Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Which Merseyside team will finish higher in this seasons Premiership?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liverpool

22 44.00%
  • Everton

28 56.00%
Page 55 of 153 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3044

Thread: Everton and Liverpool discussion

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper
    I'm tired of this, I follow Everton, fair enough, I hate Liverpool, but I wish people would give Crouch some credit.
    this all started from liverpool fans slagging beattie saying he is rubbish ,we were just pointing out that crouch has 7 goals in 30ish ( if you count the 2 in japan and the 2 own goals ) games while beattie has 6 goals in 16

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Good piece in todays Examiner Arena from Stephen Kelly on the derby

http://www.irishexaminer.com/pport/w...IQHSmeYhNE.asp
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Good piece in todays Examiner Arena from Stephen Kelly on the derby

http://www.irishexaminer.com/pport/w...IQHSmeYhNE.asp
    Great stuff
    What a year 2005 was for Liverpool. Absolutely fantastic! (in my opinion before i get slaughtered!)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    just finished reading that nonsence ,
    what tripe

what about

Songs like “2-0 to the murderers” and “in for a week and out for 10 years (Everton in Europe)” .

liverpool fans now think heysel is funny !!!! and something to sing about WTF !!!!.

the rubbish about if you take evertons total for half a season its 20 points
    its typical liverpool fan rubbish ignoring facts to make his outragous point

1: since when does half a season count for anything
    2: last 3 years everton have got 59 ,39, 61 points ( if you add them up and get an average for 1/2 a season its 26.5 ) liverpool's is just over 30 points
    Last edited by anto1208; 04/01/2006 at 12:33 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d f x-
    I've only seen the goals still, but I'll take it. I think what you mean above is that mypost will find the negatives - either that or *create* some

(I am led to believe from glancing through that mypost has *selected* his results [i.e. creating negatives] and not comparing like with like, so no change there then - you know comparing 12th in Sept '05 to 5th in May '05 etc etc...Chelsea have not played Bolton away neither have Man United, but he's comparing results against the home Bolton to the away Bolton. The fact that Bolton only conceded twice before today and now conceded as many today is beyond him - oh and the result he didn't quote was Arsenal who did indeed go to Bolton, but I can't be arsed arguing it again and again and again)
    'Find' would have been more appropriate alright. He has concocted a few selective statistics in his time and he hasn't failed to let us down again!

Was really impressed with the Redmen the other day in an attacking sense and it seems like Kewell is beginning to show the kind of form that earned him a move to Liverpool in the first place. Praise has been coming his way from both manager and fans alike over the holiday period, and this may be a significant turning point in his Liverpool career.

The only incidents of concern were the mistakes at the back and the alleged stamps by Gerrard and Sissoko. Although the FA haven't acted i'm not utterly convinced that both players didn't go in with intent. In Sissoko's case especially I think Rafa needs to have a more than stern word in his ear about some of his challenges. While only 20 he needs to watch himself and learn a thing or two from a player like Hamann, who doesn't have to cover miles because of his positional acumen. I'd hate to see the lad branded in the same bracket as Essien; although an 'over-exuberant' challenge on Diouf was probably merited.
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Kewell didn't do well against Bolton though from what I saw...and I think it's now aty the stage where he needs a goal to take the form up a notch - he should have scored at home to Newcastle and/or West Brom and didn't..

The tackle by Sissoko was what I was expecting and fearing when he arrived - I always think he has legs like Traore in that he thinks sliding is a far better option when it's not. The difference being he can win the ball irrespective unlike Traore. I really expected to be sent off more than he has been and it's no coinceidence that the games he has been sent off in or has had trouble in staying on have been away to 'British' teams like Sunderland, Everton and Bolton where his physical side can run away with him. Otherwise I have been extremely pleasantly impressed by him and particularly the performance away at Chelsea in the CL - Roy Keane like coverage of the pitch. I would nearly go as far as saying that if he can control himself in the games above, his abscence in the team might prove as vital as Gerrard not being there. I think he is far better than Hamann at doing exactly that and more than Hamann does..

Oh and he got away with it on Monday.......
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser
    Let me guess....If crouch scored against a non league team in the FA cup you would not consider that a goal either??
    He will have scored, if he scores himself, and not rely on the opposition to do it for him.

What are the other teams reason then? crouch also? or that they didnt sign owen?
    As a Liverpool fan, it's not up to me to comment on other teams' weaknesses. However, it looks as though it is up to me, to point out our weaknesses compared to our rivals.

Look i dunno what world you live in but on this planet the world club championship is not a friendly tournament.

Again we dont really care what you think the fact is that Crouch scored 7 goals in december
    What you care or don't care about is immaterial, imo. As someone once said, "You have the right to be wrong".

On both counts!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost
    As a Liverpool fan, it's not up to me to comment on other teams' weaknesses. However, it looks as though it is up to me, to point out our weaknesses compared to our rivals.
    Liverpool fan?! You must be joking? It isn't imho 'up to' anyone on here to make a judgement on any Liverpool player or any rivals, be it informed or ill-informed. I'd imagine thats why the club has employed top people to do as much and because it is their job, it is 'up to' them to analyse things, as that is what they are paid to do. We can all have a say (some more sensible than others!), but what counts is what is happening in the club and not outside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    What you care or don't care about is immaterial, imo. As someone once said, "You have the right to be wrong".
    **********STOP PRESS********

Mypost in truth shocker......

Touché indeed
    The Model Club

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Roy Keane like coverage of the pitch.

Kewell definitely needs a goal, but his all round contribution over the last few games has been very encouraging. He was MOM in many media reports and, generally, journalists aren't too quick to dish out praise to Kewell, whether it is merited or not.

He definitely covers more ground than Hamann, and Liverpool are better for him in the team; but if he could combine elements of Hamann's game with his then he will become an exceptional midfield player i.e knowing when to stay on his feet and being more composed on the ball. It will come, and maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit in wanting him to be on a par with the best already. He is raw and thats why there is probably so much high expectations for the lad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    It won't take very long for Sissoko to bring in Hamann's abilities, a year or two maybe. Now Hamann is there for another seson and a half, he should be able to pass on some calmness and square-passability to Sissoko. It's a perfect combination from Benitez, imo Hamann gets to play less as he's older and still gets more from the same type of player whilst learning Hamann's qualities so that when he does go, Sissoko is almost the finished article.

Hamann takes things too easy at times, he won't pass the ball forward if he can possibly get away with it, it'll go through Alonso or Carragher or Hyypia instead. Add this to Sissoko's urge to get forward more, all he needs is Hamann's composure instead of jumping in - and only for the 'British' matches at that. I think that it won't be too long before he gets that from Hamann as Didi plays less and less.

I wouldn't however want to completely curb Sissoko's sliding tackle ability though - just temper it for the likes of Everton etc. who will target him..
    The Model Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I'm sure if we lose tonight or whenever we lose Luton maybe
    Hope you put money on that cos it's gonna happen. 3-1 to Luton now, oh class
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    5-3 to Pool, oh class!! Just practicing our comebacks for Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Getting ahead of yourself there Sligoman, eh??
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Erm, I eat my words so
    Getting ahead of yourself there Sligoman, eh??
    You can grin now but I'm sure you we're ready to come on here and give out like feck about Liverpool when they were down 3-1 were'nt you? Enough said.

What a fecking game for a neutral, 8 goals(most of which were crackers), 2 penalties and just great end to end stuff. Liverpool were extremely lucky to come away with a win in the end though, played very bad for most of it(even Gerrard admitted that) and the scoreline really flattered Pool. I feel sorry for Luton, deserved a replay at least(any Pool fan who disagrees seriously needs to watch the match again).

I hear choking at Anfield, that defensive record is getting worse every week, conceding 3 against a fairly average Championship team.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    If you are 3-1 up and lose 3-5, then you don't deserve to win.....

You can also be very poor for 55-60 minutes and come back and win if you like - the game is 90 minutes long, Luton forgot that and burned themselves out after 60......

conceding 3 against a fairly average Championship team
    Lucky we only scored 5 in response then...

Play badly, score 5, through to the next round, miss a penalty, manager make the vital substitution......I'll take that..
    The Model Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    great game for the neutral although I was obviously supporting Luton. Xabi Alonso's 2 goals were absolute crackers. Gerrards reaction to Alonso taking the shot from inside his own half was hilarious And then he goes and falls over when he is getting interviewed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town
    Gerrards reaction to Alonso taking the shot from inside his own half was hilarious, And then he goes and falls over when he is getting interviewed
    They were the two most entertaining parts of the whole match. Gerrard slipping, saying "Woah, I hope that doesn't go out on tv". Classic. Alonso was trying desperately not to laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    You can grin now but I'm sure you we're ready to come on here and give out like feck about Liverpool when they were down 3-1 were'nt you?
    Well, if you weren't so cocky when it was 1-3, I wouldn't have to laugh at you. We are the comeback kings. Just ask Luton, Olympiakos, AC Milan,.........

Quote Originally Posted by detown
    great game for the neutral although I was obviously supporting Luton.
    Yeah, I wonder how many neutrals were supporting us??
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Well, if you weren't so cocky when it was 1-3, I wouldn't have to laugh at you. We are the comeback kings. Just ask Luton, Olympiakos, AC Milan,.........
    Still didn't answer my question though did you?.