Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Which Merseyside team will finish higher in this seasons Premiership?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liverpool

22 44.00%
  • Everton

28 56.00%
Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton and Liverpool discussion

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    if it hadnt been for Liverpool fans running riot in the Heysel Stadium.
    It wasn't them, it was Chelsea....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillo
    However our Dane Tommy G is another class act as evidenced by the Mancs recent monitoring of him. He's going nowhere though. Unlike Shrek, he's blue til he dies
    Yeah, he loves the club sooooo much that he refuses to sign a new contract No doubting he's a good player, a great player though...very questionable.

Bye Bye Tommy come the end of the season.

And if you believe that he'd stay at Everton if i.e. Manure or similar came calling then you're deluded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Tommy G

Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse
    Yeah, he loves the club sooooo much that he refuses to sign a new contract No doubting he's a good player, a great player though...very questionable.

Bye Bye Tommy come the end of the season.

And if you believe that he'd stay at Everton if i.e. Manure or similar came calling then you're deluded.

Tommy G is a highly ambitious and determined man. He stated himself earlier in the year that he wants nothing less than European football, otherwise he would have to look elsewhere. However it's looking ever likely that this will be the case at Goodison next season which means Grav is here for the long haul. So hands off him mancs!
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    they could very clearly remember Orange Order marches in Liverpool as late as the 50s which were attended by Liverpool fans in the main. Thankfully both clubs seem to have put that one to bed.
    The city hasn't though - still orange lodges and marches every year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    It wasn't them, it was Chelsea....
    No it was Liverpool fans. You're listening to their propaganda.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The poll is shaping up nicely above!
    26 voters and the blues are in a commanding position!
    Everybody can'y be wrong.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not a hope in hell of Everton finishing above liverpool this year or any year for that matter.Fair enough Moyes has done a great job with a team containing Kevin Kilbane and Lee Carsely,(two players blasted in the National team Forum of this site every two days for being Sh!t) and everton will challenge for a top six spot but better than liverpool not a hope.

We had same thing this two years ago aswell when Everton were challenging for a champions league spot for most of the year and the 'tide was turning blue in merseyside blablabla' and yet liverpool still finished ahead of them fairly easily in the end,and with a side so dependent on Michael Owen and Gerrard to win them games.

I think Beni will do a good job if he's given a chance,get rid of Kewell and a few other wasters and bring in some more quality players in january.Alonso has been a great success with Garcia and Josemi doing well to a lesser degree.Plus don't forget Cisse was a Houllier buy and I wouldn't be suprised if he never played for liverpool again,if he ever fully recovers that is.
    Chamon Mothafcuka......he heeee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up David Moyes

Quote Originally Posted by DolansWaistcoat
    Not a hope in hell of Everton finishing above liverpool this year or any year for that matter.
    Not a hope in hell you say. You're fairly adamant anyway! A team containing Kilbane and Carsley?? What's wrong with such a team? Kevin Kilbane is a fully established international at this stage and has gained great respect of late for his recent performances including that great night in the Saint Denis . He puts in trojan work for both Ireland and Everton. Carsley is doing a fine job in front of the Everton back four and as we all know has been there at every beck and call for Ireland. Two such whole-hearted and dedicated pros been knocked by a l@nger! Liverpool mightn't be in the predicament they are if they hadn't such players with attitude problems like Harry Kewell. You're expectations aren't too high when you label Garcia and Josemi a success. Distinctly average might be a more appropiate description. Alonso was diabolical against Boro at the Riverside and has yet to deliver any sort of consistency. Sixteen games now played and Rafa is still three places Beneathus. Happy days!
    Last edited by Gary; 19/01/2005 at 7:32 PM.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts

Everton record vs Liverpool record (recently)

I dunno about that. I certainly remember a time when Everton were the better team and winning titles and I don't see why a return to that is impossible.
    Everton:
    Div 1 Champs: 1984-85 , 1986-87
    FA Cup Winners:1984
    European Cup Winners Cup:1984-85

Liverpool:
    Div 1 Champs: 1975-76, 1976-77, 1978-79, 1979-80, 1981-82, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1985-86, 1987-88, 1989-90
    FA CUP:1985-86,1988-89
    EUropean Cup:1976-77, 1977-78, 1980-81, 1983-84
    UEFA Cup:1972-73, 1975-76

Yeah the records really stand up Conor. Incidently the European trophy that Everton won, was a competition Liverpool couldn't give two flucks about during the good old days because we were too busy winning the European Cup. If Everton were good to suggest a dominant period in Europe then surely they would have dominated the domestic game also??

In fact bar Evertons two pre-war(s) FA CUP wins there hasn't been any time when Everton were winning trophies that Liverpool weren't....unless you were referring to the 1930-31 DIV 2 League win?????

Yes it is hard for the Reds to take that the Toffees are sticking it to us , but it is only a temporary measure. Some of the current crop of players at Anfield just aren't good enough and yes if they only had half of the ethic some of the Blue boys have then we would be in a far better position.
    Juust on a different point. Supposedly Cisse was not going to last at Anfield, as Benitez wanted to have Baros as the focus of the attack (someone else poitned out that Benitez tried to sign him at Valencia) I don't think this was the case. As it is its €20m down the drain as the boy is out for the rest of the season, and cannot be condemned as a failure as he didn't have enough time to prove himself.
    With January and the transfer window approaching hopoefully some good signings will happen.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    And that's the most notable thing about your list, how far back you're going for serious trophies like the league title for both teams. Fair enough you think Lpool are better than Everton, but frankly in this day and age it's a bit like Huddersfield and Blackpool arguing about their past glories.
    However I'm not arrogant enough to try and argue the above point. It's a fact now that Liverpool are not challenging for the League and have not been for a while, which makes this thread even more disgusting. Having to worry about Everton instead of worrying about ManUre.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom
    Yeah the records really stand up Conor. Incidently the European trophy that Everton won, was a competition Liverpool couldn't give two flucks about during the good old days because we were too busy winning the European Cup. If Everton were good to suggest a dominant period in Europe then surely they would have dominated the domestic game also??
    To suggest that Everton weren't one of the top teams in the mid-late 80's is laughable. Norman stopped them doing a treble in 85 ffs, and as I'm sure you're aware they were banned from Europe for their 85/86 and 87/88 European Cup campaigns when they had an excellent team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    To suggest that Everton weren't one of the top teams in the mid-late 80's is laughable. Norman stopped them doing a treble in 85 ffs, and as I'm sure you're aware they were banned from Europe for their 85/86 and 87/88 European Cup campaigns when they had an excellent team.
    I didn't say they weren't one of the top teams. I just didn't feel they were better than the Pool. I might be blinkered at the best of times, but they certainly were the only rivals to Liverpool in the mid eighties. They just weren't better thats all. Anyway tis only an opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Kingdom]Everton:

Have you got Alzheimers lad?? Everton beat ManUre at Wembley in '95 to win the FA Cup! Quite obvious you're fond of the copy and paste job!

Next Saturdays game at Goodison will tell a thing or two!
    I'm quietly confident of a blue victory although they'll just come and sit back and soak up the pressure as usual.
    Last edited by Dillo; 07/12/2004 at 3:30 PM.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dillo]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom
    Everton:

Have you got Alzheimers lad?? Everton beat ManUre at Wembley in '95 to win the FA Cup! Quite obvious you're fond of the copy and paste job!

Next Saturdays game at Goodison will tell a thing or two!
    I'm quietly confident of a blue victory although they'll just come and sit back and soak up the pressure as usual.

Hahaha,you talk about liverpool coming to soak up the pressure at everton when I think it was last year that everton came to Anfield and were battered sensless for 90 minutes and hung in there for a 0-0.It was 3-0 to liverpool at goodison aswell I think so that really shows liverpool 'sitting back and soaking up the pressure'. Actually when was the last time everton beat liverpool?,about five or six years ago i'd say.Roll on saturday.

Fair enough Everton won the cup in 95(and I was delighted) but it was manures to take if they could have taken one of their twenty chances on goal,it was almost as big a farce as the 88 final the way everton clung onto there lead.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Hate pointing out the REALLY obvious but have you seen ANY of Liverpool's FA Cup wins lately. I think they usually were of the '1 shot on goal, 1 goal' variety (they may have had a few more against Sunderland), and if I remember right they were also allowed to punch the ball off the line three times in a game to further help them...
    2 Cup finals they survived the hand balls in the box.

I just try and gloss over that last week of the 95 season - two goals and it would've been another double.....

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I just think a Liverpool fan knocking Everton's Cup victories and completely forgetting how Liverpool performed in theirs is the height of selective memory.
    I know, it just brought back some painful memories of that day in Upton Park - Cole hitting the post, not picking Hughes, having to travel to that dump...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    2 Cup finals they survived the hand balls in the box.

I....
    Macy, at last we found something to agree on!!

If I ever get within an inch of that bloody Stefane Henchoz after his basketball display against Arsenal in 2001 cost us the bloody cup, there's no telling what I do!!! Also had to watch the game in the GPO in Galway thanks to a friends wedding, not another fellow gooner in sight!!
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hate pointing out the REALLY obvious but have you seen ANY of Liverpool's FA Cup wins lately. I think they usually were of the '1 shot on goal, 1 goal' variety (they may have had a few more against Sunderland), and if I remember right they were also allowed to punch the ball off the line three times in a game to further help them...
    What do you mean ANY of their cup wins lately,they've won it once since 1993 and it was a very fortunate win against Arsenal in 2001.Michael Owen being the difference on the day with two goals(the second was a great counterattack) in the last ten minutes while Henry and co missed chance after chance.

As for punching the ball off the line I think the goalie is allowed do that if he wants.
    The ball hit Henchoz on the arm a couple of times,which is ball to hand and not a penalty imo AND the referees on that day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=DolansWaistcoat]
    Hahaha,you talk about liverpool coming to soak up the pressure at everton when I think it was last year that everton came to Anfield and were battered sensless for 90 minutes and hung in there for a 0-0.

I think a certain Wayne Rooney hit the crossbar that day in Anfield! Tonight will yer final game in the Champions League so enjoy it!
    Use will come to Goodison on Saturday then full of confidence.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was that the game where Gerrard thought he would really like to hear the sound of a bone snap and thought Gary Naysmith would be perfect fodder?

That was the same game alright Conor. Hear the scumbag is leaving for Chelsea shortly though. Use will be nicely fcuked then! Oh yeah sure ye still have Diao.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast