Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: phootball.com me arse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

phootball.com me arse

Ok, here's the deal - corkcityfc.com is dead and gone, and that's the end of that. This is a replacement set of forums for City fans if they want to use them. It's an interim solution while we decide if we're going to go ahead with another soccer site or not, however these forums will *not* be deleted whether or not we go ahead with it - they may be moved to another domain, but they won't be deleted. Unless of course nobody bothers to post, in which case it'd be pretty stupid to keep 'em going...

The new site, if there is one, will be a full-service, community-driven Irish soccer site. That means it won't just be for City fans, and it'll be run by the community, not us. We'll set it up and administer it, but it'd be up to you to submit the articles, write the match reports, etc. The current corkcityfc.com team are meeting on June 6 in Costigans on Washington Street to discuss it.

Everyone is welcome to come along and throw their ideas into the hat, but even if you're not interested in taking part in that debate, come along anyway -- it's also an end-of-season and end-of-corkcityfc.com bash, and we'll be having a few pints and watching the Ireland game too. I hope to see you there.

Finally, thanks to all the people who were involved in corkcityfc.com over the past three years, your help and input was very much appreciated. Also thanks to the visitors of the site, particularly the regulars. I can't say I'm entirely sad to see the back of it, but I will miss the community.

adam

PS. This *isn't* the domain I was talking about in previous posts, it's another one. More Irish, more fun. It's a generic domain name in the .ie namespace, so there's a chance I won't get it, but if we go ahead with the site, I'll have a go anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

Please see the Calendar for more information (and a map!) on Costigans on June 6.

adam