Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Which Merseyside team will finish higher in this seasons Premiership?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liverpool

22 44.00%
  • Everton

28 56.00%
Page 51 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3044

Thread: Everton and Liverpool discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost
    FTR, Crouch's header was initially touched onto the post by Given. The ball then went in via Given's head. OG.
    still crouchs goal in my book

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town
    still crouchs goal in my book
    *Checks how important De Town's book is*

No, not important.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down The foot.ie fruitcake

Score Correction:

Crouch 0-0 Owen.

Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle
    Gerrard, Given (og)

You'll have to come up with better than that.
    The biggest wind up merchant ever. Its sad to think that a fella has to pretend to be a Liverpool fan to probably hide the shame of supporting some other second rate club, and that 'club' that play in hooped jerseys down EL1.

Give up on the Crouch vendetta like a good man cause your making yourself look like a bigger clown than you've already made yourself out to be. Owen is history, Newcastle are sh!te and Liverpool are on the way up with the players and management that we are all happy to have except for one clueless individual that goes by the name of mypost. I, and every other right-minded Liverpool supporter, would be happy to see scuttery goals like that from Crouch every week if it meant 3 points. I also happily accept his all round contribution like the beautifully cushioned ball into Gerrards path for his goal yesterday. Take note Michael Owen, its called a first touch! Its called an all-round game that doesn't just revolve around providing service for you in a one-dimensional way. Liverpool have moved on since his departure and there's no need for looking back. Infact, I'll just look back to that night in May once more that he could have been a part of but chose otherwise. All the best Michael, you didn't deserve what was dished out to you yesterday but Liverpool fans are knowledgable football people(with the exception of mypost) and we're more than happy with our lot of present!

Happy New Year mypost and hopefully you'll come to your senses!
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSemi
    and that 'club' that play in hooped jerseys down EL1.
    What's even more sad is that you, as an Irishman, don't support an Irish team and probably know little about the EL in general(judging by your confused smiley there)
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The smiley indicates my confusion at why he bashes Liverpool when he claims to be a fan, not what your insinuating.

I'd safely say I've kicked a lot more balls in EL football that your good self sligoman. If thats all the ammunition your throwing at me for stating the truth about mypost then you'll need to try better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I'd safely say I've kicked a lot more balls in EL football that your good self sligoman.
    So what, you're saying you used to play in the EL?. What team in the EL do you support now then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Thumbs down

The biggest wind up merchant ever. Its sad to think that a fella has to pretend to be a Liverpool fan to probably hide the shame of supporting some other second rate club, and that 'club' that play in hooped jerseys down EL1.

Give up on the Crouch vendetta like a good man cause your making yourself look like a bigger clown than you've already made yourself out to be. Owen is history, Newcastle are sh!te and Liverpool are on the way up with the players and management that we are all happy to have except for one clueless individual that goes by the name of mypost. I, and every other right-minded Liverpool supporter, would be happy to see scuttery goals like that from Crouch every week if it meant 3 points. I also happily accept his all round contribution like the beautifully cushioned ball into Gerrards path for his goal yesterday. Take note Michael Owen, its called a first touch! Its called an all-round game that doesn't just revolve around providing service for you in a one-dimensional way. Liverpool have moved on since his departure and there's no need for looking back. Infact, I'll just look back to that night in May once more that he could have been a part of but chose otherwise. All the best Michael, you didn't deserve what was dished out to you yesterday but Liverpool fans are knowledgable football people(with the exception of mypost) and we're more than happy with our lot of present!

Happy New Year mypost and hopefully you'll come to your senses!
    I won't reply to vitriolic personal abuse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Cool it down in here everyone. You don't want to see such a longstanding thread locked now do you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    JoeSemi - don't reply/encourage him...it'll only get us all rational thinkers irate and say something we shouldn't.

I'm sure you can see exactly why such a thread has got a little heated, Poor Student.

mypost, 8 wins in the league and not a goal conceded and all you can waffle on about again and again (and again and again) is how much of a touch Given got or Pollitt got and whether we're expected to beat teams or not. There has been absolutely no comment on the recent performances because they don't fit your line of thinking of the current regime though. Confused smileys and not responding to personal abuse is seemingly your sum total of posts on Liverpool's run of victories.

I'm sure if we lose tonight or whenever we lose Luton maybe or Bolton perhaps, you'll be first to analyse every little bit though. It actually reminds me of ambulance chasing. Immediately something goes wrong, people jump on it and fail to think rationally that the injury sustained is not as bad as the doomsayers think..
    Last edited by dfx-; 28/12/2005 at 11:47 AM.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I won't reply to vitriolic personal abuse.
    You didnt reply to me either when i asked you to comment on how good liverpool are playing at the moment

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Now cmon you mighty redmen lets stuff the bitters tonight!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    FTR, Crouch's header was initially touched onto the post by Given. The ball then went in via Given's head. OG.
    ah come on if was anyone else that got the header im sure you would say they got it jst because its peter crouch although it was a well directed header there wasn't much power in it but it was a great team performance again by liverpool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtop
    ah come on if was anyone else that got the header im sure you would say they got it jst because its peter crouch although it was a well directed header there wasn't much power in it but it was a great team performance again by liverpool
    Or maybe not. Benitez complained after the match that we should have won by more against Newcastle. (True) It was a solid performance, against a side who packed it in early.

The own goal has nothing to do with Peter Crouch. You may remember last season, I judged both Chelsea's winners against us to be own goals by Jamie Carragher, (which they were). There's no such thing as claiming goals. You either score or you don't, and in 5 months, Peter Crouch has actually scored as many goals for the team as Jamie Carragher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Peter Crouch has actually scored as many goals for the team as Jamie Carragher.
    The man himself has scored against Everton tonight. 2-0 so far. Crouch and Gerrard after 20 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d f x-
    and not a goal conceded
    James Beattie just put an end to that. Everton scored another goal that was unfairly(in my opinion) disallowed too. Come on ye blues!.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3-1,cisse c'mon the pool

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    So what, you're saying you used to play in the EL?. What team in the EL do you support now then?
    Yes, kicked being past tense as the season is a few months off starting again and I'm not currently kicking ball. There's no point in even getting into it because this thread is a Liverpool-Everton discussion and you've strayed totally off course like Everton's season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Smile Merseyside stays Merseyside.

Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    The man himself has scored against Everton tonight. 2-0 so far. Crouch and Gerrard after 20 minutes. Everton scored another goal that was unfairly(in my opinion) disallowed too.
    Excellent performance. 2 early goals shut the crowd up. Great finish by Crouch for his goal. Everton's goal in the first half, was rightly disallowed, as all of the ball had crossed the byline beforehand.

Next up, one of our favourite opponents, West Bromwich Albion, as they guarantee us 6 points every season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Excellent performance. 2 early goals shut the crowd up. Great finish by Crouch for his goal. Everton's goal in the first half, was rightly disallowed, as all of the ball had crossed the byline beforehand.

Next up, one of our favourite opponents, West Bromwich Albion, as they guarantee us 6 points every season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Everton's goal in the first half, was rightly disallowed, as all of the ball had crossed the byline beforehand.
    Not a chance. It was clearly still in play. The linesman wasn't even in line with the ball or the line to give a proper judgement. Everton were robbed of a perfectly good goal!