Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Which Merseyside team will finish higher in this seasons Premiership?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liverpool

22 44.00%
  • Everton

28 56.00%
Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton and Liverpool discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Just to get back to the original point of the post.
    As a Pool fan I don't think Gerrards heart is at Liverpool anymore and think he will go at the end of the season.
    ummm...the original point of this thread was my glee at seeing l'pool crash out of the CL, only to see my dreams implode b4 my eyes in a 8 minute spell...then it erupted into god knows what....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Getting back to Liverpool FC.....is it true that the Kop actually no longer exists. I know its the Kop end of the ground, but someone recently said, I think it was Lawrenson, that the Kop now sadly was a McDonalds...can someone kindly explain??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    ummm...the original point of this thread was my glee at seeing l'pool crash out of the CL
    Thanks for reminding me. Oh how I laughed when I read it first.

As for the Kop, I know there's a McD. in the back of it since they re-built it. Whether it's called 'the McDonalds Kop' or something, I'm not too sure of.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noby
    Thanks for reminding me. Oh how I laughed when I read it first.

As for the Kop, I know there's a McD. in the back of it since they re-built it. Whether it's called 'the McDonalds Kop' or something, I'm not too sure of.
    Just glad to be bringing a smile to your friday Noby

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Any other interesting MacDonalds near grounds?
    Don't think colours are that much of an issue at any other grounds. That is a story that you really couldn't make up.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Theres a McDonalds in Shea Stadium New York, where on NFL Match Days the staff dress up in the Jets gear, padding, helmets the works..They pretend to play football behind the counter...quite sad, really..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Theres a McDonalds in Shea Stadium New York, where on NFL Match Days the staff dress up in the Jets gear, padding, helmets the works..They pretend to play football behind the counter...quite sad, really..
    Mets play in Shea. Jets play in the Giants Stadium. GO JETS!!!

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! 200th Goodison Merseyside Derby

Quote Originally Posted by DolansWaistcoat
    Eh,no that was the year before last I think yet another game where ye came to anfield hoping for a point and defending as if yer lives depended on it,i'm talking about last season when ye were battered senseless for ninety minutes,the everton goalie got man of the match i'm sure.

Anyway everton might win saturday but they are still sh!t and the pool will finish miles ahead as usual.

rOLL on the last 16 of the Champions leagUE.

You're making about as much sense as Pat Dolan's Waistcoat! You reckon Everton might win on Saturday but still maintain they're ****!
    Fair play to the Pool for making it to the last sixteen but that's as good as it's going to get. Ye defeated a depleted greek side who totally fell apart in the second half. Ye still played poorly on the night and were an absolute shambles in the first half.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillo
    Ye defeated a depleted greek side who totally fell apart in the second half.
    Name their full side so, as opposed to the side that started on Wednesday night. I think you'll find that you're talking $hite.

If anyone was depleted it was Liverpool. Hamann was out, Garcia was out, while Baros was totally unfit (he probably won't even start tomorrow), plus Nunez isn't exactly flying fit either. At least three key players there. Name me three key Olympiacos players that didn't play?

Everton are at full-strength tomorrow and playing well. With home advantage, if you don't beat Liverpool tomorrow, you'll never beat them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I think it was Lawrenson, that the Kop now sadly was a McDonalds...can someone kindly explain??
    Yeah, Neil Mellor is their customer of the year, 3 years in a row to boot. You have to hand it to the lad in fairness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    GO JETS!!!
    Americans are so gay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Carsley sends Goodison into Seventh Heaven!

What a day lads!! Drinkfeckarse, 4tothefloor, Conor 74, Dolanswaistcoat, Kingdom and whoever else had the cheek to adorn my thread...... did ye enjoy that today?? Because I certainly did. What a victory. And it took that man Lee O' Carslaigh to hit the winner and once again to silence his many critics! If he continues in this vein form he could become European Player of the year !! Pool are in dire straights and cannot manage back to back wins for love nor money.
    Only three points separates the Merseyside blue from the Jose's North London Blue at this stage. And the amazing thing is we could and probably should be top of the league had a bit of luck come our way back a few weeks ago. Everton played Spurs off the park at Goodison a few weeks back and still managed somehow to loose the game. Similarly they drew at home to Villa when really they should have won quite comfortably. I think it's a foregone conclusion at this stage that the above poll will work in my favour. I reckon a poll as to who will make the Champs League or who will the Premier league might prove more challenging. Actually I reckon Everton would probably top it too.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Form is Temporary Class is Permanent

You can have your day in the sun Dillo. The outpouring of joy at the shack across Stanley Pk. spelt out how narrow minded Evertonians are. Granted, it was the biggest derby since Wembley 89', but you'd think you lot had won the title the way that victory was celebrated. It also shows the bitterness(respect even) the bluenoses have towards Liverpool and how much more of a progressive club Liverpool is on every level that you get such a massive kick out of one derby win. Oh yeah, and the massive kick I've just mentioned just about summarises in two words what Everton are all about at the moment. I kinda feel sorry for you lot at times and its nice to see you making strides, however temporary they may be

I've the upmost respect for David Moyes and what he gets out of his limited squad, but Rafa's overhaul of Liverpool is only beginning and he's still the real deal as far I'm concerned. If he can shut our captain up from making silly statements and convince him of his beliefs for the club then Liverpool will continue to reign supreme on Merseyside. On that note, our own former Evertonian should be given consideration for the captaincy if SG doesn't cop on. A man who sits with the supporters on away trips when not playing (that being very rare), plays with an assuredness and passion of some of our former greats and gives everything to the cause with little fuss. Rafa even mentioned him in the same breath as his former rock Roberto Ayala. Not quite perhaps, but that'll do for me.

Back to today. Few poor decisions from El Boss, but I think today should have given him the wake up call he needs regarding Josemi and Diao. If it does, I might just about suffer one derby defeat in six years for the future good of the team.

Every dog has its day. And 11 of them had theirs today
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    And the amazing thing is we could and probably should be top of the league had a bit of luck come our way back a few weeks ago. Everton played Spurs off the park at Goodison a few weeks back and still managed somehow to loose the game. Similarly they drew at home to Villa when really they should have won quite comfortably.
    You forgot to mention the poxy own goal that won you 3 points instead of 1 against Bolton.......

This is what you call bad luck, on top of a depressing injury list to boot.

Luis Garcia's perfectly good goal ruled out V Bolton away - cost us a point
    Luis Garcia's perfectly good goal ruled out V Boro away - cost us at least a point
    Muzzy Izzit's blatent hand ball on goal line V Birm home - cost us 3 points
    Free kick which led to Silvistres 1st V Man U away - never a free - cost us a point
    Free kick which led to Coles goal V Chelsea away - never a free - cost us a point
    Nobby Solanos free kick last week - never a free - cost us 3 points

If\should are no good to you, it's what actually happens that counts. Everton are playing well at the moment, have no injuries, and have all the luck. It's no surprise at all that ye won today, especially against the team that Benitez put out. A major ****-up there on his part, he deserved all he got, and gets, for the team he picked. he lost the game for Liverpool before a ball was even kicked.

Having said that, it's Evertons first win over Liverpool in 5 years. It's their first win over Liverpool at goodison park since 1997. By the law of averages, ye were due one, so it's no big deal. If Liverpool fans were to come on here and gloat every year Liverpool beat Everton it would get tiresome. Enjoy the win, but ye will not finish above Liverpool this season, even after today.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSemi
    Few poor decisions from El Boss, but I think today should have given him the wake up call he needs regarding Josemi and Diao.
    Ha ha ha! What did I tell you about Josemi?! Will you be changing that user-name now, after you've realised how amazingly S H I T he is?!
    Last edited by 4tothefloor; 11/12/2004 at 8:57 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    Ha ha ha! What did I tell you about Josemi?! Will you be changing that user-name now, after you've realised how amazingly S H I T he is?!
    Does my user name spell Josemi or JoeSemi?! Its more a p!ss take at this stage which your slow to click! Enough about me and him anyway

We can curse our luck til the cows come home, but thats football. You can take a certain amount of injuries but Melwood has become a cast for Casualty at this stage. Whats got on my nads more is the sloppy goals we've conceded and the petulant acts from Gerrard, which are becoming all too frequent. Jerzy back in for Kirkland? I think its time the Pole was reinstated in our goal.

Reasons to be cheerful:
    1) A manager who is on a par with the best. Reigned over the aristocrat tw*ts at Real with Valencia and is only beginning to stamp his own mark at Anfield.
    2)A new stadium in the near future which Everton won't boast. Not with us anyway or for how many years thereafter...............
    3)Two of the best young midfielders in Europe who Fergescum has made enquiries about. Thankfully he'll never get his filthy hands on either.
    4)Two of the best young strikers in Europe........which two I don't know, but take your pick from 3. I won't get too greedy!
    5)Finally, a Champions Lge fixture that Evertonians haven't experienced and probably never will.......
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Everton are 12 points ahead of Liverpool as of now, with a game more played. Liverpool's game in hand is Tuesday night at home to Portsmouth. Considering their home form this season, Liverpool should win that one. That would be a 9 point gap, with a return game at Anfield to come. Liverpool will beat Everton at Anfield, so thats a realistic 6 point gap. There's no way in my opinion that Everton are good enough to sustain a 6 point gap over Liverpool from here till the end of the season. That's why i'm not worried, at all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    And that is relevant, how???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What a day lads!! Drinkfeckarse, 4tothefloor, Conor 74, Dolanswaistcoat, Kingdom and whoever else had the cheek to adorn my thread...... did ye enjoy that today?? Because I certainly did. What a victory. And it took that man Lee O' Carslaigh to hit the winner and once again to silence his many critics! If he continues in this vein form he could become European Player of the year !! Pool are in dire straights and cannot manage back to back wins for <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=love&v=56">love</a> nor <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=money&v=56">money</a>.
    Only three points separates the Merseyside blue from the Jose's North <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=London&v=56">London</a> Blue at this stage. And the amazing thing is we could and probably should be top of the league had a bit of luck come our way back a few weeks ago. Everton played Spurs off the park at Goodison a few weeks back and still managed somehow to loose the game. Similarly they drew at <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=home&v=56">home</a> to Villa when really they should have won quite comfortably. I think it's a foregone conclusion at this stage that the above poll will work in my favour. I reckon a poll as to who will make the Champs League or who will the Premier league might prove more challenging. Actually I reckon Everton would probably top it too.
    Fair dues to everton for winning a very close game that could have gone either way.

The first win for the blues in 10 attempts,bravo.If ye win another derby in the next 10 ye'll be doing well i'd say.
    Chamon Mothafcuka......he heeee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What a day lads!! Drinkfeckarse, 4tothefloor, Conor 74, Dolanswaistcoat, Kingdom and whoever else had the cheek to adorn my thread...... did ye enjoy that today?? Because I certainly did. What a victory. And it took that man Lee O' Carslaigh to hit the winner and once again to silence his many critics! If he continues in this vein form he could become European Player of the year !! Pool are in dire straights and cannot manage back to back wins for love nor money.
    Only three points separates the Merseyside blue from the Jose's North London Blue at this stage. And the amazing thing is we could and probably should be top of the league had a bit of luck come our way back a few weeks ago. Everton played Spurs off the park at Goodison a few weeks back and still managed somehow to loose the game. Similarly they drew at home to Villa when really they should have won quite comfortably. I think it's a foregone conclusion at this stage that the above poll will work in my favour. I reckon a poll as to who will make the Champs League or who will the Premier league might prove more challenging. Actually I reckon Everton would probably top it too.

Fair play, every dog has it's day as they say

Still think they are massively overachieving and the 'Pool underachieving.

Long way to go though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Mersey Marvel!

Lads yer trying to be gracious in defeat but deep down it's hurting. Yer still licking yer wounds while we're still rubbing salt into them! Oh, I'm still on a high...... Rafa is still Beneathus and will still be on Christmas day.... the perfect Christmas present!

In his pre-match press conference he described Steven Gerard as the "best midfielder in the world"..... if that's the case why is he only playing for the second best team in Liverpool? On another note, it's quite obvious Rafa does not yet understand the nature of a Merseyside derby. Think he's learnt his lesson!

Every dog has his day my ar$e. If that's the best ye can come up with it's a sad day. Once again our defence was flawless with David Weir and Alessandro Pistone outstanding. The tireless Zidane, sorry Kilbane tormented Josemi and for his hard work alone fully deserved his man-of-the-match award.

No matter what ye sad loosers say, Moyes men have quality. We are not in second place by chance. We are there on merit. And long may it continue!
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast