Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Which Merseyside team will finish higher in this seasons Premiership?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liverpool

22 44.00%
  • Everton

28 56.00%
Page 11 of 153 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton and Liverpool discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Down to 6 points now already, with the return at Anfield still to come

We've got Chelsea & United in the next few games, and unless Everton can rebuild a good points lead in that time, forget about it.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Liverpool bid for Aimar??

Apparantly Liverpool have made an official £8.5million (€12m) bid for Pablo Aimar on Monday night. Don't know how genuine this is...

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s34....htm?fromrss=1

Morientes and Aimar would be some christmas present, can't see them getting the two though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Liverpool Fantasy Transfer Window Selection:

Given/Cudicini,
    Ayala,
    Juninho,
    Morientes,
    Aimar.

Budget: 10 million Euro. Who will we buy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost
    Liverpool Fantasy Transfer Window Selection:
    Juninho
    I hope thats not the waste of space currently at Celtic

I think they'll sign Morientes, Scott Carson and a centre-half on the cheap, as Henchoz is on his way out in the window. I'd say he won't move for Aimar till next summer, his transfer fee will hopefully have dropped to about £4m\£5m by then.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    I hope thats not the waste of space currently at Celtic

I think they'll sign Morientes, Scott Carson and a centre-half on the cheap, as Henchoz is on his way out in the window. I'd say he won't move for Aimar till next summer, his transfer fee will hopefully have dropped to about £4m\£5m by then.
    Aimar wants out of Valancia now because he can't get a regular place and he wants to move to Liverpool to hook up with his old boss so theres no reason why Valencia wouldn't let him go on the cheap to offload his wages.

Four English clubs(incl 'pool and newcastle)and two french are supposedly after Morientes so he could be costly.

If all comes to all and Liverpool can't get Morientes then they should make a move to take James Beattie from under the nose's of everton,villa and newcastle.Sur he'll jump at the chance to play at a big club like liverpool with a recognised very sucessfull manager and with a great chance of Champions league football each season.Why would he go to a small club like everton,who fight relegation battles almost every year and which is on a par or even lower down the pecking order of english clubs than Southhampton are.
    Chamon Mothafcuka......he heeee.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yea it's great,the 'massive' twelve point lead between the proper team in merseyside(not tranmere or everton reserves,Conor74 and Dillo) and everton has been halved and things are starting to right themselves again.Chelsea look like this years Arsenal and speaking of which the frenchies won again tonight and utd are winning away and keeping touch with the top two.

All we need now is for everton to finally stop getting their jammy wins and start falling all the way down the table to their customary position in the relegation battle and finish in 17th place 2 or 3 points above playing in the coca-cola league.
    Last edited by DolansWaistcoat; 29/12/2004 at 10:36 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Threads merged, both have been becoming more and more similar.

Gary
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Ummm, I've read it in English newspapers that have neither Messrs. Harris or Samuel in their payroll.

Yes, and Liverpool have roots in the Orange Order/Freemasons whereas Everton drew support from the Catholic (and one would presume mainly Irish) community. So while there may be plenty of geographical links, and you may indeed feel confident that 'Scousers, and Irish people get on well together' (btw was Liverpool the only English city to hold an annual Orange Order March) I don't think that alone answers why Liverpool have more Irish fans. I suspect winning all round them in the late 70s and 80s is a more realistic basis for the fanbase rather than some deep Scouse/Irish understanding...
    I agree that the shedload of Irish support for Liverpool is due to their success and worldwide reputation, rather than a scouse-ireland bond. cos where are the tranmere and everton fans in ireland. there's not a lot! and i dunno if liverpool is the only city in england to have an orange march but the *******s take up half the city when they do it. i almost missed a 5-a-side match due to them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum- Only the best is good enough.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Robbed today

That result today was a load of b ollo x. Chelsea were shocking and deserved zilch from the game. I thought it was one of Liverpool's best performances of the season, but once again we were left frustrated by injuries and a lack of back-up. Mike Riley was a disgrace and at this stage it's quite obvious that he's not up to reffing (a) Big premiership games, and (b) Any game involving Man U, especially at Old Trafford. How this guy is still a Premiership ref is beyond me.

I thought Benitez got the tactics spot on - Duff, Robben, Gudjonsson, Lampard were largely ineffective, and all was working fine until that little $hit Cole scored yet another poxy goal. It's so frustrating to have the likes of Baros, Cisse, Kewell, Smicer, and now Xabi Alonso out of action. The injuries are beginning to really pi$$ me off We have had absolutely no luck whatsoever this season.

On another note, the Toffee's have begun to melt already! A few injuries to Martyn and Stubbs and its freefall Welcome to the real world toffee's, where it's not all plain sailing.........enjoy the next few weeks Dillo & Co, because by mid February we'll be above ye AND in a League Cup final
    Last edited by 4tothefloor; 01/01/2005 at 5:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Yes, and Liverpool have roots in the Orange Order/Freemasons whereas Everton drew support from the Catholic (and one would presume mainly Irish) community. So while there may be plenty of geographical links, and you may indeed feel confident that 'Scousers, and Irish people get on well together' (btw was Liverpool the only English city to hold an annual Orange Order March) I don't think that alone answers why Liverpool have more Irish fans. I suspect winning all round them in the late 70s and 80s is a more realistic basis for the fanbase rather than some deep Scouse/Irish understanding...
    I think it's fair to say that if we all supported English football clubs based on their political/religious allegiances, they would have no fans here, because most of the clubs playing in England are clubs who are not Catholic. If you want to watch foreign teams from a Catholic country, Spain, and Italy are the countries to watch them.

LFC always had and continue to have a large fan base here. If it was about success, then most of our fans would have gone to support the red-and-blacks up the road for the past 10 years.

As for yesterday's game, it was a sickener.

Carragher scored an own goal down there in September, and another one yesterday. We didn't have many clear cut chances, and our striker crisis was shown painfully. What a difference an Owen, a Baros, or a Morientes would have made.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As for yesterday's game, it was a sickener.

Carragher scored an own goal down there in September, and another one yesterday. We didn't have many clear cut chances, and our striker crisis was shown painfully. What a difference an Owen, a Baros, or a Morientes would have made.
    Yea,i'm still disgusted over yesterdays game.A good buddy of mine is a chelski fan and we watched the game together and he freely admitted that they deserved nothing from the match.Anyway Utd have won these type of games for years and it's that kind of luck in big games that will win chelki the league this year more than likely.

You can't blame Carragher for the goal yesterday,if someone had picked up that little sh!t Cole at the edge of the box he wouldn't have had a free shot.I thought it was class the way the cameras followed the teams down the tunnel at half time and caught Carragher giving out to that weasel Riley about the blatent penalty that he was about to give and changed his mind with the whistle in his mouth.''Ball to Hand'',he said what a joke.

Liverpool definately need a striker now and must keep onto Hamman who is out of contract in the summer,he's still well able to play at this level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The official Liverpool site seems to be hinting that both Anelka (£7.5m) and Morientes are on their way, along with Pellegrino (centre-half, free transfer) from Valencia. Liverpool are only prepared to pay £4m for Morientes Can't see them pulling that one off! Henchoz to Man City or Southampton, Biscan to Southampton, Kirkland said to be available for £4m, thank god....

Nothing on Scot Carson or Pablo Aimar though. All rumours at this stage of course, but should be an interesting month ahead.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    According to the spainish press Newcastle United have offered more than liverpool for Morientes all ready but the player himself wants to go to anfield because of the spainish connection.

I'm still not sure about Anelka,great player at times but still has his little mood swings and imagine himself and Baros together in one side,two greedier strikers would be hard to find.

Everton seem to have got Beattie for 6m.Seems he thought the toffees had a better chance of Europe than Villa. I suppose if they win the Fa cup they'll get in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DolansWaistcoat
    You can't blame Carragher for the goal yesterday,if someone had picked up that little sh!t Cole at the edge of the box he wouldn't have had a free shot.I thought it was class the way the cameras followed the teams down the tunnel at half time and caught Carragher giving out to that weasel Riley about the blatent penalty that he was about to give and changed his mind with the whistle in his mouth.''Ball to Hand'',he said what a joke.
    I'm surprised they get a camera down our tunnel, let's just say it's rather old fashioned. There's no room to swing a cat down there, never mind a camera. It's like Arsenal's in terms of space.

The blame goes to Carragher for the own goal. Cole's shot was going nowhere, until Carragher steered the ball the other way. You just knew that if Chelsea were going to score, it would be something like that.

Morientes going to Newcastle, is about as likely as Newcastle winning the league!! How would he get his game against Shearer, Bellamy, and Kluivert? He'd be 4th choice again.

Still if we're stuck for a striker, there's always Les Ferdinand......
    Last edited by Gary; 03/01/2005 at 1:42 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The blame goes to Carragher for the own goal. Cole's shot was going nowhere, until Carragher steered the ball the other way. You just knew that if Chelsea were going to score, it would be something like that.
    It wasn't an own goal,Cole scored the goal because it was on TARGET(Dudek would have probably saved it,but that doesn't matter) although it did take a wicked deflection off Carragher who can hardly be blamed when a ball hits his leg at speed when he was marking another Chelski player in the box.

Like I said already nobody picked up Cole at the edge of the box and he got in a powerfull shot after Johnson headed it down to him and it happened to end up in the net.Unlucky for Liverpool and fortunate for Chelski,and we all now that the team who wins the title always gets a good chunk of luck in big games like these.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DolansWaistcoat
    It wasn't an own goal,Cole scored the goal because it was on TARGET(Dudek would have probably saved it,but that doesn't matter) although it did take a wicked deflection off Carragher who can hardly be blamed when a ball hits his leg at speed when he was marking another Chelski player in the box.
    If Cole's shot had been saved by Dudek, (as it would have been) nobody would have cared who Carragher was marking at the corner. I say it was an own goal because Dudek was going to save the original shot. Accidental or not, Carragher steered the ball wickedly in the other direction, so the ball could only have gone in, from his touch. It's not the first time he's scored at the Kop for the opposition. He did it twice in one half against the red-and-blacks 5 seasons ago, which we lost as well.

As for Chelsea's performance on Saturday, does handling the ball, and pushing the opposition in the penalty area, count as great defensive organisation, as quoted by their boss, and players?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    It's not the first time he's scored at the Kop for the opposition. He did it twice in one half against the red-and-blacks 5 seasons ago, which we lost as well.
    Tell me about it, I was at that game. I'm sure he'll put things right in a few weeks in the same fixture

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Cole's shot had been saved by Dudek, (as it would have been) nobody would have cared who Carragher was marking at the corner. I say it was an own goal because Dudek was going to save the original shot. Accidental or not, Carragher steered the ball wickedly in the other direction, so the ball could only have gone in, from his touch. It's not the first time he's scored at the Kop for the opposition. He did it twice in one half against the red-and-blacks 5 seasons ago, which we lost as well.
    Every newspaper which had the match report and every soccer programme had Cole as the goalscorer,you're the one and only person who has said it was an own goal.
    If every goal that took a deflection(even a whooping great big one like Carras the other day)off opposition players when it was struck ON TARGET like Cole's shot,then there would be a sh!t load of OGs in the scores section of the sunday morning papers.

Cole hit the shot on target and it ended up in the net,his goal,no arguments.Thems the rules,my post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Maybe that's why players get so many goals, they get help to score them from defenders!! In other countries, they decide goalscorers by who touched the ball last including goalkeepers, therefore resulting in many own goals.

Looking at the fixture list, we have 3 more visits to London left in the league, and only 2 more at home to London teams, (and er..Watford) next week. That reminds me... it provides the opportunity for revenge for our 0:1 home league defeat to them in 1999. It was their only away win all that season.

Page 11 of 153 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast