Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Which Merseyside team will finish higher in this seasons Premiership?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liverpool

22 44.00%
  • Everton

28 56.00%
Page 54 of 153 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3044

Thread: Everton and Liverpool discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Yeah, but Liverpool hadn't conceded many lately and had won their last 8 or 9(?), and now conceded two in the one game = It's a sinking ship in Anfield at the moment.
    Desperation obviously sinking in at Old Trafford then...

Oh and it was 10, btw...
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d f x-
    Desperation obviously sinking in at Old Trafford then...

Oh and it was 10, btw...
    Who cares how many, it's over now and nobody will remember that "run" when ye go on a losing streak from here.

and no, desperation is not sinking in at OT.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d f x-
    (I am led to believe from glancing through that mypost has *selected* his results [i.e. creating negatives] and not comparing like with like, so no change there then - Chelsea have not played Bolton away neither have Man United, but he's comparing results against the home Bolton to the away Bolton. I can't be arsed arguing it again and again and again)
    You are admitting that you can't argue the b&w evidence, I take it?

Only one team won at Bolton, but that's irrelevant. What is relevant is that they beat Bolton, and we didn't.

The gap to the top now stands at 6 matches and 17 points.....by January.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost
    You are admitting that you can't argue the b&w evidence, I take it?

Only one team won at Bolton, but that's irrelevant. What is relevant is that they beat Bolton, and we didn't.

The gap to the top now stands at 6 matches and 17 points.....by January.
    Behave yourself and stop acting like a spoilt kid. we won the previous 10 games before that and thats all you can do to try catch the leaders. Chelsea are just too strong to be caught by anyone this year. Liverpool will finish 2nd based on current form. Is that not enough of an improvement on last year? The answer is YES it is!
    Now pick up your dummy and go sulk somewhere else
    Last edited by jockser; 03/01/2006 at 9:40 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ahem...

Crouch revised total:

3 in 6 months!!!
    More tripe!
    Crouch scored 7 goals in december.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    *holds head in hands*

Oh dear God.......

Bolton's home form is irrelevant when considering a match away to Bolton according to mypost.......

*falls down in laughter*

The Model Club

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Who cares how many, it's over now and nobody will remember that "run" when ye go on a losing streak from here.

and no, desperation is not sinking in at OT.
    *Tumbel weed blows through*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser
    More tripe!
    Crouch scored 7 goals in december.
    What have you been reading???

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Own goals, and "goals" in friendlies don't count. Gerrard's goal in said friendly also doesn't count.
    Comprendez???????
    Last edited by mypost; 03/01/2006 at 11:05 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i see sissoko was at it again stamping , when i think of how out-raged liverpool fans were about essein !! and told me not to drag up the past well here is a fresh "tackle" for ye , he should be banned for 3 games aswell .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What have you been reading???

Comprendez???????
    LOL i havent been reading anything the FACT IS he scored 7 goals for liverpool last month (one of which against newcastle has gone to the dubious goals committee which is rediculous anyway) There were no friendlies involved, and were all competitive goals
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/crouch/
    Next!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208
    i see sissoko was at it again stamping , when i think of how out-raged liverpool fans were about essein !! and told me not to drag up the past well here is a fresh "tackle" for ye , he should be banned for 3 games aswell .
    If you are trying to compare Sissoko's stamp on Diouf to Essien's *ahem* challenge on Hamann, then it is incorrect. Yes, Sissoko probably will be suspended, but it goes nowhere near Essien.

You may have posted about friendlies, mypost, but there were no friendlies and Crouch has scored 7 goals in December for Liverpool, ergo he has scored 7 goals. Incidentally who has 'revised Crouch's total'? Was it FIFA? FA? UEFA? Or just your own interpretation perhaps?

You are admitting that you can't argue the b&w evidence
    Here's some black and white for you, then......I won't argue though - it's like arguing with a boomerang, I will merely put forward my line for everyone else to make sure that people don't think you are the voice of rational thinking amongst Liverpool supporters...

21 games played and Chelsea have dropped 5 points and are on 2.8 points per game.
    Liverpool are on a very respectable 41 points from 19 games (2.2 points per game).

To put things in perspective, when we had our 11 game winning run in 1982 we finished on 87 points from 42 games (2.1 points per game) and that team had the likes of Hansen, Dalglish, Rush, Souness in it.

A good argument is that around 2 points per game (like we are on now) used to mean you were RIGHT in contention for the league but due to Chelsea unlimited riches and strength in depth
    (yes, and a decent manager) the bar has been raised big time and at the current rate Chelsea would stand to amass 116 points from a 42 game season (remember we got 87 in 1982).
    Note the words to put things in perspective - look them up in a dictionary and then use them in future before you 'revise totals' etc...
    Last edited by dfx-; 03/01/2006 at 3:19 PM.
    The Model Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Diouf was always(since coming to the Premiership anyway) a dirty player. This was proven when he spat at a Celtic fan while playing for Liverpool and also spat at someone else while playing for Bolton too.
    Speaking of dirty players....after seeing the two incidents last night, it looks like Gerrard and Sissoko were extremely lucky to avoid a straight red card. Disgracful play, especially from Gerrard considering he is the captain
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the FA are not considering action against them

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    finally the everton players are playing with a bit of fight in them now great stuff v charlton 3 goals !!! one dissaloud (perfectly good ) and hit the post twice ... moyes was left speachless after the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    after seeing the two incidents last night, it looks like Gerrard and Sissoko were extremely lucky to avoid a straight red card. Disgracful play, especially from Gerrard considering he is the captain
    Aaaah, I see!! When a Liverpool player is hacked by the opposition, you choose not to see it, but as soon as one of our players makes a risqué tackle, you want the book thrown at him.

Fyi, both Gerrard and Nolan have dismissed Gerrard's tackle as an accident. Sissoko's challenge was also accidental. The referee has admitted that he saw both challenges, and didn't need to take further action against our players. Unlike Bolton and Everton, we are not a dirty team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser
    LOL i havent been reading anything
    There's a surprise.

the FACT IS he scored 7 goals for liverpool last month. There were no friendlies involved, and were all competitive goals
    The goals in the "competitive" () matches against Saprissa are akin to scoring goals in pre-season friendly competitions.

Milan Baros and Fernando Morientes scored in friendlies against Wrexham and Olympiakos in July. Do they count in this season's goal tally??
    No, thought not. Likewise, goals in friendly tournaments in Japan also don't count.

The club doesn't recognise own goals. Likewise, I don't recognise goals scored in friendly tournaments. Crouch has scored 3 goals, end of argument. His strike rate is frankly embarrassing when you consider that he has played every game for 6 months, and is a reason why we are currently 17 points off the leaders.
    Last edited by mypost; 04/01/2006 at 1:13 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Speaking of dirty players....after seeing the two incidents last night, it looks like Gerrard and Sissoko were extremely lucky to avoid a straight red card. Disgracful play, especially from Gerrard considering he is the captain
    Stop being daft. Gerards tackle was an accident. Nolan said it himself

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The goals in the "competitive" () matches against Saprissa are akin to scoring goals in pre-season friendly competitions.
    LOL but this was a competitive competition. WE DONT CARE what YOU think the FACT is that it IS a competitive competition. What is not getting accross here duh?
    Let me guess....If crouch scored against a non league team in the FA cup you would not consider that a goal either?? LMFAO

Milan Baros and Fernando Morientes scored in friendlies against Wrexham and Olympiakos in July. Do they count in this season's goal tally??
    EH no coz they are friendlies duh!
    No, thought not. Likewise, goals in friendly tournaments in Japan also don't count.
    some people will swear black is white just for the sake of it. Look i dunno what world you live in but on this planet the world club championship is not a friendly tournament

The club doesn't recognise own goals. Likewise, I don't recognise goals scored in friendly tournaments.
    Again we dont really care what you think the fact is that he scored 7 goals in december
    Crouch has scored 3 goals, end of argument.
    7 goals end of
    His strike rate is frankly embarrassing when you consider that he has played every game for 6 months, and is a reason why we are currently 17 points off the leaders.
    LMAO its all crouchs fault. What are the other teams reason then? crouch also? or that they didnt sign owen? LOL The only thing thats embarrassing round here is your knowledge and analysis of football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    3 words.

Add. Ignore. List.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    can we get off the friendly comp debate its ridiculous , if liverpool fans want to think its a proper comp then fine let them think that .

the goal v wigan was and own goal how the gave him that i dont know . the ball was nt going in then changed direction by about 80 degrees came down and was knocked in by the keeper . the one v newcastle hit the post came out hit given and went in .

at a stretch you could say he has 5 goals
    Last edited by anto1208; 04/01/2006 at 10:42 AM.