Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Which Merseyside team will finish higher in this seasons Premiership?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liverpool

22 44.00%
  • Everton

28 56.00%
Page 14 of 153 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton and Liverpool discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74

The things Lpool fans will do for a place at the top table.

Sorry, but the top 3 in England are ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal. Lpool are nowhere near that group and to pretend there's some kind of 'top 4' whereby Lpool are somehow in the same league as the other three is just funny.
    No, there is a top 4, that's why there are FOUR champions league places, not 3, FOUR. The cut-off is from 4th place down. In case you haven't noticed, teams that finish third and fourth basically both finish up with the same qualification, as both have to pre-qualify for the CL.

I'll tell you whats funny though, Mr. Sainsbury deciding to give the sheep two fingers today! Enjoy the mediocrity of the coco-pops championship, 'cos you're going to be watching it for a long, long time yet

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think a Pool fan can comment about takeovers at any other club. Last time I checked, some property developer pulled out of a deal. Before that, I understand it was the poor people of Thailand who were going to be paying up for multimillionaire footballers on Merseyside, I presume they'll have to wait a respectful time after the disaster before trying that avenue again...
    dont let youre lack of knowledge on the LFC take over bid let you down mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    But getting back to the actual thread, I understand Merseyside is set to lose their best midfielder, with Graveson looking to Real.

Not wanting to go over old ground Conor but that's funny.
    Last edited by Gary; 14/01/2005 at 8:27 PM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I understand Merseyside is set to lose their best midfielder, with Graveson looking to Real.
    I'm sure our Jase won't mind filling the top spot here once Gravesen leaves

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steven Gerrard.... Player of the month for December after coming back from 2 month injury....no surprise there then.....

Gravesen another true blue gone..... snigger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Farewell to a legend

A sad day for Everton football club. Tommy G always gave 100% to the cause and wore the blue jersey with distinction and pride. As a player he is the complete package in my view. His loss will be colossal and his absence is sure to hit the toffees hard. The highly ambitious man that he is, his future with Everton was always in doubt and his imminent departure was no real surprise to Evertonians. At two million Real have a real gem on their hands. He's worth ten times that in my opinion. Football really is a cruel game and at the end of the day money is the be all and end all. Chelsea's success proves this. I for one wish Grav all the best at the Bernabeu. Thanks for the memories Tommy.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillo
    As a player he is the complete package in my view.
    Is he not the complete package as a man Dillo? Is he missing anything do you think?
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Missing a bit of gruaig and a few other things I suppose! How he'll compete with the likes of Figo, Becks and Raul is beyong me.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe Tommy Grav felt the competition was becoming too stiff on Merseyside with the recent arrivals of James Beattie and Morientes. However, I would have thought that leaving Merseyside for Madrid is like going from the firepan into the fire.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I presume they'll have to wait a respectful time after the disaster before trying that avenue again...
    You've outdone yourself again with yet another stupid reply

Liverpool won't be taken over until somebody comes in with a bid that will
    (a) Buy out David Moores shares, at their full value, and
    (b) In addition, invest enough money in the club that will gaurantee the new stadium being built, and in the transfer market to allow Benitez compete with Chelsea & Man U.

With (b) alone, you're looking at £60m - £80m, at least. David Moores shares are said to be worth anything from £60m - £100m. Essentially, it's a double investment initially, as Moores has to be bought out, in addition to the actual investment in the club. On top of that, there is a third investment, that of the new Anfield.

The Thai deal was never a takeover. It was an investment of £60m, in return for a 30% stake in the club, plus board representation. Liverpool weren't prepared to sanction the latter, so thats why it went tits up. Steve Morgan did try to launch a takeover, but his bid only values the club at a ridiculous £80m, while his share issue plan screws David Moores. The thing is, Liverpool FC have a good board who will only do a deal that is 100% right for the club. Unlike Leeds Utd, who were, and still are, a laughing stock.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In my opinion, Everton cashing in on Graveson now shows exactly how high their ambition is.

Losing a player like him, who has been so pivotal to their success so far this season, is a hammer blow to their aspirations of a CL/UEFA placing come May.

Surely if Everton had any ambition, they would have held onto their best player and keep them with a realistic chance of CL, where Im sure they would earn more than €2m, not to mention being able to attract better quality players, and make inroads to good squad development forging a way for them to be perenial CL qualification contenders arther than perenial relegation material.

If I were an Everton fan, I would be sick at this news.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

El Classico (English version) preview

Yet again, it's time to battle for North-West pride, as Liverpool and "someone from Manchester" do battle in front of a worldwide audience of millions. The kick-off time wil obviously suit Japanese Prime-time tv!!

With our opponents coming here on the back of 3 straight 0-0 draws, against our 5 wins from the last 6 games, together with our impressive home form, and an added weapon in Fernando Morientes, we should stroll it in theory. If only!

Our record against them is bad lately, having lost the last 2 home league games to them 1-2. To cut a long story short: If we play like we did against Arsenal, we'll win, but if we play like against Watford, we may not.

This weekend is the 8th anniversary of Jamie Carragher's league debut, a 3-0 win at home to Villa, in which he scored. Just a reminder Jamie: If you score today, make sure it's at the right end!! Good luck lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Tommy G

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    In my opinion, Everton cashing in on Graveson now shows exactly how high their ambition is.

Losing a player like him, who has been so pivotal to their success so far this season, is a hammer blow to their aspirations of a CL/UEFA placing come May.

Surely if Everton had any ambition, they would have held onto their best player and keep them with a realistic chance of CL, where Im sure they would earn more than €2m, not to mention being able to attract better quality players, and make inroads to good squad development forging a way for them to be perenial CL qualification contenders arther than perenial relegation material.

If I were an Everton fan, I would be sick at this news.

Everton done all their power to hold on to Gravesen. He had a great relationship with Moyes but it's not everyday a club like Real Madrid come knocking on your door. Moyes wasn't going to stand in his way. There's no doubt his loss is a hammer blow. He was Everton's best and most consistent performer for a long time and the news is devastating to say the least. Having said that after Rooney's departure a lot of people tipped the toffees for relegation. Instead his loss seemed to galvanise the squad and they're now sitting high in fourth place. However I cannot see Grav's absence having the same impact on the team and unfortunately I'm predicting a dramatic slide down the ladder...
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Liverpool 0 - 1 Man Ure

Very disappointed with the performance today. Too many passengers and error prone players in the side. Hamann was absolutely useless, and proved right what a lot of people have been saying this season - he's finished at this level. As a result, Gerrard was trying to do the job of 2 men today, and against the likes of Keane and Scholes, that just isn't possible. An average display from Gerrard, but then again he's not superman. **** Frank Lampard for putting Alonso out anyway, what a difference he would have made today. I want to see Alou Diarra back at Anfileld next season, he's out on loan and a far better player than Hamann at this stage.

As for the rest, Garcia was his usual $hit self again today. Wasteful at every oppertunity, not strong enough on the ball, and selfish when in good positions. Not good enough basically. Then we have Dudek who is a walking disaster. He's been Man U's most effective player at Anfield for three years on the trot now, conceding comical goals at times when Liverpool are well on top in the game. Hopefully the useless **** will be shown the door in May.

Thought Carragher & Baros had good games. Morientes looked good, and given time will be a deadly striker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Toffees still top dogs on Merseyside.

About time you saw the light Limerick man. You red sh!te are going nowhere fast. Played pathetic football in yer own back yard again today against an understrength Man Ure side (and I'm not defending those shower!). It's true what they say- Jerzy is the pole in the goal ! He's a joke. Use couldn't conjure up one single clear cut chance in the entire game and failed to capitalise on the numerical advantage for the last twenty mins. Gerard continues to play his dramatic style and for some reason finds it really difficult to make a simple pass. No denying that Keane won the midfield battle fair and square today. Hamann on the other hand is as slow as bad caster oil! Baros (although probably yer best player today) is like a headless chicken. Liverpool to me look like a team doomed to failure. They lack belief and leadership and play very predictable football. The bottom line reads they're just not good enough!
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liverpool were out-thought and out fought.

Didi Hamann probably had his worst ever game today, but to say he is past it is short sighted, and to be fair - a typical barstool slogan.

Garcia worked hard today, but didnt get the rub. If only he had pulled that ball back at the death!

Carragher was outstanding, as was Baros, and Hyppia. I was surprised to see Riise get subbed. I thought Traore was very effective, best game he has played yet for Liverpool (amzingly today was his 100th appearance fro Lpool!).

Morientes looked rusty.

Liverpool are a poor team. Benitez has a lot of work to do to clear the dross he inherited, and create his own team. That said, he should try start signing a few Englishmen now though.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Apprentice
    Tramco, Rathmines 7 sometimes 8 nights a week!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Liverpool 0 Man Utd 1

Its about time you useless scousers faced up to the fact that nobody likes ye and ye are cr*p...I have heard nothing only excuses about how ye are rebuilding a team since ye last won something decent...and no, the Europen 'Special' Cup known to some of ye as the Uefa Cup doesnt count.

Today, you played a Manchester Utd team in your own back garden and not for the first time, you blame Lampard for Alonso not being there and these other 'passengers' who, if you hadnt played Man Utd today and LOST would be superstars!!Traore...Carragher...Nunez...Pongolle (where did they get him out of?)...Hamann...Riise...Josemi (they call him "the Spanish Carragher- poor fella!)...Dudek...the list goes on my old friends.

Man U controlled the game from beginning to end. Even playing the last 20 mins or so with 10 men, Liverpool couldnt create a clearcut chance. Mr Morientes had one chance- narrowly missing some fan in the back row of the stand waving his scarf over her head and singing "Youll never walk alone"....for what I wonder?? When Liverpool were reduced to driving a few Garry Owens in the latter stages of the match...this fan fortunate to still be alive, thought it better to leave the ground...he didnt walk alone might I add.

I have even noticed one or two 'pool fans shouting their heart out for Chelsea, Arsenal or any other team that can give Utd a game in the hope of Utd slipping up against them....how sad to be reduced to this.

Man U...just incase anyone is not aware took to the field today without several first choice players- Van Nistlerooy, Giggs, Smith, Rio, Garry Neville. They even had to sacrifice Ronaldo's sublime skill when Brown was shown Red...much to Djimi's delight as he was beginning to look dizzy chasing shadows.
    Rooney drove home from 20 yards and celebrated in front of the Kop....I must admit that brought a tear to my 3 eyes
    Keano let fly on the volley, again leaving Dudek grasping at air, smashing against the cross bar in what would have been a contender for goal of the season without doubt. His tackling in the centre of the park was what we have come to expect of this genuine midfield general...call him what you like, hes a Legend. Perhaps some fine day Gerrard and Lampard might be half the player Keane is.....if they reach that potential wont they be pretty fine players?
    All in all, the only person that actually gained something from todays game would be Gerrard who would have felt priviledged gracing the same field as Roy.

So what now for Liverpool you might ask? Well they appear to be going all out to take home the Carling Cup...fielding a full strength team in their lucky 1-0 home win against Watford. They have now added to their squad in a bid to obtain what is surely their only genuine attempt of silverware this season.
    We will be all rooting for you in the 2nd leg against Watford as you cling on to your 1-0 advantage.

All the Best,
    The Green Hen

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What a fcukin disgrace it was with some one in the Kop throwing a phone at fatty Rooney after his 'rocket' that left Dudek with no chance.
    A waste of perfectly good phone imo and he didn't even hit the fat scumbag.I hope he got it back after the game. I'm only messing,I would never condone fans throwing things at players at any time.Rooney went over the top with his celebrations though and could have caused a lot of trouble.I suppose you could hardly expect the fat lad to run all the way to the utd fans to celebrate.

As for the game,utd deserved the win with Keano brilliant as usual and Scholes back to his best.Gerrard was poor by his standards and Carragher and Hypia were class.Morishowed he can be a great striker again when he gets back to match fitness and gets used to the english league.Garcia is a head wrecking player who wastes so much of the ball it's not even funny,needs to improve dramatically.
    Chamon Mothafcuka......he heeee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Angry Drab

The game was rubbish yesterday. Hardly surprising with two bad teams playing. The weather was good, but the ball bobbled up everywhere on a pudding pitch, and few chances were created. I thought we deserved a point though. They scored after their favourite keeper refused to save the tame shot. Yer man should have been booked for inciting crowd trouble with his celebration, but when you play for them, everything goes your way!!

They came looking for a point, they only had two shots on our goal. The goal changed the course of the game, during our best spell, and made us lose all our momentum. A miserable game and a miserable result.

2 home defeats so far this year, with 4 away games on the bounce to come. Happy New Year!
    Last edited by mypost; 20/01/2005 at 3:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillo
    About time you saw the light Limerick man.
    What light? All you keep ranting on about is how Everton are going to finish above Liverpool, and "Merseyside is now Moyseyside". No they won't, and no it's not. I watched Everton today, and yet again they were $hit. They play $hit football, route one football, based on defense and packing the midfield. And you're on about Liverpool playing poor football?! Is Moyes Houllier in disguise by any chance?

Didi Hamann probably had his worst ever game today, but to say he is past it is short sighted, and to be fair - a typical barstool slogan.
    Since the start of the season, I've seen about 90% of Liverpool's games live. Apart from the first few games of the season, Hamann has been well below average. In fact, he's been awful. He doesn't have the legs to command the midfield area anymore. I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Hamann has only been mildly effective this season when BOTH Alonso & Gerrard have been in the same midfield as him, thus easing his workload. He's been rubbish since Alonso's injury. Did you not see him against Watford? Or are you another one of these football experts that judges players on their reputations rather than their current form, in the here and now?

Secondly, I'm not a barstooler. I watch most of the games at home. Maybe I'm a homestooler?

Garcia worked hard today, but didnt get the rub. If only he had pulled that ball back at the death!
    That's Garcias problem - If only. If only = Mediocre. He had 3 or 4 major if only's in the game, and got all of them wrong. If only he could control the ball and not give it away 150 times per game, that'd be a start. He's basically a poor mans Pablo Aimar, a player to be brought on rather than start a game IMO.