progress, I'm convinced he's going to be very important in the future for us, I really hope he starts getting a regular place few more goals with Birmingham. I'm living in China these days and they block the BBC website!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Darren Huckerby's second-half strike gave Premiership strugglers Norwich a deserved draw away to Birmingham City.

Huckerby pounced from three yards out to tap in from David Bentley's cross.

Birmingham took the lead when Clinton Morrison nodded in from close range after Emile Heskey's header rebounded off the crossbar.

Morrison had two more efforts that were well saved by England keeper Robert Green, while Huckerby was guilty of screwing wide in the first-half.

The story of the first half centred around the potent partnership of Heskey and Morrison.

Morrison, in particular, was in superb form.

The Republic of Ireland hitman was thriving on the good supply provided by David Dunn and Damien Johnson, but it was the selfless running from Heskey that opened up the Norwich defence on several occasions for Morrison.

The striker was unfortunate not to double his tally just before the break after a good one-two with Heskey on the edge of the area but his placed effort found the hands of a relieved Green..

And just before the interval, Green's international credentials were tested to the limit when he somehow managed to tip Morrison's snap-shot over the crossbar.

The Canaries were limited to just one chance on goal, which Darren Huckerby struck woefully wide after he was put through by Mathias Svensson.

The second-half was an entirely different affair, as Nigel Worthington's men came out of their changing-room with renewed vigour.

Midfielder Phil Mulryne became the first Canaries player to test Maik Taylor with a fierce low 20-yard-effort.

Svensson then went closer with a four-yard effort that he scuffed into Taylor's hands.

But the Blues shot-stopper had little chance with Norwich's next shot on goal.

Taylor palmed an inswinging ball into the path of Bentley who fired a low cross into the penalty area.

The ball eluded Leon McKenzie and Svensson but found Huckerby who gleefully took his chance.

Further opportunities fell to both sides during a frenetic last 10 minutes, but in the end a draw proved to be the fair result.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers for that, much appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    he had a cracker today v. villa. his goal was dodgy as should have been saved but all round play was premiership quality and had a hand in the 2nd goal. him and heskey seem certain to be a force this season now.

Birmingham strikers Morrison and Emile Heskey were rampant from the first whistle and the pair combined superbly to strike the first blow.

Heskey's strength allowed him to nod the ball onwards, and Morrison held off Mark Delaney to get his shot away.

It should have been comfortably gathered by Sorensen, but this derby has a habit of embarrassing Villa keepers and the series continued.

check the links:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4072063.stm

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...=Football_Home

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    He's a good player, not a superb player but well up to standard for our squad certainly.

I've got to say that I'll question how Irish he really feels until the day I die (actually we'll say until the day that he dies because I don't like speaking ill of the dead) but now that he's here I figure he's got a role to play.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I don't see him much but the amount of basically flukey goals he seems to get is strange.

Sure even his debut ireland goal was a tap in after goalkeeper made a hash of someone elses shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    They all count, and as any goalscorer will tell you, you have to be in the right position to score in the first place.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    great to see "Irish" players scoring. great stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Pablo - I'm still wondering why you haven't posted in the Aiden McGeady thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    pablo....every bloody post where it gives the slightest sense of a bit of generosity towards a player whose 'irishness' is a questionable it is always you who has a go at it. how about shutting up! its getting repetative and surely i aint the only person who has noticed this. you probably aint had a go at mcgeady because he has the ability to be out of this world, but why dont you. eirebhoy has asked ya on numerous occassions why u aint posted in that debate?? Just face it, irish or english, there playing and u aint!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Personally I rate Clinton and have done since Kerr took over.

He was unlucky not to score in the beginning. But puts in all the effort , more than Robbie Keane does thats for sure. He always wants to play for Ireland even when he is just back from injury. That alone demonstrates that he really wants to play for Ireland.

He looked totally on top of his game and was playing a blinder in the Stade de France and games like that dont get any bigger, so I cant see why to have a go at him.

The only thing Clinton has to do is work on his finishing, he gets in the right postions, holds the ball up well, communicates well with Robbie (god knows how) and puts in a savage work rate.

Great to see him score at the weekend, especailly with those stupid comments being thrown at him

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1
    pablo....every bloody post where it gives the slightest sense of a bit of generosity towards a player whose 'irishness' is a questionable it is always you who has a go at it. how about shutting up! its getting repetative and surely i aint the only person who has noticed this. you probably aint had a go at mcgeady because he has the ability to be out of this world, but why dont you. eirebhoy has asked ya on numerous occassions why u aint posted in that debate?? Just face it, irish or english, there playing and u aint!
    Agree with you 100%. Pablo is p!ssing people off with these stupid comments about players not being Irish. Clinton is a great lad. He turns up whenever he is fit. He may have made mistakes regarding his declaring for Ireland, but he has made up for that with his committment to the green jersey. Unlike a certain Cork player, Clinton went out of his way to play in the Unity Cup and other so-called meaningless friendlies. Give the fella a break.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    I don't see him much but the amount of basically flukey goals he seems to get is strange.

Sure even his debut ireland goal was a tap in after goalkeeper made a hash of someone elses shot.

^^^^

They all count I'm afraid.
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Agree with you 100%. Pablo is p!ssing people off with these stupid comments about players not being Irish. Clinton is a great lad. He turns up whenever he is fit. He may have made mistakes regarding his declaring for Ireland, but he has made up for that with his committment to the green jersey. Unlike a certain Cork player, Clinton went out of his way to play in the Unity Cup and other so-called meaningless friendlies. Give the fella a break.
    Bang on P.M. Its about what you do on the pitch and not off it that counts. Think they know it all down there is their problem. Hard stomach at times. None more so than one particular individual from that region.

Clinton given a run of games free of injury will only grow as a player because he's as honest as the day is long. Sorry to mention him in relation to another somebody again, who has let himself down in that regard
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    i've just blinked again and no pablo comments...surely ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    great to see "Irish" players scoring. great stuff
    So you would pointedly refuse to celebrate if Clinton, Aiden or Jon score for Ireland on the basis that you consider them to be less "Irish"?

Such a view contributes nothing, causes animosity and division. Hardly the backing our national team needs. As they say in these parts, have a word with yourself.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    i think we just jst ignore pablo cos hes a bit of a fag...ur name aint even irish...! what ya need to realise is when you come out with comments like that there are many people making valuable contributions to this forum who are 2nd or 3rd generation irish, some of whom aint irish but enjoy watching our national team

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast